I'm screaming at my computer! AAAAAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggg!!!!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WARNING!!!! The following Rant may be offensive; crude; insensitive; repulsive; uneducated; narrow minded;overbearing; heartless; and tasteless to some forum members. :skullflag:
There are a lot of clowns on Youtube and Facebook. Bearded bone heads talking to the camera while walking through the woods; Creative rednecks “broadcasting” from their “Don’t Tread on Me” flag festooned man caves; and “Live digs” by guys explaining for ten-minutes how they just dug a zincoln at three-inches. Let’s not forget all those “unboxing” videos! How in gawd’s name would we ever get our detectors out of their boxes without these edge-of-our-seat videos?

Nail tests; recovery speed tests; depth tests; air tests; setting tests; comparison tests – All of these videos are “testing” my patience! Many times, the elaborate opening graphics are the best part of the video. You would think some of these guys work in a Hollywood studio! Special effects, drone shots, stabilized camera platforms, simply amazing.

Take a close look at some of the top “personalities” out there doing videos, vlogs, blogs, and internet radio shows on metal detecting. Is it any wonder most folks turn up their nose when you say you’re a metal detectorist? Would you invite most of these folks to your home? Let them date your daughter? Let them mow your grass?

Oh yes, I’m one of these losers! Another white, overweight AARP member, who knows-it-all and bloviates with the best of them. However, I am smart enough to know I have a face for radio, and understand folks want me to get straight to the point when I make my vids, not mystify them with my wit, brilliance, and contemplative close up face shots. Huge sigh. I feel much, much, better now. Guess I’ll go see what Diggin Britt is up to. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess I’ll go see what Diggin Britt is up to. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I stumbled into several of her videos..... Didn't learn a danged thing from her except her almost fully displayed physical assets. Her channel is for teen aged boys.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeepseekerADS I get that. What are the overweight, middle aged guys trying to attract?:laughing7:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man have I swatted the hornet's nest with my "humorous" outburst. Facebook is looking for me with torches and pitchforks as I type this. My crime? I am "jealous" of others "fame" in the world of metal detecting. The American Metal Detectorists & Relic Recoverists group actually pulled my posts! Guess I hit a nerve - or three. :laughing7:

Terry, people HATE the truth. Keep speaking it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sprailroad, you DON'T want to remember that. Digger460, I find toys all the time at the beach, the little herd following me does very, very well most days. (They of course get the toys, I'm tired of dragging the toys out of there.)

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" And I (gasp) really, really, really think SOME of the coins are PLANTS for the camera (GASP)!"

What? Surely you jest Smokey!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
DeepseekerADS I get that. What are the overweight, middle aged guys trying to attract?:laughing7:

Everybody wants to be somebody.... Really we need to be as anonymous as possible! Good gracious NO social media - with the exception of TNet :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jest! Me! Ar har! Bring on the (insert whatever you want here!) Plants! PLANTS? PLANTS FOR THE CAMERA AND THE LOW SELF ESTEEM FOLKS!

NEVAH!

Oh yeah, lots of the videos are pure horse fun stuff. And how come hunter #1, only finds (insert type of item here). And hunter #2 only finds (insert type of item here). Anybody can buy some items, throw them in the dirt a few minutes and then lie their rears off and go into hysterics over what they found for some goofy publicity. I especially liked the one video where the digger pulled out clean buffalo nickels and early Lincolns. Priceless. Or the one where they only get one KIND of item. Right.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TS your rants and posts make all of us know your too stressed and very lonely. Really? There are kids dying out there for Gods sake. You are trying to be the NOX fanboy and we are all sitting here and Laughing. Hahaha.

This is super fun.. cant wait for your response. :)

Gary from Oregon

Hey Gary, Not sure what dying children have to do with this thread. Smoke a bit more and take a nap.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeepseekerADS, you nailed it. Being anonymous is good most days. Too many crooks out there. If you want to see some fun videos check out "porch thieves" on youtube. Another good reason to being anonymous.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TS your rants and posts make all of us know your too stressed and very lonely. Really? There are kids dying out there for Gods sake. You are trying to be the NOX fanboy and we are all sitting here and Laughing. Hahaha.

This is super fun.. cant wait for your response. :)

Gary from Oregon

Other than this one, I do not feel that your comment deserves any other response.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AJLlDp1ylJEFm2eASdCR1RJxYFlh6nNMS47k33TZ3Q=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no.jpg

Sick-nesssss!!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What's "Diggin Britt" up to?About 220, 51/2 feet tall with a rack you could sit 2 mugs of beer on and never spill a drop.:laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry! Nap time for you! Never mind, yup, unless you look like THAT you'll never be a REAL youtube star! Actually I hadn't seen her videos before (and I didn't bother with this one either.)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halfstep, you are correct, but we knew that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread