IMPORTANT UPDATE Directions- 10/11/06 Hunt!!! In Oct.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATED 7/17/06 T-Net Forum Hunt!!! In Oct.

Oh boy, S'mores. I can't wait!!!

JD, I just looked at the list of hunters & you added the states....Nana & I are not going to get tarfeathered, are we? :o ;D :D ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

River Rat said:
Oh boy, S'mores. I can't wait!!!

JD, I just looked at the list of hunters & you added the states....Nana & I are not going to get tarfeathered, are we? :o ;D :D ;)

River Rat, anybody messing with a Southern Belle will get coated in melted S'mores. ;D

Gypsy, you bring on the S'mores and I'll bring all the cotton filled film canisters to put your goodies in.

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL LOL dont worry River Rat!! this jersey boy loves Southern Belles!!!!!! hehe thanks stoney!!!!!!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Riverrat-best way to escape the tar/feathers is to bring a load of that LA GUMBO!

Nana,not to worry!I moved up here 10 yrs ago from Ala (Mobile).I've 'bout got'em southernized.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

River Rat said:

Tarred and feathered? What you talkin bout willis ? Missouri was actually declared the 12th southern state by Clairborne Jackson, the Missouri Governor before he high tailed it out of the state with Sterling Price. The federals already had military control of the state by then and declared the Governors seat open and put in place a pro-north Governor for the remainder of the war. Missouri actually held office in both the US Congress and the Confederate Congress during that time. Just a little MO history for ya :)

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello eveyone!!! well it keeps moving along :) .... Rat Racer cannot make the hunt, but he has donated funds for our enjoyment, please send him a thank you message!!

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho

sure wish I could attend -- take lots of pics!!! hope you all make plenty of finds -- and then send me 1/2

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATED 7/19/06 T-Net Forum Hunt!!! In Oct.

J.D.
When can we get information on the site? Maps, directions, How big of an area and any other rumors pertaining to the area.

I don't know if I can stand sitting on the edge of my seat for 3 months without knowing a little bit more about the site.

Don

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab

You know, this is a fantastic idea! Too bad its way out of my current budget to try to get up there. I want to thank JD for getting it together for everyone though!

We should do these all over. East Coast, West Coast, Treasure Coast, and the No-Coast (midwest ;D ). That way everyone of the members could make it to at least one of them!

>AHEM< Marc, thats a hint that you should get the ball rolling.... ;)

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

would it help anyone out to have a free place to camp the night before the hunt? We own 8 1/2 acres of woods about 30 miles south of the hunt site. It is very primitive camping so if your idea of camping is the holiday inn you might want to take J.D.'s advice and get a hotel in Sedalia. If you want to see what our camp looks like you can go to our webpage http://www.dvickers.com the links for pictures of our camp are on the left under Outback Rd. Just email or message me if you are interested. If you don't have a tent we have about 4 that you can use.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

OutBack Duo said:
would it help anyone out to have a free place to camp the night before the hunt?

That's mighty nice of you! I think someone was actually looking for camp sites during one of the chats (maybe Gypsyheart?).

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks OutBack Duo I'm sure some of us will take you up on that offer the spot looks wonderful!!

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IMPORTANT!!!!!!! Please read!!!!

2 people have paid me with PAY PAL and never sent me there T-NET user name so I dont know who you are to add you to the list please send me your user name.... I dont want to put your real name in public.... thanks jd

http://www.greatestmetaldetectorists.com/Hunt.html

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

any chance of a "honey -pot" or 3....my GF says she wants to go,so may sign up .is hotel a "have to"or camping a option, i hope (I'm a cheap date) ;D i guess what I'm getting at is, do we have to bail after the hunt? Illinois is a cruise home after a long day in the Field I'm sure a few will need a nappy nap and liquid libation ;D

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsyheart is planning on a bonfire after the hunt :)... and OutBack Duo has 8 1/2 acres near the site we can hang out at!! some people are coming early some are staying later!! :)

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004

That sounds like a blast. I will know in a day or so if I can join in on the fun.

ericwt

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

guess she can do without a porta-jon ;D make the check out and sending it this morning.... 8)

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Like I said before, camping at our property is very primitive. Here is a picture of our home-made potty. We don't mind having people camp at our property the night before and/or after the hunt all we ask is that you respect our little piece of heaven. Here is a link to give you an idea of approximately where our property is http://www.dvickers.com/outback1.htm

Attachments

• potty.jpg
    potty.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,578

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread