Input?

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Like Johnny #5 I need some input..

Does anyone think that the recent passing of TPP could have any impact of silver prices?
Just wonder if now would be a good time to invest instead of just looking for a silver half here and there ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435642576.297713.jpg

Upvote 0

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
The price of silver is impacted by many sources. If TPP has any effect is likely won't be very soon.

If you are interested in investing in silver, your best bet is to buy a small amounts every month rather than try to time the market.
If you consider the major moves the silver market has made in the last 10-15 years, has anybody predicted them accurately? Not on the web!!
Did anyone on this site predict that silver would drop from $30-$35 an oz to $15-17? Not that I read.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver under $20 is a good deal- silver right now at $15.50ish is a steal- i just took half my CRH funds and bought a nice stack

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather told me many years ago that the key to investing for the long term (i.e. retirement) is to do it regularly and without fail. I wish I had listened better.

Historically speaking, precious metals are not a good money making investment. What they are is a good protector of wealth. What you will see if you look at an inflation-adjusted graph of the price of silver is pretty much a straight line, sans the Hunt Brothers thing in 1980 and the economic crisis of a few years ago. There is fast money to be made if you can buy during "normal" prices and have the smarts to sell during a run-up, should one occur. Of course, the same can be said for most investments.

Another problem with buying precious metals (especially in small quantities) are the premiums as well as shipping costs if you're buying online. To combat this, I would suggest larger, more infrequent purchases. For example, instead of buying $20 worth of silver weekly, buy $260 worth every 3 months or something similar. Or better yet, have the $20 weekly automatically put into a "Christmas Club" type savings account and make 1 yearly purchase.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the input guys'

I've just been considering buying about $1,000 worth of silver and just putting it to the side.
But who knows

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread