IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME FOR 1 YEAR?

TheHarleyMan2 said:
Hey Siegfried, Just about every bookie back in them days worked for the mobs didn't they? They would be wondering why you are winning so much and them not wanting to part with SO MUCH money you won! ;D ;D

Mafia weren't very organized in 1909. Mainly it was home grown crooks and a few Irish in the really big towns. I wouldn't go through the same bookie for each bet. I'd double first on the really small ones then work my way up the food chain. When I got to really big money i could split the bet and make it with more than one bookie. Whichever one I liked the most would be offered the deal with the sports record book. Maybe simplest to deal with the youngest one or the one who had a son who would still be alive when i came by for my share. I could also just have them place my share in a safe deposit box under a corporate name and be able to get it without them knowing who i am. Since the book records would obviously stop before I took the money out the deposits would also stop. Or I could take a 2009 book back with me and return to very early 2009. That money would be over and above what the coins would be worth. siegfried schlagrule

I would go back to the 1700s and work and collect coins, and not use them, keeping them in excellent condition. I would then become a millionaire in this time.

I'd go back to 1945 and tell my Dad to follow his dream and buy that "worthless" 120 acres on the Palos Verdes peninsular instead of that "sure thing" Die Casting plant in Watts. The rest of the year I would collect and relocate every major treasure find I ever read about from between then and now.

I think i would probably go back to when Grandpa's cancer came back. There were a lot of things we talked about doing that he put off because he thought he would wait and do them when he felt better. I would like to go do those things with him while he still could and remind him what an incredible difference he made to so many people.

TheHarleyMan2 said:
Huck Mucus said:
Kansas

75,000 B.C.

No one.

I would hunt Pleistocene Megafauna, primarily Bison latifrons.

You might end up getting eaten by some and never be able to make it back! :o

Giant bison were almost assuredly vegetarian....... wouldn't get eaten, just be careful not to get trampled...... :wink:

Although I don't believe the world had been created yet (77,009 years ago), but that's another issue altogether......

I would go back to when I was joining the service .

I would see myself and do my best to convince me not to go.

If I was still of a mind to go I would kick my butt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back