I took the plunge, etrac should be here tomorrow

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe I just spent that much on a metal detector! I just placed my order for a brand new Minelab E-Trac a few minutes ago and elected for the next day shipping so my impatient self could have it tomorrow. Should be a nice upgrade from my Titan 2000xd that broke recently any how. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what all the hype is about.......

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Congrats Ryan! Bummer about the Titan. It served you well! You will enjoy the Minelab though! Good luck and we'll have to get together soon!

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cam9457 said:
I can't believe I just spent that much on a metal detector! I just placed my order for a brand new Minelab E-Trac a few minutes ago and elected for the next day shipping so my impatient self could have it tomorrow. Should be a nice upgrade from my Titan 2000xd that broke recently any how. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what all the hype is about.......

I AM JEALOUS !!!!!!!!!

Maybe someday I'll be able to get one.... That is a HUGE maybe!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cam9457 said:
I just hope it's not all hype
Cam...we will be waiting for you to take it out and give it a whirl. Heard it was a fantastic machine....Wonder how long it will take for my clad to add up..hmm..Again, Congrats on your new detector.

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christmas morning

Attachments

• IMAG0001_1.jpg
    IMAG0001_1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 320
  • IMAG0002_1.jpg
    IMAG0002_1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMAG0003_1.jpg
    IMAG0003_1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMAG0004_1.jpg
    IMAG0004_1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMAG0006_1.jpg
    IMAG0006_1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 303
  • IMAG0007_1.jpg
    IMAG0007_1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMAG0008_1.jpg
    IMAG0008_1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 300
  • IMAG0009_1.jpg
    IMAG0009_1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMAG0010_1.jpg
    IMAG0010_1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 308

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cam9457 said:
Christmas morning

I wish my Christmas morning would have that under the tree. Not a chance it will happen though :-[

Let us know how it's maiden voyage goes.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Well I guess he is out hunting, or loading to his PC. I just got one too and it goes pretty deep. You will like it!

Dale

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
happy hunting with your new "toy"!! can't wait to see your finds.

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had a chance to get it out in the field just yet but played around with it a little in the house and it seems like it will exceed my expectations by far! The pinpointing feature is sooooooo acurate! I will get it out in the field this weekend for sure! I'll post my finds as soon as I get them

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've had the machine for a few months now. It was a fairly long learning curve for me but I really think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. I really like the digital readout and the backlit display for when the it starts to get dark. I have been incredibly impressed by the depth I get from it. The pinpoint feature is almost insanely accurate even at depths of around a foot! Recently myself and another md buddy hit a property that dates back to the 1640's. We have POUNDED this place before, so when my buddy said he wanted to try it again I really felt like we would be wasting time. We had been hunting this property for months and it had produced 12 or 13 coppers all together but nothing recently. This was my first time back to this property with the E-TRAC. It was kinda slow at first, I should mention that this property is only about 2 acres of which only about 1.5 is huntable. About an hour into the hunt I got a really nice flutey sound in my headphones, the display numbers were 12-44(usually a coin), and the depth gauge was almost bottomed out. After a lot of very careful digging down to about foot out popped another half cent! My oldest coin yet!
My point in telling that story is that myself and a few other md buddies had gone right over this coin time and time again. We all missed it until I passed over it with the E-TRAC. I really do like my new machine. Definetly not a machine for the beginer. The only issue I've had with it is glare on days when the sun is out. If it's a sunny day it can be difficult to see the screen.
Just thought I'd give everyone an update. Any questions please just ask. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread