I Was Enlightened This Evening

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I sit, like many days and evenings, reading the posts, particularly "Today's Finds". I like to post on all finds (especially those in the US) and provide supportive comments to others on the fruits of their passion. Tonight I noticed that some of our fellow Tnet members only post their digs and never comment on others. If you are one of those selfish members, do not expect more than a like from me going forward. No sense in me investing time commenting on your finds if you are not willing to put some time into giving some supporting comments to others. JMHO

My time is just as precious to me as your's is to you. 8-)

GL & HH

Upvote 40

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[/QUOTE]When it comes to pasting a post, to me it's far better than no posts. It shows that they've read and are acknowledging your post.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying the guy who pastes "Great finds, thanks for sharing" on every thread posted in the Today's Finds section is sincerely reading the posting? I contend they're leaving mass comments in an attempt to bolster their numbers and probably don't read 95% of the threads upon which they're posting.

I would rather have someone comment every now and then when they see a post that touches them and their comments are genuine, original, and sincere.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Perses

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites TRX bullseye Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, thanks for sharing

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I couldn't resist being facetious. I am actually pleasantly surprised that the number and the quality of the responses to this thread. I have definitely been keeping up and have read every post.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, good one too!

Guess I'm sorry I voiced my opinion.

A few recent threads in which I've tried to say what's on my mind and some members I've previously respected either get mad at me or make a joke out of it.

no disrespect brother.was just trying to make a funny.I am someone who posts emojis at times.but I actually mean what it conveys.never considered it as less than acceptable or bothersome to any.duly noted.

:occasion14:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting thread with some good points made. I think this thread is bound to raise some hackles, but LD you're very kind to even hit the "like" button on posters like you mention--I won't even extend them that courtesy. Another pet peeve of mine is a relatively small group of some longer-time members here who have never yet commented on any of my threads, though for the most part I find people here pretty supportive and the current group pretty friendly. I too see little value in comments like "Nice finds, thanks for sharing" etc.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belong to numerous forums on various subjects this is the only treasure hunting forum that I use however. This is really a great community people here are more friendly than any forum I have ever seen. This is the first forum of any kind I have ever belonged to. It was not until I went to other forums and realized how mean and vicious and critical people were of each other . I truly appreciate this one. There is the occasional pissing contest here but its mild compared to things I have seen. I never understood why the moderators were so strict on posting in the correct forums until I have seen other forums descend into total chaos in the form of utterly random subjects clogging up the categories to the point where you can not even find what you're looking for. And I'll leave you guys with this, this is directed at the OP it's clear to me that you are passionate about this and that you're well meaning. But the simple fact is this place is made up of an extremely diverse group of people from all walks of life you cannot judge a person by the number of likes they give out. Some people don't even know what that means. Some people have so little time all they can do is occasionally share something they found. In other words I guess you never really know what someones situation is that's why I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cookie cutter responses on anyone's threads bothers me. I try to add something to threads when I can, but this forum is just as busy as I am! So many quality finds, so many sub forums...I end up spending hours just reading. I love this place and the people here...very knowledgeable crew. Will work harder to post more on peoples threads. I hope I'm not one of the ones on your **** list ;)

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And I'll leave you guys with this, this is directed at the OP it's clear to me that you are passionate about this and that you're well meaning. But the simple fact is this place is made up of an extremely diverse group of people from all walks of life you cannot judge a person by the number of likes they give out. Some people don't even know what that means. Some people have so little time all I can do is occasionally share something they found. In other words I guess you never really know what someones situation is that's why I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Wisest words in the thread, thanks for sharing relic lover.

There was also a comment where someone was disgruntled because 'long-term' members had never commented on their threads. This kind of tickles my funny bone because I have never stopped to ponder: "which member is going to respond?!, I hope I finally get a response from Joe Hero Member!" heheh

Laughing at "finding" information too. heheh, good stuff.

All in fun, still enjoying the replies.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was also a comment where someone was disgruntled because 'long-term' members had never commented on their threads. This kind of tickles my funny bone because I have never stopped to ponder: "which member is going to respond?!, I hope I finally get a response from Joe Hero Member!" heheh

Yeah that was me. And no it's not like you are putting it--its just you slowly become aware over the years of who takes the time to respond every now and then to a thread or have some value added and who simply can't be bothered, but loves to show off their latest "wonderful" finds. It's more of an arrogance with some I believe, but in the grand scheme of things is wholly irrelevant.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I guess if nobody posted their finds there would be nothing to read or comment on. So it's a double edge sword of sorts. How does that old saying go? Those who can do, and those who cannot teach? Here I guess it would be those who find post, those that don't comment. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I guess if nobody posted their finds there would be nothing to read or comment on. So it's a double edge sword of sorts. How does that old saying go? Those who can do, and those who cannot teach? Here I guess it would be those who find post, those that don't comment. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

there may be some truth to that, but those who can't find goodies should continue going to the threads to better their skills as well as commenting on finds. I must, from what I read and view on Tnet, admit that there are about 100 members (give or take a few) that post finds and also post on others religiously. Kudos to them. They are the core group of active members that continue to add value to this community and forum. Without such a good committed core this would not be as popular of a site that it is. I strive to be a member of that core in the forums that interest me.

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well said LD.

I am like you, check my stats... been on about 18 months... lots of posts and likes. I try to participate in this community, and I sincerely appreciate and respect those others Tnetters that do the same. I have meet a few face to face (some of the best people that I have ever met), as well as carrying on with many on an online only basis. I really enjoy the whole scene.

Not everyone is like you and I. Some people are not comfortable putting themselves out there like that, for one reason or another.

I will admit that ignore the posts of people that never "like" my comments or comment on my stuff.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't be afraid to put some humor in them. I enjoy a good laugh and have read some posts that make me explode with laughter.

I always try to inject a little passive-aggressive, sarcastic wit or juvenile humor into my posts, for everyone's entertainment and/or confusion. Sub 8-)

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like I am pretty specific about what I like. If I like a post or a find, I really do like it. If I don't comment on something I like, then it's because I can't formulate what to say about it. That's just being honest. I am really kind of a quiet-like person anyway, I'm kind of shy, and don't really say much, but when I feel like I need to say something, you had better believe it is honest and from the heart. I'll admit that I am not a fan of cookie cutter comments, or just an emoji, but I also don't let it bother me to much if that's all I get(and I have, lol). The only thing that really bothers me I have to say, is when I ask for input on something and get either : 1) no response, or 2) very derogatory responses, i.e. "your find is nothing special" (Although the moderators do ALOT to keep this from happening, Thank you!) I'm actually working on not letting that bother me as well. :laughing7: Last of all, Thanks to all who have been so friendly and helpful when I have asked about something!(You know who you are) All in all, an interesting subject....

Perses

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites TRX bullseye Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ill comment/like finds or posts that I find interesting or enjoy reading. Couldnt care less if the person is interactive, doesnt change a thing. There are bigger and better problems to worry about, such as; where will I be digging next? Is it ok to dig up a cemetery? How often I should do that and how deep should I dig? Does wrapping my machine in tin foil help me achieve greater depth and particle separation?

Seriously though, who cares bro, let them do whatever, you do what you gotta do.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is it ok to dig up a cemetery?

I'll bet this subject gets the most community involvement, hands down. Everybody and their mother posts up their 2¢ on this one!

~Tejaas~

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like interacting with the T Net members but I'm having internet access problems at the present time.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet this subject gets the most community involvement, hands down. Everybody and their mother posts up their 2¢ on this one!

~Tejaas~

I hate partial quotes! I think what he meant is this is an important subject. This is what the media does to get people of track. Maybe I'm wrong, but you should hear everything I or they say before you judge me or them. Not a partial quote.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate partial quotes! I think what he meant is this is an important subject. This is what the media does to get people of track. Maybe I'm wrong, but you should hear everything I or they say before you judge me or them. Not a partial quote.

I think you 100% misinterpreted my post.

This thread is about community involvement and discussion, and i pointed out (intended as a joke) that everyone jumps in on a controversial topic such as 'cemetery digging'... There will never be a lack of community involvement in anything controversial as we have all seen here on TNET.

~Tejaas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread