Im back from Russia - highlights

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
I'm back from Russia - highlights

In order to continue to live legally in Germany I had to travel a bit (about 11 000 km) to Far East of Russia.

Not much history in that place, modern settlements started to grow only 140 years ago, so that I just had a fun on thr beaches which are very nice for detecting.

beach1.jpg

My first 20 minute hunt. Buckle is from USSR time, young children were called "pioneers" and had uniform with burning star.

2006-08-18.jpg

Another beach - 30 minutes, coins only.

2006-08-22.jpg

The first and the last attempt to detect in the forest. After 30 minutes moskitoes pressed me out of the forest, found some USSR money - 34 kopeks, it was about 50 US cents at that time.

2006-08-23.jpg

Another 30 minute beach hunt - not very interesting stuff_ again modern Russia

2006-08-24.jpg

Finally I decided to hunt a bit longer, this is result of 2 hours. About 90 coins, silver cross and gold wedding ring - my fist gold at all.

2006-09-04.jpg

After that hunt I decided the searching program is completed and switched to another activity. Fishing was my main hobby before MD'ing. This is not real fish, but we catch squids like fish during nights.

DSCF3835.jpg

Thanks for viewing and HH
Sand

Upvote 0

aarremaanalla

Feb 12, 2006
Re: I'm back from Russia - highlights

Great finds, nice amount of coins :D.
Nice pics too! What was the oldest coin you found?

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II

AarreMaanAlla said:
What was the oldest coin you found?

The oldest was 1961, not old, but this holidays I did not plan to visit places where it is possible to find older stuff. Next time there I will visit destroyed in 1920s village of my grandfather_ and it will be more interesting. I am thinking of searching for some medals of father of my grandfather which he put in the walls of his house...

fc3003

May 23, 2005
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
DFX

nice finds ,,I like the photos too ,, interesting posting thanks for sharing .

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OHHH! :o It's looking at me Sand! :D

Looks like you had a good trip!
Congrats on those finds, and really like that cross!

Nana :)

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany

Congrats and welcome back Sand. Man, you really found allot! I hit a lake today but the trash was just overwhelming and I decided to go to a field instead. Only a couple of buttons. What is your secret to hunting those populated areas as I always find lots of trash there? The coins hit in the same range as junk in Germany, although not usually as wide in all metal or pinpoint mode.
Keep the pics coming,
Albert

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you for the post. I wish we had something that would bring the world together as friends like our detecting does with our detecting friends. Good luck in finding your grandfather's medals.
Burdie

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Sand, glad you are back! Congrats on the first gold, it is always a thrill to find, first gold coin is hard to describe! Nice pictures you posted and good to hear you had a great vacation. I have found the average for us this past month, but always interesting and a few silver coins. HH, Mike

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany

cool finds! That squid looks kind of pissed off :D He would be the first one to go into my belly thats for sure lol. Happy hunting!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

KALAMARI...Good stuff!!...I don't know which one is better Sand.The gold and silver or the squid.Both are excellent "find's".....Look's like you had a great time though...Congrat's and HH!!

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After that hunt I decided the searching program is completed and switched to another activity. Fishing was my main hobby before MD'ing. This is not real fish, but we catch squids like fish during nights.

Wow, Sand. That ring is beautiful and so is the Squid. I never knew they had such bright iridescent colors. Thanks for sharing. :)
I'm new by the way. ::::waving to everyone::: I'm Melissa, and I bet you all can't guess where I'm from. ;)

HH

M

mchamby

Congrads on the gold, looks like it was a very nice day all around. My brother in RI likes catching squid but I think they use it for bait. Good luck when you go back to find the medals.
HH
Mchamby

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006

главнаянаходка безусловно это пряжка от пионерского ремня! :) икруто поел? монетки тамна пляже иностранные не идутчтоли ? чтото я смотрю тольконаши тугрики.....

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006

Sand said:
AarreMaanAlla said:
What was the oldest coin you found?

The oldest was 1961, not old, but this holidays I did not plan to visit places where it is possible to find older stuff. Next time there I will visit destroyed in 1920s village of my grandfather_ and it will be more interesting. I am thinking of searching for some medals of father of my grandfather which he put in the walls of his house...

а что дома еще остались? дед беляк чтоли был :) ?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1 said:
KALAMARI...Good stuff!!...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread