If Walls Could Talk

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stgauden's post about a cache reminded me of a show I watched last night, "If Walls Could Talk" on Home and Garden Television (HGTV). Each episode interviews the owners of old houses and they talk about their restoration efforts and the items they find during the restoration. They usually find letters and such and try to piece together a history of the house.

One house from last night's episode was an 1865 house here in Alabama (I think it was in Greenville). During restoration a worker found a box with what looked like snuff tins filled with coins. I recognized Morgan Dollars, Walkers and Mercury dimes. They said the estimated value was about $3,000 which I'm sure takes into account the numismatic value.

If I had been the one to find the box I believe I would have had a heart attack. It was awesome to see a box filled with old silver. If you guys haven't watched this show check it out. They always find something interesting.

Kent

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to watch it all the time. unfortunately, I Missed it last night. show is on weekday afternoons? at 5:00.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of it. Sounds cool tho and i will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up 8)

L

lookstwice

i worked with a guy who put money behind the crown moulding while trimming a house; he put a $50 dollar bill in a 10,000 sq ft house we were working on...said he usually put a $20 and that he usually did't tell anybody...always put in the top floor in a room facing east

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread