DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Infinium is down and out right now. I used it in a water hunt a few weeks ago and it was operating o.k. other than some small instability issues that I overcame by increasing the discriminate control to 4.

The next day, I took it out again and it was slamming loud tones left and right for no reason. I thought it was because there was an Air Force Base nearby and I must have been picking up their RADAR site so I quit hunting there. I then moved way out in the middle of nowhere, the same thing was happening. I brought it home and tested it with two different sets of earphones and three different coils. Still got the heavy loud falsing. Sounds are loud and constantly going high/low or low high. I have done all the adjustments mentioned in the manual etc., to quieten it down. None of those work.

So to the factory it goes. Not to impressed with this since this is my first Garrett product. I have enjoyed it while it was working but have only had it about 8 weeks. I have been careful to break it down each time I used it and cleaned it properly to insure I was taking care of it.

Anybody else had this issue? Let me know.

Chief

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So to the factory it goes. Not to impressed with this since this is my first Garrett product. I have enjoyed it while it was working but have only had it about 8 weeks. I have been careful to break it down each time I used it and cleaned it properly to insure I was taking care of it.

Sometimes things just go bad. A solder joint breaks, connection faulty, you name it. It can happen to any detector from any company. At least Garrett has a rep for quality service and you never hear of the thing arriving still not fixed like I hear about some other companies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread