-GC

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Re: Iceberg Contest - the Iceberg gives back

post-hunt pictures are up on Today's Finds-You can edit your existing guess before the cutoff!!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

That waskly wilver always ewods me, ;D, O.k. my guess 129 wheats and 27 meworials,

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

I think you dudes killed the Berg today! :D Are you finding coins in the same areas you have hit before?

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

47 wheats 3 memorials

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

KirkPA said:
I think you dudes killed the Berg today! :D Are you finding coins in the same areas you have hit before?
Kirk,
The area we hunted today is kinda a whole new spot there for us...it's along the trail going through the dense brush towards the older larger trees further back in. We're pretty sure now there's more there ;)

Jill in Ohio

Apr 17, 2007
North Olmsted, Ohio!!!!

Tehe, it's cool to be Nate's best friend! Unfortunately i think that kinda excludes me from guessing...oh well, i wouldnt have gotten that close anyways! sweet idea though!

everyone's best friend,
Jill

p.s. you know, if I would have gone, i bet the number would be bigger!! just kidding!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Looks like a great day to me!!

93 - wheats
28 - mems

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

You dudes definitely are cleaning house. I can bet there is more wilver at the Berg. :D Dan, how do you like the DFX?

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

KirkPA said:
You dudes definitely are cleaning house. I can bet there is more wilver at the Berg. :D Dan, how do you like the DFX?

Love my DFX. I run that sucker so damn hot that it sounds like a flock of geese if a mosquito filled with iron-rich blood flies by!

Really-I do usually crank that mother way up, and have learned to listen for the right tones. Just like with my ACE, I do a LOT of hunting in DC phase (pinpoint mode) and flick the trigger back to AC Discrim only when a target has been aquired to get an ID. This way I don't go insane with listening to the constant cacophany of tones it sings when opened up. Besides, in DC it punches much deeper and gives a better sense of when a target is deeper. If I switch back to discrim after target aquisition and get no repeated tone or VDI, I scrape a layer of soil away and usually that's enough for a decent ID.
Can't use this technique when hunting lawns obviously, but most of our hunting is in older wooded areas.

Still wouldn't mind having an EX SE to play around with. I am well aware of their capabilities, but the weight and unbalanced nature doesn't appeal to me. The DFX really is balanced well and I can hunt a long time with her (yes...it's a she).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread