I Will Prove to the World That My LRL Works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I have one great question, We had 2 strong hits on 50 oz of silver just before a rain storm and we had to pack it up. When we returned the next day to the same spots and the sun was out we got nothing. Is this possible. The ground was dry on the first day but the owner of the LRL said it was the pressure in the air before it rained that gave us the false readings . I am going back to the site and try it out with other equipment to make sure before I give up. Does the air pressure have anything to do with the LRL readings ??????

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was a time when I did not believe in Long Range Locators, Microwaves Ovens or Cell Phones but the time comes when we have to check out everything on the market to get results. I seen them work and I have had them at several of our sites and if done right they are great. Its just like anything else out there if the owner can't run it then he blaims the unit. We are doing a TV show in Nova Scotia Oct. 2012 with the History Channel and Scott Wolters and we are going after the Templar Treasure. We will have 2 LRL on site with 2 GPL's and Ground Radar. The LRL is first on site and I have seen it locate things and I still don't know how it works but I would never leave home with out it.
Keeper, you failed to distinguish which worked great at the site... the LRL's, microwaves, or cell phones. TTC

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I have one great question, We had 2 strong hits on 50 oz of silver just before a rain storm and we had to pack it up. When we returned the next day to the same spots and the sun was out we got nothing. Is this possible. The ground was dry on the first day but the owner of the LRL said it was the pressure in the air before it rained that gave us the false readings . I am going back to the site and try it out with other equipment to make sure before I give up. Does the air pressure have anything to do with the LRL readings ??????

There are many variables. Here's my take on air pressure: When air pressure decreases, whatever gasses that are in the soil expand and some of this is pushed out the soil surface. Is this cloud of ions what is detectable with an LRL?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen that show they didn't find squat.
There was a time when I did not believe in Long Range Locators, Microwaves Ovens or Cell Phones but the time comes when we have to check out everything on the market to get results. I seen them work and I have had them at several of our sites and if done right they are great. Its just like anything else out there if the owner can't run it then he blaims the unit. We are doing a TV show in Nova Scotia Oct. 2012 with the History Channel and Scott Wolters and we are going after the Templar Treasure. We will have 2 LRL on site with 2 GPL's and Ground Radar. The LRL is first on site and I have seen it locate things and I still don't know how it works but I would never leave home with out it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The LRL is first on site and I have seen it locate things and I still don't know how it works but I would never leave home with out it.
Real hard to understand....Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point I am making here is there are many variables especially near thunderstorms. Typically before the storm the positive ions increase in number and after the storm the negative ions are more plentiful. Just from my own experience, if I get a hit and can't find the target I sometimes come back and try again especially when I know I was feeling the target. It's not always where you think it is supposed to be. I've got good hits only to find I was just at the half-way point down the signal line. I like to think of the signal line as a vibrating string. There are these node points along the string where the string appears to be stationary. It is easy to hit one of these and think you are on the target.

What type of equipment was used here?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had 3 LRL on site and I am not sure what one they used. They are made by Fitzgerald and I called him and he is out of the country this week. I went back to the site this week with a GPL and tried to track down the silver but there is just to much brush, thorns, bugs, snakes, you name it its their. We spent hours trying to get the GPL's 125' wires out and that sucked. No place for a 2 box or any hand held detector. We are tracking a cave or tunnel but to find the opening would have to wait until fall. The LRL did hit strong on silver and we will return and try again. Thank You

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's more of my take: There are many factors and it's difficult to single out just one as the main cause for problems. Personally, the emotional state of the operator rates very high on my list. You must detach yourself emotionally from the search. It's all too easy to try and get or force a response from the rods. Assuming you are past this stage and you get repeatable signal line that you can pinpoint the spot from a couple different directions, get out some brush cutters and a good deep pulse induction detector with a large coil.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a few questions.

If I have an LRL detector, wouldn't it keep pointing towards banks and jewelry stores? Or does it have some form of surface discrimination mode?

How could it ever be used within a couple of hundred miles of Ft. Knox, without being overwhelmed by the gold there?

There is a huge amount of precious metals stored in numerous locations around the country, why wouldn't it keep pointing towards those deposits?

When Odyssey Marine brings up the massive silver finds from the sea floor, and then stores it in a secret location in Florida, wouldn't an LRL reveal the secret location?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
No they will not pick up gold at a few hundred miles....All these devices have a different detection distance and depths......I have units that have ranges of ¼ mile to 8 miles with depths of 20 feet to 100 feet.....Art

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
No they will not pick up gold at a few hundred miles....All these devices have a different detection distance and depths......I have units that have ranges of ¼ mile to 8 miles with depths of 20 feet to 100 feet.....Art

Well, I can pretty much be well within that range for the banks and jewelry stores... so how does it discriminate out those locations?

There is supposed to be some buried treasure along the coast of Florida, and it would be hard to be more than a mile away from several banks at one time. How does that work?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.I.B. I guess you have to have the right kind of wrinkles in your Aluminum hat. I played with these years ago an never saw anyone make any money except the sellers.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman, I'm confident... okay, maybe not confident, let's say hopeful, that aarthrj3811 will be able to give me a clear well constructed understandable answer to my question.

I would like to know how the discrimination works because there is some serious money just off the beach buried not to awful deep...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Real simple....You know where the banks are located....You do not follow signals that go there...The same goes for anyplace that you know may have gold or silver in them...Art

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think its only important for you to know that your LRL works. If you are finding treasure then its working. Since most people who TH are smart enough not to post pics of their significant finds there is no way to make believers out of non believers anyway. The more non believers the less competition anyway. 8-)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Real simple....You know where the banks are located....You do not follow signals that go there...The same goes for anyplace that you know may have gold or silver in them...Art

I guess that's what I don't understand...

If you have a signal, don't you have to follow it to see what the source is? If the signal is pointing up the beach, and you know a bank is that way too, if you ignore the signal, you miss the treasure. But if you follow every signal, you will be going to all the banks, lot's of jewelry stores, shopping centers, people houses with safe's with large amounts of valuables and on and on and on.

The treasure is at the beach, we are all sure of that, but all the condo's, banks, business's, shops and stores with large amounts of precious metals are scattered about in the same area.

How do you tell the difference?

With my detector, I get some signal difference which gives me a pretty good idea of what is below.

With LRL, how do you tune out all of the above?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
G,I.B.
If you have a signal, don't you have to follow it to see what the source is? If the signal is pointing up the beach, and you know a bank is that way too, if you ignore the signal, you miss the treasure. But if you follow every signal, you will be going to all the banks, lot's of jewelry stores, shopping centers, people houses with safe's with large amounts of valuables and on and on and on.
If you have a signal you have to decide which signal to follow....If your device has a range of under a ½ mile it makes those decisions easier.....The more distance it has the more signals can be found......I have had 50 signals marked in one spot in the gold fields in California....I now set mine for the distance I am willing to walk that day...I pick the depth that I am willing to dig and the size of the target....Works every time...ART

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread