J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
High 50's at night and High 80's/Low 90's up near Idaho. It was 95 in Massachusetts yesterday.

OP
OP
J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am taking the Greyhound to SF instead of driving from Boston.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
JZA...I think what were all confused about is:

1. What are the pictures of, and where are those places located.

2. Why are they interesting? Is this a place you plan to prospect,
or random images of a desert area?

A bus from Boston to SF?

Saw a guy that tried that once...trip was verrrrry long and arduous...
...didn't work out so well for him.
skeleton-in-chair.jpg~original

Think I'd be
GAAAHsmiley.gif~original
before the first 1000 miles was over.

And then you're going to drive back to Elko? That's a hike all by itself!

Honestly, take the bus to Salt Lake City and then drive to Elko. You'll save
185 miles of driving, plus much of the Calif. driving will be heading uphill (Donner Pass),
not to mention the traffic. SLC to Elko is pretty damn flat, and the speed limit is
75 all the way. BTW, mid to high 90's in Elko...too damn hot to be out diggin'
in, especially if you're not used to desert heat.

It might sound funny, but 95 in Mass. is far different than 95 in the desert. You're
going to need access to many gallons of water to stay hydrated.

Also, you can respond to all the questions in one post..to each their own, but
I've never seen a need to make 5, once sentence posts..
warning1.gif~original

Last edited:

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You should have a good adventure. i hear there a lot of Pokemon's in that area.

abra.gif

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, from the Gay Bay.... We understand now :evil6:
You're not just taking the bus to Elko - because you want to take the I10 to Smell-A for all the cool weather°°°
And you'll be digging in...
1024x1024.jpg

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well let's see here......

First off you're heading out into that area at the WORST time of the year. You're looking at heat stroke on the hoof. I live in ARID-Zona, was well trained by the military in desert combat and survival and I still avoid going out prospecting during the heat of the day. ( I may be crazy but I'm not THAT crazy!)

Secondly you're showing pictures that no real miner would even hazard a guess as to what MIGHT be in that area.

Third you make no mention of what if any research you've done into the area. Without proper research all you're going to be doing is punching holes in the desert floor. You also don't say if you've got a guide lined up or not. Going out in the desert at that time of year without someone that knows the area is one step removed from suicidal.

Fourth you make no statement as to what your level of experience is OR what type of prospecting you want to do. Are you drywashing, detecting or using dowsing rods? Since you mentioned a rental car, I get the feeling that hauling water in for a recirculating sluice system is not in your plans.

I'm NOT trying to put you down here but I see nothing that comes close to proper planning mentioned. In my mining I go by a few simple rules.
1. NEVER forget the 7 "P's"!!! Those being, Proper Prior Planing Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance. This includes proper gear for the area, proper provisioning and taking proper safety precautions.
2. Fortune favors the prepared miner. Meaning research, research and even more research. Has gold been found in the area before? Do you know where any existing claims are located? Do you know how to use topo maps to plot your position?
3. If going into a new area ALWAYS go with someone that has been there before. Not knowing an area is a good way to end up on the back of a milk carton.
4. Always back fill your holes and clean up any trash even if you didn't bring it in. (This doesn't count for old cars or things to large to haul out.) Leave it so only a trained eye can tell you were even there.

Many of us here have been doing this for many years and I'm sure that the vast majority of us only want you to have a fun and safe time on your adventure. If you want advice from us, we have to have good valid information to base that advice on.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain
For we've received word for to sail back to Boston
And nevermore will we see you again...
Be careful amigo, that desert will kill you, very quickly.

OP
OP
J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like I said, I am multilingual.... Italian/English and Spanish. Thanks for your replies. I do speak English fluently. Though, Italian is my primary language. I am also fluent in Spanish. Jon

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
And I am still confused..........:dontknow:

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like I said, I am multilingual.... Italian/English and Spanish. Thanks for your replies. I do speak English fluently. Though, Italian is my primary language. I am also fluent in Spanish. Jon

Il consiglio di base offerto è che il deserto è abbastanza spietato in questo periodo dell'anno e di essere a conoscenza dei pericoli in questi ambienti estremi. Inoltre consiglio è stato offerto a risparmiare un po ' di tempo di viaggio atterrando nello stato si prevede di prospezione in. Caio

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What I want to know is how and why do you even know which pokemon that is Kev!!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468643735.604798.jpg
Need I say more?
(My 24 and 22 year old kids have played since they were each 6 so I try to stay in the loop...and it's fun! How about you?)

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Checked the camping lot tonight. No pokemon here. Will check my claim tomorrow to insure none are up there high grading. Yeah my kids are into it too.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Meant to put two pics in last post

Attachments

• 1468690761001.jpg
    1468690761001.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 1468690772941.jpg
    1468690772941.jpg