Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, the treasure hunter, you are very welcome. Although I feel you have given us more pleasure with your postings. I love the energy you seem to have.
It seems like the things we look for are with rattlers, bears and such. I ran into a pack of wildpigs (Javalines)in the Big Bend area in Texas once, we were face to face, The biggest one took a stance blocking my path protecting the heard. I threw two stones at him, both missed, and he did not move.. his hair standing up. After waking 7 or more miles in over 100 Plus temp, I did not feel like running.... not sure I had the energy to run anywere. I said OK if you stay, there I will backtrack and go around the hill. I went around the hill and they probably had the same idea, because we met again on the other side of the hill.

You are making some great memories to remember .... sometimes that is the only treasure we will find.
Thank you for sharing and I pray for your safety in your adventure.

Under the list of things to do is to return to the Big Bend, and accross the river. There is an adventure there waiting to happen. I will need some dogs on the hunt.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lovnit said:
I just thought I would post a Mexican cactus triangle that I found and see what everyone has to say about it, the larger cactus in the back is not part of the triangle nor is the smaller one to the left,The right cactus is banded and is the northern most one. Any questions I can answer I will.

Lovnit, you will have to post more info or more close up pictures to engage the interested. This is only my opinion.
Try "Basic signs and symbols"

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
HEY, POP:
Your hunting partner found a trail tree. (I think) LOL

Is that 2 faced carving considered a Janus or a corner marker since the left face is looking toward the right and the right face is looking toward the camera? (the 2 vision fields form a 90 degree angle).

Shortstack, You are assuming I know more, then I do?
I am considering living this site alone until I understand more about the signs. This site could be something or nothing. Please guide me if you can.

SS even if you are an armchair treasure hunter or what ever, I think there a place for you here as you know more then I or others do.

I have more interesting things down South, but life does not allow me to go there yet. I hope I don`t wait too long.

I don`t mind you marking up my rocks. Please do as it might help me.

I do miss rangler, as it`s like having my green chili with out the hot. :coffee2:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mario,
As Oddrock said, calculate just under the bend of the tree rather than beside it.
If there is a buried clue that is probably where you will find it.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P Y P:
Here's what I was talking about. It's hard to show the vision line kinda / sorta at the camera. My point is that the 2 vision lines are at right angles to each other.

Camping 1 2011 034-PYP-crop1.jpg Camping 1 2011 034-PYP-crop2.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lovnit said:
I just thought I would post a Mexican cactus triangle that I found and see what everyone has to say about it, the larger cactus in the back is not part of the triangle nor is the smaller one to the left,The right cactus is banded and is the northern most one. Any questions I can answer I will.

Well, that DOES seem to follow the guidelines of how the northern most corner is #1, etc.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
P Y P

If you dug the hole beside the knee tree the pretty girl is resting on, did you find anything. Is that the only side you dug on?

The wires in the trees may be from old fencing, where they strung the wire from tree to tree.

Oddrock
Oddrock, I did not dig by the tree, someone else did. Also some of my smaller rocks were moved. A snake or turtle head was not on it`s pedestal. I did find them and put back in place. I think I just realized the snake may be looking at that double face rock.
What is your thinking on where to dig?
On the wire going right through the center of the trees, I think you are correct. They probably wrapped the wire around a much smaller diameter tree, and tree grew around the wire. I wonder how long these trees live?
Thanks Oddrock

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lovnit said:
Lovnit, you will have to post more info or more close up pictures to engage the interested. This is only my opinion.
Try "Basic signs and symbols"

Thank You PYP I just thought this would be a good place to post a triangle considering the topic. No disrespect intended.
[/quote]

lovnit welcome to the forum and this thread. I was just pointing out that O.D really knows his stuff.
Please post here anytime. :coffee2:

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
P Y P

as Old Dog stated, under the bend or to the left...maybe as far away as 66 feet, probably no more than 18 inches...or 36.(depth wise also) If that is some carving on the lower right of the tree at the base...could be instructions. My 2nd choice would be to the right or south. I was just curious as why someone chose to dig on the west side, away from the bend.
Use your metal detector as your pointer may be metal...do not remove, just get compass degrees, check for marks and rebury just as you found it. That way if you get lost, you have a point to start over.

Oddrock

Oddrock

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Mario,
As Oddrock said, calculate just under the bend of the tree rather than beside it.
If there is a buried clue that is probably where you will find it.

Thom, thanks for info. Even though you had already answered, I asked oddrock what his thinking is on where to dig, because I wanted both your/his thoughts on it. I am wondering how both of you guys arrived at same ansewer.

When I was checking the rocks at different times of day, I was at the boot when that double face really stood out. Now I am wondering if the rock with faces becomes the North corner, the boot becomes East corner and the frog the South corner. Thanks Shortstack.

Now the bear with the "X" is between North and South corners or just inside the new triangle. The rock with the faces is about 30 ft or less from bear.

I am guessing bent tree is 100yd from triangle.

This two pictures show rocks behind bear.

Attachments

• Camping 2011 038.jpg
    Camping 2011 038.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 319
  • Camping 2011 039.jpg
    Camping 2011 039.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 334

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P Y P:
In the second photo, there's a pig (or man) with his mouth W I D E opened and there's a large profile to the left that is looking to the right. Also, there's a smaller face low in the center that is also looking to the right. According to some folks with waaaaay YONDER more knowledge say that opened mouths mean "mine" or shaft.

Camping 2011 039.jpg

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mario,
You have two opposing trails here.
One is an inbound or mine (hacienda) type trail.
the other is an outbound or trail out.

The reason for the two faced marker is to show that they cross.
one trail will have face and head markers all the way along it and will move you farther away from where you really want to go.
the other will have few or no faces and head markers and will be sparsely marked comparably. The markers are going to show light under the pointer and will be mostly propped up slabs or large rocks with a hoyo showing.
These will be inter spaced with ground markers that will keep you on track, the larger propped markers will be confirmed with a "V" for the most part. and may be as far apart as 1,000 to 1,500 Spanish feet.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Faces on rock showed only at right time of day. With out the light at the correct time, faces disappeared.

When I first noticed the rocks while camping there, I drove at night and did not see the mine sign.

1. 015, 016 are behind the bear.
2. 022, 051. This pile of rocks ignored at first, because they seemed to have been piled there by heavy equipment. Then I noticed the dog and later I went back and a shadow black dog.... maybe.
3. Some kind of mating rocks, West of bear. Bear is in background.

Thanks amigos.

Attachments

• Camping 2011 051.jpg
    Camping 2011 051.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Camping 2011 022.jpg
    Camping 2011 022.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 290
  • Camping 2011 016.jpg
    Camping 2011 016.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 302
  • Camping 2011 015.jpg
    Camping 2011 015.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 305
  • Camping 2011 050.jpg
    Camping 2011 050.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Mating rocks Camping 2011 020.jpg
    Mating rocks Camping 2011 020.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 299

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PYP:
That sure adds a new wrinkle to the situation, doesn't it? Trying to figure out which rocks might have been "slapped" around by mining equipment, and which ones weren't. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread