Impressed with Whites! Any Recommendations??

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting for a few years now. I've owned Bounty Hunter, Garret and Minelab (Etrac) over that time. All were good-great machines in their own way. However, I noticed the service from the companies themselves to be MUCH different.

Lately I've been in the market for a new detector and I've been poking around the White's site and even visited a couple Dealers. Wow, what a friendly bunch of people that have nothing but awesome things to say about the company. The products seem VERY high quality, not like a lot of the cheap-feeling plastic stuff out there. Of course, that quality adds to the weight but they also seem very balanced.

Anyway, I'm impressed with Whites and I'm thinking of buying one very soon. Now, of course, I need to decide which one.

Any Whites users have a machine they recommend?

Thanks!

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don`t know what your budget is, but, I love my V3i, top of the line machine.

OP
OP
M

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm leaning toward the V3i or MXT Pro. I mainly hunt land for coins and jewelry. Any recommendations?

cadman20

Aug 4, 2010
Take a look at the M6, I picked one up a month ago and it has impressed me. Simple and easy to use. I put the S.E.F. 8x6 coil on it and I have not taken it off. I really like the 7 tone I.D. when in a lot of trash.

Also hearing good things about the new MX5.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another vote for the V3i. It's an awesome machine that you won't outgrow.

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I own the v3i . Bought it in 2010. Has never given a problem. It is a great detector. Whites builds a great detector. Their customer service is second to none
Im looking at the mx5 now as a backup. As soon as some reviews c9me out I wiill look to test one if it holds to the hype i will buy it . Good luck

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is an awesome detector I can get silver dimes at 10"+ with the D2 coil and some being at 12", I never feel outgunned with my MXT it will get the good stuff as deep as the V3i or the E-trac and can adjust on the fly. HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ur right whites makes really good quality machines no complaints at all ive owned not alot but 3 of them all never had an issue with parts & upgrades were all readily available

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No complaints with my whites dfx

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a Whites fan and user since about 1972. My parents wouldn't buy me a Whites, so I had to build a HeathKit GD-48. When I was old enough and had the money, I bought a Whites and have never looked back. I cant say how other products are, but Whites would be very hard to beat in service. Sure, there are going to be hickups, but that's life. I just had a small part and screw fall of this past weekend. Called Whites and they said its on its way. No charge at all. My V3i (Vision) is over 3 years old. Not sure if any other maker will back products like that, but im not going to find out anytime soon, that's for sure. Love of Whites for over 40 years is still going strong. :icon_thumleft:

I went from an analog 5900 Di Pro SL to the V3i. It was and still IS a HUGE learning curve. I think even the experts are still learning new tricks, so I don't feel bad when I have questions about it. If money is no issue and you like to learn, get a V3i. I LOVE my wireless headphones too. Might be a little warm in the summer months, but I can deal with that. No cord to get tangled up is SWEET !

Just my .02 on the matter. :)

kuon john

Greenie
Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's MD

I've been detecting for a few years now. I've owned Bounty Hunter, Garret and Minelab (Etrac) over that time. All were good-great machines in their own way. However, I noticed the service from the companies themselves to be MUCH different.

Lately I've been in the market for a new detector and I've been poking around the White's site and even visited a couple Dealers. Wow, what a friendly bunch of people that have nothing but awesome things to say about the company. The products seem VERY high quality, not like a lot of the cheap-feeling plastic stuff out there. Of course, that quality adds to the weight but they also seem very balanced.bought

Anyway, I'm impressed with Whites and I'm thinking of buying one very soon. Now, of course, I need to decide which one.

Any Whites users have a machine they recommend?

Thanks!

Hi, I bought a White's MD 5000 Coinmaster in 1978 and it was a good detector. I was raising a family at the time and never had the time I wanted so I sold it.My only regret is not continuing the sport further, but will be going back big time when I move back to the states from Thailand. Here in Thailand would be great to hunt with it's Ayutthaya culture hiding gold from approaching enemy Burma from long ago.The only problem they don't allow metal detecting but only on land own by you.Another problem is they don't sell land to foreigners.The risk of a foreigner trying to MD discreetly not worth it not being of that country.
I live on Cape Cod and lucky to have the many private and town owned beach's to hunt again.I might try buying a EXCALIBER 2 MINE LAB, i HEARD A lot of good things about it in forum. As for you I would recommend White's X3 MD and I will consider one for myself when I can. Let me know how it work's out for you?
Good Luck,
John

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're mostly hunting Coins and Jewelry then I'd recommend the V3i with a BigFoot coil.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I own a V3i, bought it in 2010. I am not sure that I would recommend it for pure coin and jewelry. The MXT Pro or the m6 or the new MX5 would produce coins easier and faster than the V3i. I know that I can grab the M6 any time I want and hit the ground running finding coins. The V3i is just too "emotional" from hunt to hunt, day to day. jm2c martin

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I got my v was thrilled threw some batteries in it ran over to the park & used the stock programs coin & coin & jewlery had no issues at all finding good deep coins top & in the ground, now If ur not familiar with the v & start changing things randomly then yes u may run into issues but the what 12, programs it has is & would work for just about anyone they are deep & run pretty hot

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
Great point Chris. I have my v3i over 3 years. The pre set programs work well but u have to be careful not to change too much without having enough time in to understand what the changes will do. Overall probably the best detector on the market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread