IMPORTANT UPDATE Directions- 10/11/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please note: This hunt is not associated in any way, with the operators of this website.

UPDATE: REMEMBER this is PRIVATE PROPERTY... The owner loves metal detectorists and has had many there over the last 23 years. We are also contemplating having an area of planted relics I have recieved so many donations that I think that would be the best to do with the stuff, but this I am not 100% on the planted field yet...

Hello All, I am Inviting friends from Treasure-Net, To a Civil War encampment hunt on Saturday Oct. 14th 2006 from 9 A.M. Until 6 P.M. Only Registered T-Net members from 7-13-06 and before will be allowed to attend, this will stop rouge Relic Hunters from trying to just come.
This is for us friends at Treasure Net.
Details: There is a $25.00 sign -up fee for Detectorists non detectorists will have to pay $10.00 This is first come first served only the first 75 payed will be allowed to attend. The money will be used for refreshments, Door Prizes, and donation to the land owner. I have also added a PAY PAL donation link on the site for those who's like to pay by Pay Pal.
The land was occupied by 4,000 plus Union Civil War Soldiers during all 4 years of the War, there are original earthworks still on the property today, they were put there to guard a major railroad bridge the General thought there would be a major battle there and large earthworks were built, but the battle never happened. this spot has been metal detected before I was there last week and In 15 min. I found a $200.00 seated half dime less than 2 in. deep and found 6 dropped minnie balls... and an eagle button, there are many items still to be found.
LOCATION: The exact location will be given out to payed hunters only, you can find Motel rooms and food in Sedalia Mo. that is near the site of the hunt. Memebers so far that I believe are attending:
Gypsyheart ,
Tsgman ,
Nana40 ,
River Rat ,
bgscofield ,
Scotty,
Dig-it
&Okie

UPDATES will be posted on the Forum Hunt Webage, Please go to this website and hit the Forum Hunt 2006 link on the front page, it will bring you to the official Forum Hunt page with lots of info. thank you JD

www.greatestmetaldetectorists.com

There is now a PAY PAL donation link on the HUNT website for those who'd like to pay by PAY PAL...thanks jd

O

OKIE

Re: T-Net Forum Hunt!!! In Oct.

I'll be there with bells on..
Can't wait for all the fun and stories...
HH
Ray

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

wow jd! what a great idea! im gonna hve to look into how much airfare from philly will be but i am really interested! i would just love to get a chance to hunt with the members already going to this!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I'm going to try and make it too. Long drive, but since there is camping nearby, I can probably swing it. Hope to see you all there!

Jason

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Where is the nearest major airport? I would be flying in from Seattle if I can make it. Maybe someone would be interested in splitting the cost on a motel room?

Thanks!
Paul

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JD, thanks for doing this and for the invitation. I will be talking to you again soon. Tsgman

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Paul, Kansas City would be the closest then get a car and go to sedalia...if anyone else has suggestions please do so. thanks jd

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a great time that will be! Would be awesome to just meet all the people and then to detect a CW encampment, WOW! Have to think about it, I have a free flight to the states but the timing is bad, and the wife, eewww, LOL! Thanks JD for sponsoring such an event!!! HH, Mike

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

Cool JD ! I'll be coming. Looking forward to meeting some of you all !

Redfoot

Jul 12, 2006
Nashville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Ace 250

sounds like a great time. I will be sending out my money today.

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks guys it should be fun there is a small museum in the barn on the property the land owners are 80+ years old, they are sweet and nice and want people to look at the museum stuff that have been found on the property and sign a guest book. :)

I already got 10 messages from people saying they sent the money to me today so it moving fast!!! hh all jd

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

JD, have the envelope made out. Are the couple just wanting to add the items to the museum or are they allowing the removal from the site?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm ready! Got my money on the way!!!

Save me a spot JD!!!!

;)

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

they you let you take what ever you find :), the museum was made by people giving them extra stuff they find there I have even given them stuff the last thing I gave them was an 1834 capped bust dime I found there last year. all they ask i if you find a box of gold coins you split it with them :) hehehe

Also I need a volunteer for someone to take photographs and video of the hunt, if you have a family member or friend that does not want to hunt but would like to help out with this let me know...jd

I have updated the forum hunt page with pictures from the hunt site today!!!!

www.greatestmetaldetectorists.com hit the yellow forum hunt 2006 link on the front page.

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Sounds like a great hunt, J.D., but for me it's a week too soon, otherwise I could attend. Have a doggone conflict :-\

Is this a annual event? Maybe next time??

DFIU (Dick from IA)
Tesoro Vaquero

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I would love to attend but there is just one problem. My parents dont want me sending $ to someone they havent met personaly. :'( Maybe in a few years i can come if you have another hunt.

-CC

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

Man! I can't wait till my kids are old enough to move out so I can just pick up and go to stuff like this!!! (sigh) I hope ya'll have a good time and don't forget to post pics for the rest of us. (sniff, sniff)

vicki

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATED 7/15/06 T-Net Forum Hunt!!! In Oct.

UPDATE:!!!!!!!! There is now a PAY PAL donation link on the HUNT website for those who'd like to pay by PAY PAL...thanks jd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread