I was ONE short of a GOOD goal for 2010 ... so I

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
actually went bank hopping today on New Year's Eve. man, the banks were full of people. I guess since they are closed tomorrow, plus it is Friday, plus it is the end of the month, plus the people getting paid on the fisst of the month got theirs today. So all that, and the banks had LINES.

But I had 299 40% silvers for the year, and wanted 300 (or more!). I went to 12 banks. Got lots of halves (more than normal), including one guy's dumps at three banks. (He puts 3 halves in one direction and the rest in the other direction, all the time. Always that way. that's how i know it is him. PLus there were large amounts at each of the three banks, so I knew it was him dumping. I took them anyway, as I always do. I want to be known as the guy that takes all halves. this way many times they SAVE them for me. even if he has been there, I get some fresh ones and some success. he never asks for loose halves where he dumps. So I get them, along with his.

After all that? I got ONE 1965. But, that put me at 300 for the year, so I hit the goal. I also got one silver dime today in the effort. I always go in and ask for $20 nickels, $50 dimes, and $30 quarters ($100 total) plus any loose halves they have. It makes me feel better than just asking for halves. And they think better of me too. So I get all the other coins, work them, and also work the halves I get. I didn't order any boxes today (See my next post!) but one of the losse rolls had one silver, so I hit 300 for the year in the 40% silvers.

Felt good.

Now on to next year - where i'll continue to get loose rolls, but stop most of my boxes. I'll write why next.

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on reaching your goal! Happy New Year!

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Way to go in reaching your goal. Must be exciting for you to know that you have "made the grade" for 2010. May 2011 be an excellent year for you out there. I always enjoy reading your posts and you have the best attitude on this forum. You never get down...you just keep on plugging. That's my belief as well.
All the best
rileyboy

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great last minute score to reach your annual goal!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread