D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
So i go to BoA today

Me: Do you have any halves?

Teller: No, sorry, we gave out our last box yesterday

Me: do you guys at least have any boxes of dimes that i may buy?

[Teller stares at me]

Teller: I'm sorry, but i can't give them to you.

Me: why?

Teller: Well, your a kid, and i don't think kids should be going to banks asking for coins...

Me: *FYI im 14 and in HS*

Teller: IDC i need your parent to be present

* Even if i brought my mom she was gonna fee me. Is this Hatred towards teens?
WTH??????

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whiteslate

Aug 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn kids, taking all our silver! Go play some video games, please. :laughing7:

I think hew was making a joke... but yes I am 16 and work 30 hours a week make almost 20k a year have paid vacation my on dental heath and vision policys as well ass my own health ins. I also am skiping my junior year of high school and graduating in 3 years not 4 and coin roll hunt and collect coins as well as hang out with friends watch movies and play video games, to be honest I am not like a super proud person but I feel I am doing well and life, i am also a Cristian and a virgin and don't do any drugs or drink. I would consider my self a young adult who is almost capable of taking care of myself 100% not that I don't have support from my parents and a free room, and meals but if some stupid teller thinks shes going to tell me what I can and cant do i am going to explain that my (small) account and my parents (huge) accounts will be closed, my parents is mine, my sister, and my brothers college fund) so that's why its huge, were not rich at all, but still I would never take that junk, I would complain and talk to a suprivisor and the go get all my pennies 40000 and dump them that night 2 min before closing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i go to BoA today

Me: Do you have any halves?

Teller: No, sorry, we gave out our last box yesterday

Me: do you guys at least have any boxes of dimes that i may buy?

[Teller stares at me]

Teller: I'm sorry, but i can't give them to you.

Me: why?

Teller: Well, your a kid, and i don't think kids should be going to banks asking for coins...

Me: *FYI im 14 and in HS*

Teller: IDC i need your parent to be present

* Even if i brought my mom she was gonna fee me. Is this Hatred towards teens?
WTH??????

Sorry to read that D1MES_101, some Banks are really getting disgusting.
they act like it's their money. they work for the fed, IMO it's non of their buiseness
who wants what or why as long as they are paying & not robbing.

one question, probably asked above but maybe I missed it.
you said
* Even if i brought my mom she was gonna fee me.
am I Misunderstanding, Your Mom gonna charge you a fee Or the bank ?
I Hope your mom doesn't charge you :tongue3:
anyway good luck next time / next bank !

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a mean spirited person by nature. That being said, I would have called over the manager right then and there and give them the "Do you know who I am?" treatment. For example - yes I am 14 now, but I have money, I have an account and this account will probably be subject to fees throughout the years. I will not be 14 forever - I will get a job with bi weekly direct deposit, I will need to finance a vehicle, I may need to finance a wedding, a mortgage, personal loans, business loans, etc, etc. Then look directly at the teller and ask them, since they are soooo interested in your personal situation, how much they make being a teller and tell them that these future ventures that you may have financed throught the bank could have very well paid their salary, but now they will need to find a new customer to do that. All because you didnt want to sell a box of freaking dimes to a "kid".

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a few youngins these days still got the smarts and get up and go needed to be a bit of a legal money making "hustler" -- (very few ) so for gods sakes * don't hold em back

CWS

Jul 5, 2012
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think I should go back. My mom refuses to drive me anywhere so it's a 45 minute walk to boa ( not worth it)

I wouldn't say that. My friend would ride his bike to and from banks picking up coins. I think somewhere around $100 of pennies in his LLBean backpack and bicycle ride 8 miles to a bank with a counter turn around and buy up to 4 boxes for the return ride. I think his best was buying $600 in pennies (boxes) and biking around 60 miles all in one day. (he even got hit by a car once with 4 bank boxes in his pack, picked up his bike and rode on home - crazy right?).

A couple boxes on your back won't kill you just be careful with your back.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon man. There's a difference between kids, and mature young adults. A kid is someone who plays in the dirt, has nothing to worry about, a mature young adult is someone for example who CRH's, takes responsibility, and has things to manage and worry about. There's younger members on here, such as myself who do large volumes of over $500 a day, so we aren't really "kids" since we can responsibly handle these funds.

w00t, you have upgrade ur game from 50$ to 500$, congrats.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seriously sucks. Im 14 and although I get weird looks when asking for a bunch of money in change, they always give it to me once I explain that I collect coins. Good luck finding a new bank

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
What!!!! I called the bank and some lady picked up

Me: yes hi I would like to talk to a manager please I have an important issue

Her- I'm sorry but outr manager is unavailable at this time.

Me- well I would like to complain about one of the tellers [bleep bleep bleep]

Me: Hello? Hello? She hung up on me. She didn't even put it on hold!!!!!

WTH I'm just moving on there are over 20 banks within 10 minutes of where I live

YOLO

Last edited:

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why did you let her walk over you? you should have asked to speak with her supervisor. then showed the supervisor you had cash and needed change which she was refusing to give you. you gotta stand up for yourself man. don't just assume because they're a grown up they are in the right.

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fyi, you should be able to find the manager's contact info on the branch website somewhere. send them an email explaining what happened, that way she can't intercept the message like she did with your phone call.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the Eddie Cochran song: Summer Time Blues

I'm gonna take two weeks, gonna have a vacation
I'm gonna take my problem to the United Nation
Well I called my congressman and he said quote
"I'd like to help you son, but you're too young to vote"
Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do
'Cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I would go and buy $500 cents and then hand them to that teller and say, "I'm a customer just like anyone else, and you have to take them.". If they say no, say "Too bad take them and give me my cash. Now, you can give me some dimes or I can bring you $500 of cents to count every week.". And then put a huge grin on your face! :D

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah when your diggin up silver dimes :) Do you metal detect?
A friend of mine does, so I've gone with him a few times. Found some cool things, nothing of extreme value but still pretty fun and interesting.

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
i just don't want to deal with this bank at all.. i don't even care if she was disrespectful. Maybe her kid died or a divorce, i seriously don't care anymore. I'm just going to my favorite bank chase - where they save me coins and all the tellers like me :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions