Indians in the Woods!

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
My research led me to a stretch of woods next to an old cemetery plot. I was told there once stood a church in those woods in the 1800's so i pictured church picknicks and lots of kids running around losing their pennies ;D After gaining permission from the landowner my brother and i hit the woods with our DFX and Minelab SE's. Within 15 minutes we each had an Indian Head. I said "Bill,I think we're on to something" LOL ..Our total for the afternoon was eight Indians,a wheatie,a key that i think may be a model "T", a token and a 62 Rosie. Just FYI my brother and his SE pulled out five of the Indians,the wheatie,the key,the token and the Rosie.Enjoy the pics and thanks for havin a look!!
Jerry

Attachments

• church road.JPG
    church road.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 1,114
  • church indian.JPG
    church indian.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,116
  • church rosie in dirt.JPG
    church rosie in dirt.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 1,111
  • church overview.JPG
    church overview.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,107
Upvote 0

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I look at the first picture the more I see an old road bed, probably led to the old church.

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
TimC (AL) said:
The more I look at the first picture the more I see an old road bed, probably led to the old church.
Your absolutely right Tim.The first picture shows the remnant of an old township road.The owner rides horses so he keeps it mowed down nice. Here's a pic of the 1895 from the upper right corner of the overall coin view after an ammonia/olive oil treatment. Thanks Bob (Mirage)!!!

Attachments

• 1895.JPG
    1895.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 284

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
What a beautiful spot. You guys did well on the injuns. Nothing like a bit of good research paying off for you! I think the old road may yield some nice finds too.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Those are killer Indians!!!!!!!!That is still my favorite coin to dig and you had such a beautiful spot there to do just that from! Research is the name of the game and you have proved that your a big time player. The cleaning method of the olive oil and ammonia is a new one on me, would like to hear more about that!Keep up the good work

HH
Slipperyjack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread