Ikes, and Halves ????

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, I have a question on ordering boxes of coins...Do you go to the main branch, and just ask them to order you boxes of halves from the fed????

Also is it possible to get rolls of "Ikes" still....????

What is the best way to get, and get rid of your keepers, and your rejects??? Do you have more than one bank account...??? Alot of banks I go to in my area will not give me boxes of coins unless I have an account with them....Thanks for the answers, Tom

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I don't know about the Ikes.
When I started I went to the main branch (down town) hoping to find some laid up in the vault- no such luck but they were happy to order a box for me. That bank uses Brinks and Brinks rolls their own stuff. Since then I openned an account at a CU with lots of branches, they use Loomis and Loomis gets their halves from the FED. Also need an account with a dump bank, mine has a coin counter in the lobby that is free to members- make sure it counts halves before openning account. Also nice if the dump bank has multiple branches as the more you search the more ya gotta dump. Hope this helps, HH Mark

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to order Ikes from my main Chase branch, they said they cannot do it.

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone.....Tom

Top Member Reactions