IN THE WRONG FORUM!!

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a pleasure for me to go out for md and it is a pleasure to post my findings in this forum. But what i have noticed is that it doesn't matter what is the finding, how old or how did you find it. It is only about nationalism. I have had some good findings and i think i have been very lucky but just a few guys show interest on them but if you talk about an old silver American coin, everybody get exited. I am a young md but never thought that even metaldetecting can be an international chalenge. I've seen banners for 400 years old coins but nobody thought about my 1000 years old hammered silver coins. But now, i'm sure it would happen the same if an American guy would post his findings in an European forum, cause that's the way it goes. This is so sad!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sure nobody meant for you to be disregarded.
This forum is the most populated forum I've been on in 12 years.
You have to be patient, and stay on top of the posts.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a American Forum...simple. American finds take first place because that's what most posters are interested in, you just have to go with the flow and be thankful for the replies you do get.

SS

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing about coins is ... errrr let me restart... THE thing is...

ITs all about rare.
Coins are funny... always has amazed me how a 1000 year old coin is more "common" and not worth as much as some coins from the 1900's...
Its all about the "common" thing.
Is the coin considered "common"... ?
Or is it a "rare" coin ?

Uncommon finds always seem to trump the rest.
Personally I never saw your thread/posting of your coin... If I did I do not recall it...
I do not "research" peoples posts / threads very often these days.

A link to your coin please.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Vince it's all good,hang around a little longer and give us a chance.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a pleasure for me to go out for md and it is a pleasure to post my findings in this forum. But what i have noticed is that it doesn't matter what is the finding, how old or how did you find it. It is only about nationalism. I have had some good findings and i think i have been very lucky but just a few guys show interest on them but if you talk about an old silver American coin, everybody get exited. I am a young md but never thought that even metaldetecting can be an international chalenge. I've seen banners for 400 years old coins but nobody thought about my 1000 years old hammered silver coins. But now, i'm sure it would happen the same if an American guy would post his findings in an European forum, cause that's the way it goes. This is so sad!

This isn't sad, its just how the world works. Americans are more interested in their history and europeans are more interested in theirs. The vast majority of members here don't know the first thing about hammered silver coins from Italy. So it makes sense that you only get a few replies about them from the members that do. People talk about things they know, and old hammered silver coins is a very small percentage of people here.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Vince, I didn't see your find either.

I'm certain you received some Banner votes, and I'm not sure how the Admins weigh those votes. I'd be interested in knowing just how they judge banners, i.e. does it take 10 votes, etc.

Keep at it my friend! I don't believe I'll ever get a Banner myself. But just finding something which makes me wiggle with delight is all I need. Kinda like finding a zinc cent is just another zinc cent. You find a dozen of them first, and then you find a clad quarter which actually seemed worth digging.

You found that hammered silver! I probably never will, but that's okay. A silver ring worth $2.00 is fine with me - though I'd really rather find a gold one :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vince it isn't true, look at all the Banners Crusader has received or Silver Searcher has received and both of them are in Europe.. We have had many banners from Europe..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a American Forum...simple. American finds take first place because that's what most posters are interested in, you just have to go with the flow and be thankful for the replies you do get.

SS

said the man with 11 Banners :tongue3:

yes I agree there seems to be a leaning towards a Few relics & coins & most of those are Amercan.
but you forget .. I don't have those chauvinistic tendencies to think one country,
or its relics
and coins are better then another's .
But I don't like repetitiveness either .

Monty Python said it best...

"and Now for something Completely Different ! "

hint Hint :unhappysmiley:

it's actually very simple . see it ! Like it ! Vote for it !
& get my attention that way. Not in Complaint posts

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard for Americans to get overly excited about coins we can never have a chance of finding. Hammered silvers are nice, but don't do anything for me. A silver trime, or Spanish reale, those are rare finds that I actually have a chance of finding and those get me attention.

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about that vince76. We don't know much about other countries artifacts and don't know what's an average find or a great find. Thanks for opening my eyes to this and I'll pay more attention to these from now on.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
said the man with 11 Banners :tongue3:

yes I agree there seems to be a leaning towards a Few relics & coins & most of those are Amercan.
but you forget .. I don't have those chauvinistic tendencies to think one country,
or its relics
and coins are better then another's .
But I don't like repetitiveness either .

Monty Python said it best...

"and Now for something Completely Different ! "

hint Hint :unhappysmiley:

it's actually very simple . see it ! Like it ! Vote for it !
& get my attention that way. Not in Complaint posts
12 actually, something else you still haven't put right since the take over.:laughing7::BangHead:

SS

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Vince, I think 1000+ yr old finds are cool! I love the Mid East finds and treasure hunts, I like rocks, bottles, collectibles, all kinds a stuffs. To each his own. I sometimes don't understand when these mens get all excited over a rusty nail or horse bridal part, but in reading about it, I do learn(and learn to appreciate something I may not have, before).

I mostly dig jewelry. I'll probably never find a gold coin, old coin, a George Washington button, the ark of the covenant, holy grail, or proof of aliens and ufo's, but I'm good 8-)(and happy to just be me, whether others like or care about me and my finds, don't matter).
This site is also SO BIG, I know I miss a lot of stuff. That's nothing to do with nationalism, that's just not enough time in the day. :BangHead:
So keep posting away, have fun, and be happy within yourself. Many that we are never aware of, are watching, learning, and enjoying and may never say so (comment or like). 8-)

oh, did you say you posted something? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
GL & HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 actually, something else you still haven't put right since the take over.:laughing7::BangHead:

SS

well I'm no Miracle worker :tongue3:

Which one is Missing ?

Or maybe 11 is the Maximum the server will Give You ?

I don't remember if We discussed this i the past :(

but without a title & link I can't request an inclusion

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guajino

Feb 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vince, I am here for the fun and knowledge of others. However, I love to see historical items, for me it does not matter where they come from. I am station in Germany and I had found a lot of German historical items from the1700 and Russian coin. Yes a 1875 Russian coin. I have destroy 4 old coins because my lack of knowledge on them but still happy to go out there and hunt for whatever it comes. I am happy that u had found that coin, not everyone have that kind of luck.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you cannot look up the mintage of a 1,000 year old hammered silver coin, the rarity of that coin is unknown. No doubt it is scarce, but is it rare? All US coins have a known mintage, which makes it easier to determine if a coin is banner worthy or not. Not fair, but that's the way it is.

On the other hand, the mintages of Massachusetts tree shillings is unknown, but the general opinion is there are only a few thousand still in existence. I'm sure that hammered silver coin has a much larger quantity still around because the initial mintage was much higher than any of the tree shillings. And the tree shillings are a BIG part of US history. It was our way of thumbing our noses at the king and showing him who was the boss. That fact, combined with the scarcity of the coins, makes all of them banner worthy, imo.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you cannot look up the mintage of a 1,000 year old hammered silver coin, the rarity of that coin is unknown. No doubt it is scarce, but is it rare? All US coins have a known mintage, which makes it easier to determine if a coin is banner worthy or not. Not fair, but that's the way it is.

On the other hand, the mintages of Massachusetts tree shillings is unknown, but the general opinion is there are only a few thousand still in existence. I'm sure that hammered silver coin has a much larger quantity still around because the initial mintage was much higher than any of the tree shillings. And the tree shillings are a BIG part of US history. It was our way of thumbing our noses at the king and showing him who was the boss. That fact, combined with the scarcity of the coins, makes all of them banner worthy, imo.

see that's where I disagree.

Though I would like to find one.

If the coin is Bent, chipped, or rotted it is Not Banner worthy imo

and if there is a nice one up there & someone else finds one
the second find is Less Banner worthy in my opinion
because it is no longer as Rare.
& if the same time someone else finds one.
they are as good as Zinclons when it comes to being banner worthy imo

I know some think if 10 members found Washington Buttons this week,
they would vote every single one for Banner :( even if half of them looked like rotted metal slugs :BangHead:
don't work that way.

First come with a decent looking one wins !

the rest get to wish it were theirs :laughing7:

in my opinion this is why TreasureNets Banner is the one to get on.
You can't post that rotted half buckle as your first treasure find,
and expect to see it on top. you have to earn a banner here

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread