D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
So i go to BoA today

Me: Do you have any halves?

Teller: No, sorry, we gave out our last box yesterday

Me: do you guys at least have any boxes of dimes that i may buy?

[Teller stares at me]

Teller: I'm sorry, but i can't give them to you.

Me: why?

Teller: Well, your a kid, and i don't think kids should be going to banks asking for coins...

Me: *FYI im 14 and in HS*

Teller: IDC i need your parent to be present

* Even if i brought my mom she was gonna fee me. Is this Hatred towards teens?
WTH??????

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I would go and buy $500 cents and then hand them to that teller and say, "I'm a customer just like anyone else, and you have to take them.". If they say no, say "Too bad take them and give me my cash. Now, you can give me some dimes or I can bring you $500 of cents to count every week.". And then put a huge grin on your face! :D

And again, there's that "entitled" attitude you guys love to share so very much!

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just don't want to deal with this bank at all.. i don't even care if she was disrespectful. Maybe her kid died or a divorce, i seriously don't care anymore. I'm just going to my favorite bank chase - where they save me coins and all the tellers like me :-)

On the other hand, yes, people are allowed to have bad days. But this kind of treatment should not be tolerated. Chase bank's tellers are AMAZING! They are all very happy to give me pretty much whatever I want and they don't seem like they hate their job and the world while they are doing it! Either they are treated well at their job and genuinely like what they are doing (you can't scare someone into loving their job), or find me amazingly charming and want to bend to my every whim. Whatever the root cause of their general happiness is, no matter, I greatly prefer Chase's tellers to any other bank / credit union, the fees on the other hand...

Silver89

Greenie
Apr 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a current teller at a chase while in college, I'll tell you that from my own experiences as well out of all the banks I CRH at, Im also treated the best at Chase. Of course its mostly in my opinion because as a branch we are heavily graded on our customer service through random telephone surveys and such, so much so its a weekly grade we get kind of thing, based on our quarterly average customer service score we as a branch earn a little bit of a bonus on our paycheck every 3 months or so. Of course if you really want to be on our good side just try and not bring us your dumps or ask for large box of coins around closing time or at our peak time and you should be good. Good luck fellow silver hunters.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
lifeis just too short - if you got a bank that likes you vs a bank that treats you like trash -- guess where you need to bank at?---- both--- one as a pick up bank , the other as a "dump bank" -- pick up at likes you bank , dump aat hates you bank -- oh and make sure to have a account in hates you bank -- that way you can deposit your dumps in coin into your account-- then right away withdraw it (since it is "cash" theres not wait time requirement ) out in paper cash money .and be sure to keep just enough money in the account to avoid "monthly" fees

my motto -- I make everyone happy -- my freinds when I arrive and my foies when I leave.

Last edited:

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey D1MES_101, do you have an account at the bank that turned you away? I had to wait until I was 16 before I could get a checking account. I'm not sure if there's an age limit on savings accounts...

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't sell coins to kids. Shouldn't you be smoking pot or something?

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW, i did not expect over 1,200 views and over 45 replies!

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey D1MES_101, do you have an account at the bank that turned you away? I had to wait until I was 16 before I could get a checking account. I'm not sure if there's an age limit on savings accounts...

no i dont, but i have a checking account and im 14?

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick aside here...if you DO write a letter to the bank manager, the proper word is YOU'RE not YOUR. (YOU'RE means you are....your is a possessive pronoun, as in "your hat, your coat"). Please be careful with your grammar and spelling in this letter. Errors will make you look like "just a kid".

Anita

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too young to understand sarcasm?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didnt sound sarcastic... and where in the world did you get the impression that 14 yr olds smoke pot?

I took it as sarcastic. meaning at least you are more interested in coin roll hunting
then smoking pot. & the Bank employee should have helped you, Not
push you away.
hence the reason I didn't delete it.

as for 14 yr olds smoking pot. Nope Never happen on this planet.
15 maybe, but not 14 I think there is a law :laughing7:

Last edited:

bethisa2j

Sep 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ha ha Crazyfish...Jack Black!!!

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go there again bring a shield and shout as you walk trough the door "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!" Haha!

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, call the bank manager and tell them what happened, keep them on the phone and go to the bank, when they say no tell them "my mom" is on the phone. They take the phone, and its the manager, ready to snap their necks :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread