IMPORTANT UPDATE Directions- 10/11/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we are back at home. We had a great time and found some cool stuff. I was able to find a shot bullett and some chewed up lead. I also found a brass suspender piece. Had a great time camping at out property with Ramjet2187. He arrived on Thursday and when we got up Friday morning it was about 23 degrees (I love tent camping). We had a great time and I look forward to hunting with him again. I vote that we do this as an annual event.

HH
Don

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hey, everybody. Just got home from Missouri about an hour ago. Had a GREAT time at the hunt, and managed to find a few relics. I'll post some pics later.

But more importantly, I got to meet lots of the folks I 'talk' to here on the forum. Forgive me for not mentioning everyone by name, but I don't want to offend if I leave someone out ???

THANK YOU Don and Becky for your kind hospitality, and for allowing me to camp on your land. I tell you, getting up at 0530 when it's about colder than you-know-what, and making coffee on a contrary Coleman stove..........man, it just doesn't get any better than that. :D :D

My vote for next winter's hunt is somewhere us Southern Boys won't freeze something important off.......... :D :D

JD, thanks for the hunt, and Outback Duo, thanks for the new friendship.

Roger

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
Just got back from the hunt and a little late at that. Some of us went out Sunday and messed around. JD thanks for putting on this hunt, besides finds this allowed allot of us to meet. Burdie I hope you enjoy the arrowheads and I will be contacting you later. Mike, Eric & Scott, I had a blast with you guys. I hope we can put something together sometime soon where we can all meet and do some hunting ( no tequila) ;D. Last but not least Nana And River Rat I really enjoyed meeting you two. I wish we were all able to get together more and hunt.

John

PS: River Rat make sure and tell your husband that the boiled peanuts were great.

PSS: Nana, thanks for showing me all the beautiful leaverights that you found ;D

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
JD... Thanks for putting the Hunt together, I know it was a lot of work. I had a very good time.
Thanks also to everyone that was there.... you all are a great bunch of people. Hope to see you all again sometime.

~Kansas~ and Sharon

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the special attention and dedication of the hunt ladies.JD's wife cooked and maintained the 'kitchen' during the sat's hunt and I don't think anyone went away hungry.For the ladies who didn't hunt,they made the conversations around the 'circle' so more enjoyable.And let me firmly express my admiration for the ladies who did hunt.They were dedicated and they were not the first ones to quit.They stayed with it long after many of the guys called it a day.And a special thanks to Noodle for all the extra effort without one complaint.She took over and got the ball rolling Fri as JD was held up for awhile.She had the name tags to give out,she collected the meal money,sold raffle tickets everytime there was something else that had to be done,she drank a glass of wine,and hit the floor running.Thanks Noodle.
Another note: I think we had the best mannered kids I've ever seen before at this get-together,congratulations to you parents.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
left Sunday morning at 9 am made it home at 6 15 pm
what a drive
napped for 2 hours then went to work I'm toasted
more back slapping later ;)
ps Mike, Eric,Scott were a scream and schlopp thanks for the 9 volt :D