Information on any gold x-ray spectrometer

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
So was at the refinery the other day and always wondered how they figured up the pure gold content after doing a fire assay. so the manager of the place shows me this machine.. sticks a sample of the gold into this platform. on the computer screen a camera window is up. lines up the sample and then takes a x-ray of it.. breaks down the pure metal content as well as other metals inside.

So i asked him how much does a machine like this cost.. said this one was 7500 and i thought to myself,. that's very reasonable actually.. although he did say they have a bigger one in there warehouse that was upwards for 210k . wow..

But i cant find much information and i didn't look at the company that made that one..

I want to purchase one of these. since i get quite a bit of silver and gold bullion through here. good to have to spot the fake stuff..

Anyone know much about these? PM me or reply back here..

Thanks

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corpsegrinder said:
I want to purchase one of these. since i get quite a bit of silver and gold bullion through here. good to have to spot the fake stuff..

I have a tri-electronics GT3000 gold tester. Cost about $200 and it is pretty accurate. I just got a check from my refiner for $1070 for gold I figuered about $1060 so it is very close. (or it could have been my gram scale) I sent in close to 20 pieces of gold of all sorts of K values.

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
cyberdan said:
Corpsegrinder said:

I have a tri-electronics GT3000 gold tester. Cost about $200 and it is pretty accurate. I just got a check from my refiner for $1070 for gold I figuered about $1060 so it is very close. (or it could have been my gram scale) I sent in close to 20 pieces of gold of all sorts of K values.
/// I have read many of your posts and think of you as being a fine businessman! but PLEASE hang on to your gold and dont sell anymore at this time! (you can thank me later!)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldsworthy said:
hang on to your gold and dont sell anymore at this time!
Have to sell so I can buy more. All my profits go to pay for some of my daughter's college education. I have to come up with about one third. I fuguer i am using the gold I sell as a good investment in her future.

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
cyberdan said:
goldsworthy said:
hang on to your gold and dont sell anymore at this time!
Have to sell so I can buy more. All my profits go to pay for some of my daughter's college education. I have to come up with about one third. I figure i am using the gold I sell as a good investment in her future. I guess a man has to do what a man has to do! I am sure you have been watching the gold markets today Prices are rising fast! Just this minute a new record high in the price was reached! so far today the gold price record has been broken 4 times! The bond sale today was only rated a "C" I guess country are tired of buying our debt!. I am heavily invested in gold eagles and pure bars. I dont know much about the jewelry business. I only deal in pure investment gold and silver. Good luck to you in your endeavors!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread