Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ris said:
Only posting the obvious things things I saw in your pictures. One picture has what looks like a stairwell, and the other has what looks like a pointer made from leaning rocks.

Another thing, on "pig" rock are you thinking that where I marked it as a horse head looking down would be the "tail, hind leg and butt of a pig"? Because I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of carving a pig's behind. One more thing on the "pig rock"- the areas I circled on it below do not look like natural deposition of soil to me, more like it was dug out and refilled. Hence the triangle area with a hole in it still.
-Ris
Yes Ris that`s how I see the pig, your horse is the hind leg. The front part of possible bear is also the pigs butt.

Hopefully in the near future, I can get out there and check this rocks.

Thanks Ris and Shortstack.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, the first photo looks like a boot. Simple. Could always follow the heel. I think following the toe would be too obvious. As for the rest of the pictures: A bunch of homework will help you more than a bunch of opinions.

Una Braza......

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blind.in.Texas,

At this stage in my treasure hunting stage, I need all the help I can get.

Me gusta que me platicen pero no todo les creo ( I do not believe everything). Even what I mark myself is my own mind seeing what it wants to find. I Hope that some is real. I need lots of learning, I`m just avoiding sitting in the dark until I can understand the light.

There is wisdom in your words.

Thanks for posting. :coffee2:

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
Palo, Shortstack;
In the photo on which SS outlined a head. The long shadow line to the left bears a striking resemblence to a 50 vara symbol. Check "Hawkeye" Picketts "Treasure Hunters Field Notebook" page 34. The dash directly below could mean to double the distance. I would go out 50 varas and two box the area and check for other signs, then 100 and do the same.

There's a lot of info on that rock.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grillz said:
Palo, Shortstack;
In the photo on which SS outlined a head. The long shadow line to the left bears a striking resemblence to a 50 vara symbol. Check "Hawkeye" Picketts "Treasure Hunters Field Notebook" page 34. The dash directly below could mean to double the distance. I would go out 50 varas and two box the area and check for other signs, then 100 and do the same.

There's a lot of info on that rock.

grillz,
That line, also is the eyes of a possible bird that I see, body to right face looking back toward bear.
Thanks for the input.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello I am also at a loss as to what a windrose is, I think it is two triangles located joined together by symbols that show the distance and direction toward each other, they can be a selection of a few feet ( not likely ) more than likely they will be measured in cordells for instance it may be 2.5-- cordell 189 feet X 2.5 473 feet between the 2 sets of triangles one may show all the directions ( three corners with a dig here symbol on one of the corners and that will be a trick )and distances and the other will only show only one distance / direction ( two corners ) it will match one of the distance / direction found on the first, then you must find the blind corner to locate your cache ( old hand dug hole ) using information from the 1st one. Please be assured that they will have several dig here symbols and they are all designed to keep you busy and away from the actual cache site. They Will Not put a mark / symbol / sign above the cache site, the Old Time Spanish Priest did, something that I found interesting was in the 1460's the Jesuit Priest joined the Mason groups for protection, you have to research a little to find it but its worth the effort and why are there so many Mason symbols in Washington D.C. why does Fort Knox have 5000 tons of Gold in storage, why was it necessary to make it illegal to have gold in the 1930's. How much reached Spain. How much lies at the bottom of the ocean. I will delete this if it offends anyone. It does not matter if you have drill holes, or any number of symbols marking the corners of a triangle its still a triangle, the feature of the rocks only show you where to look, top of a hill, side of the hill, spring, or other information, one 1 inch drill hole will also mark that as a corner, the facial feature will show the direction of the next one, outline of an eagle go to the top of the = high place ( sorry don't believe in trees for Jesuit Priest stuff )bear = side hill near top

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
dsty said:
Hello I am also at a loss as to what a windrose is, I think it is two triangles located joined together by symbols that show the distance and direction toward each other, they can be a selection of a few feet ( not likely ) more than likely they will be measured in cordells for instance it may be 2.5-- cordell 189 feet X 2.5 473 feet between the 2 sets of triangles one may show all the directions ( three corners with a dig here symbol on one of the corners and that will be a trick )and distances and the other will only show only one distance / direction ( two corners ) it will match one of the distance / direction found on the first, then you must find the blind corner to locate your cache ( old hand dug hole ) using information from the 1st one. Please be assured that they will have several dig here symbols and they are all designed to keep you busy and away from the actual cache site. They Will Not put a mark / symbol / sign above the cache site, the Old Time Spanish Priest did, something that I found interesting was in the 1460's the Jesuit Priest joined the Mason groups for protection, you have to research a little to find it but its worth the effort and why are there so many Mason symbols in Washington D.C. why does Fort Knox have 5000 tons of Gold in storage, why was it necessary to make it illegal to have gold in the 1930's. How much reached Spain. How much lies at the bottom of the ocean. I will delete this if it offends anyone. It does not matter if you have drill holes, or any number of symbols marking the corners of a triangle its still a triangle, the feature of the rocks only show you where to look, top of a hill, side of the hill, spring, or other information, one 1 inch drill hole will also mark that as a corner, the facial feature will show the direction of the next one, outline of an eagle go to the top of the = high place ( sorry don't believe in trees for Jesuit Priest stuff )bear = side hill near top

Well said Ernie,

Mario,
Look back at the info I posted about measuring a Spanish triangle.
It should help get you a bit farther along the trail.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, DSTY and Thom.

On my two conglamorates, the two shapes appear to be facing each other. Is there any significance to that?

I am guessing the third corner is buried, or a smaller rock that I missed?

Attachments

• Copy of 7. Two formations NW of opening about 70 to 100 ft..jpg
    Copy of 7. Two formations NW of opening about 70 to 100 ft..jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 898

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Mario you may have the two corners that is necessary,and its anyones guess as to where the 3rd one is at ( there will not be a 3rd mark at this location hidden or otherwise ) unless and untill you find a triangle ( in the area which could be 1/2 mile in any direction ) to show you the distance / direction to travel you will not have any idea on where you must dig. I would be interested in how far it is between the 2 shown marks and the direction, it should be 330 degrees ( or reverse ) and 69 paces. ( sorry, it may be fractions of a cordell also, 1/2-- 1/3/ -- 1/4.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DSTY,

I know I need to get out there to measure and document this better.

When I was standing between the two formations, I asked my brother what he thought the distance between them was, and he guessed 40ft.

I think the left formation is South, and the right formation is North.

The right formation looks like a bear to me, and I did find other symbols at SE, end of the hill. A turtle.

I see a possible triangle using the turtle`s front flippers. The end of left flipper has a upside down "U" shape, on end. The right flipper has keyhole or fish like indentation on end. And the small rock behind turtle (cemented, not loose.) This triangle appears to have equal sides about 87 in. I used walking stick to measure and later measured my walking stick. My distances are not accurate at this point.

I see two owls on turtles shoulders, but are so very obscure, they may not be there at all. It`s easy to pull stuff out of this type of rock. But, if you guys see them , please confirm.

Mario

Attachments

• 13. South of opening..jpg
    13. South of opening..jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 793
  • Thunting november 2010 023.jpg
    Thunting november 2010 023.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 805
  • Thunting november 2010 021.jpg
    Thunting november 2010 021.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 797
  • Copy of 12. South of opening.jpg
    Copy of 12. South of opening.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 815
OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On sidewall of shaft/cave, I see a face that reminds me of the face, as on the Shroud of Turin.
Opposite of face on other side of wall, I see the Crucifixion. I see where erosion has happened at the top of Crucifixion beam. But the rest is deep not made by water run off?. I don`t think rain water would have done that.

I have been tentative to post this because its on dirt wall, probably more protected before, but know it is beginning to fade.

If the Spanish were redundant with their signs, would they have done this on dirt wall, knowing that it was protected enough from mother nature to possibly last the required amount of time.

Attachments

• Copy of Thunting november 2010 015.jpg
    Copy of Thunting november 2010 015.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 700
  • Copy of Thunting november 2010 015.jpg
    Copy of Thunting november 2010 015.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 698
  • Copy (2) of 2. North, Opening with eagle,horse, owl,shadow bear or pig..jpg
    Copy (2) of 2. North, Opening with eagle,horse, owl,shadow bear or pig..jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 706

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Pala Y Pico said:
Hello, Thunters

I was looking at some pictures from a camping trip, this last summer. I hope they are interesting to you.
Boot, bird/Frog and bear form a triangle. I have more pictures and will post as as needed. After the snow goes away, I plan on taking a second look. These rocks were a few yards from my camping spot. A dirt road leading to next camping spot, goes right through the triangle.

Boot points to bird like rock, frog, and other rock(picture not included). I m not sure how many pictures I can post at one time.
A few feet from frog is a snake or turtle head, looking toward bear but not exactly.
I remember walking the distance between rocks and it seemed to be the same on all three sides of triangle.
I was not following any signs when I found these rocks. I took an interest in the rocks because I had just started reading Tnet.
The grand kids and I had alot of fun looking, but showing the adults, did give me a bit of a strange feeling when they looked at me. ;D
This hobby is very enjoyable. The fly pole has gotten dusty, and I don`t know when I will pick it up again. Its darn cold out there any way.

I would appreciate your opinion on these rocks.
Is this treasure related?
If I have a triangle, what do I do next?

Mario

Nautical Format (map) Don't let this confuse you but the graphics are flexible anywhere one finds a marker set. Child-like, child's mind, charades, works like a spirit board game.

Largest piece first; station, next smaller piece lays on top and is rotated counter clockwise from it's present position of 3:00, and turned back to a general alignment with 11 on the dial. repeat with each piece.....hold each over the growing, one by one, the kaleidescope in your view seeks focus.

Your site has an axle or winrose, looking natural but not; stone and tree or two trees together wherein one is a stump (slang-decoy-illusion) and an illusion in the works as well. If you find what you think is a winrose or main site axle, start with 32 or 23 degrees on the compass towards a concealed dig and 17 or 18 for a triangle apex and cache

Your photos in stone......

Coming to the surface is a seal (slang), A sea captain with his booty and on-board his corsair; shipwrecked. A clam (slang) trap door entry, hatch or trap or illusion here as well. A photo of a stone ship laying on its side (slang) with the ghost of his parrot swimming a-cross; a lost treasure lies here; from the bottom of the site, ; trail markers begin and lead in from a spot that resembles a cove or location similar to a small remote landing; a shelf or level spot with water real or imagined. Nautical measures on approach to landing the site, The seaman and his world in charades. A game worthy of Kings (Dons) or just a man of the sea; as shrubs in a royal garden.

To set all else aside and cut to the chase, I would stand in front of the large brown headstone, looking in the same direction as he. Then I would compass to my right and to my left; now imaginary 11 and my 2 o'clock as I stand there. The direction that is closest to 180+ degrees on the compass would be the first choice. If that appears to be an illusion after a search, go back and go further as the markers are set up to send you just past the treasure and then to back track. Use this cross hatch (slang, to walk on a heading across a second but smaller headstone, laying flat on the ground-the right angle from each other) again, at the brown Captain stone as your base cross pattern targeting for compass and look in the other four 90 degree directions. 90 degrees, 180, 270 and 360 degrees. you may run into some caves or color or both and a single standing marker of some sort possibly a topped and burned tree and off you are. Two burned trees would appear to be a cache, in between and under.

Attachments

• The Captan\'s Scotty Dog.jpeg
    The Captan\'s Scotty Dog.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 697
OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted Fork, an apology, for a very late thank you for you response to this topic.

I went back to check out my triangle ( Boot ,Bear and frog). But this is a camping area and a family was camping at the spot. I will have to try again later.

As I was leaving I noticed these rocks close by. The first three pictures are same rock.

The drill holes on other two rocks go all the way through the rock.

On the last picture, is that one symbol or two symbols or maybe nothing?At first glance I though a backwards "7", but the horizontal shape seems like it`s not connected with the vertical shape.
An ancient key and keyhole? :dontknow:

Attachments

• Camping 2011 049.jpg
    Camping 2011 049.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 573
  • Campiong 2011 048.jpg
    Campiong 2011 048.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 571
  • Camping 2011 047.jpg
    Camping 2011 047.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 576
  • Camping 2011 045.jpg
    Camping 2011 045.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 572
  • Camping 2011 044.jpg
    Camping 2011 044.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 575
  • Copy of Camping 2011 046.jpg
    Copy of Camping 2011 046.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 526

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Palo, seems if memory serves me right drill holes that are drilled all the way thru the rock are measured the same as any other, edge to edge, ( legnth of the hole ) if they are 1" measurement is by the foot if they are 10 CM ( 4 " ) measure by the pace ( seems to be 32 inch pace ), and the horzional ones may be two corners of a very important triangle, ( mooring hole ) measurements / degrees are very important and will be exact using Spanish measurements / degrees.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you dsty, If I measure length and multiply by width, is that how you get distance. I just noticed a horizontal hole, that makes three. These hole are within arms lenght of each other. Do I add up the lenght of all holes and go in a certain direction?

Attachments

• Copy of Camping 2011 049.jpg
    Copy of Camping 2011 049.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 512

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I need the measurements to answer your question, distance between / compass degrees / size of the hole depth of the hole, sounds like you may have a triangle that's possible part of a windrose

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to check out my triangle and bear rock.

Until I get better at this , I think I`ll just wait.

One hour after we went to bed, the real bear came and drank all the caprisun drinks I had brought for the kids.

When I heard the beer cans popping ......well a man has to protect his possessions. I banged on the door with my hand before I opened the door....you know to give him a chance to run. I didn`t want run first because I was cornered anyway. And it`s been a long time since I screamed like a 13 year old school girl.

Sure enough, I could see his hump with head inside the cooler moving back and forth looking for caprisun drinks.

I yelled like real macho, because that`s the way I was brought up.

Well, he ran offt and I spent the rest of the night jumping up at every sound I heard.

My hunting partner is on the last picture.

Many misteries, tree with a needle on the side, other trees with wire going right throuh the center. :dontknow:

Attachments

• Camping 1 2011 021.jpg
    Camping 1 2011 021.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 485
  • Camping 1 2011 030.jpg
    Camping 1 2011 030.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 463
  • Camping 1 2011 034.jpg
    Camping 1 2011 034.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 481
  • Camping 1 2011 037.jpg
    Camping 1 2011 037.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 484
  • Camping 2011 014.jpg
    Camping 2011 014.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 489
  • Camping 1 2011 043.jpg
    Camping 1 2011 043.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 467

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY, POP:
Your hunting partner found a trail tree. (I think) LOL

Is that 2 faced carving considered a Janus or a corner marker since the left face is looking toward the right and the right face is looking toward the camera? (the 2 vision fields form a 90 degree angle).

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
P Y P

If you dug the hole beside the knee tree the pretty girl is resting on, did you find anything. Is that the only side you dug on?

The wires in the trees may be from old fencing, where they strung the wire from tree to tree.

Oddrock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread