Nokta Impact Kills the Clad

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another long day detecting with the Impact. Up at 5am and out the door by 6, early risers get the clad...LOL
Had three places to try, made it to all of them.

Today the Impact was going to be used in DI3 mode, Disc mode with 3 tones, factory presets,14khz.
The first place was huge, it would take a week to cover every inch, picked a spot near a baseball diamond that appears to have been there for some time.
My first signal was a good target, a Toonie ($2), great way to start the day. Scanned the hole again, whoopie another Toonie. For the next 3 hours, I was pulling out mostly Toonies, Loonies ($1), quarters, nickels and dimes, not so many pennies. All the while thinking this place is going to be great. Finished off the approx. 200'x 200' area then decided to see what the rest of the site was going to be like. My dreams were dashed, it sucked, for 2 hours wandered around. Went back to the area that was producing and grid detected cross wise to see what I missed. Not much, maybe about 10 coins, by the way found a thin silver ring.

To finish off the day, headed over to a couple spots I have done in the past. Wanted to see if the Impact could scrape up a few coins. Oh yeah, it did, made it worth checking again. First silver dime in a long time, found about $4 or so, and lost a Loonie. Was wearing my other pouch which didn't have a real wide opening, so the Loonie never slid into the pouch. It slid over the pouch and got away.

The Impact gives off a distinct audio tone when it finds quarters, nickels, Loonies and Toonies.

Overall, had an excellent day.

Attachments

• impact july 8.JPG
    impact july 8.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 608

SteveOrygun

Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, well I found a cool ass pull tab!! IMG_2258.JPG

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um ok. Doesn't look like an Impact in the photo, though. Lol.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice single day haul of coins.

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day of clad stabbing! DI3 is still my favorite and most used mode. I don't know if it's from using the same mode on the Racer 2 since it came out or what.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions