Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Day 1 of our Marathon hunt. Rodeo Recon, Bonzaibrandi, and I got out on an old spot that has been good to us in the past. First time there we found lots of flat buttons, tombac buttons, and even some pewters--plus a boatload of musketballs and several brass thimbles.

Long story short, Rodeo Recon's stars must've been in line or something--cause I only managed to score one musketball, a thimble, and a three or four buttons... I'll get to what he found in a jiffy, but first here's a site photo. Most of these photos were taken in failing light, so I'm happy they turned out ok. Hunted from midday until after dark today, and Man was it cold after that sun went down.

Tesoro.jpg

Rodeo got the large loop of what we are pretty sure is Another sword hanger. :o We started digging a lot of buttons on the site, and found a few other interesting bits. I have always thought that there ought to be a coin at the spot. So we were hoping for one today. Well, I got a coin all right--a danged Jefferson Nickel. I hope it's the only CLAD I find all year. :protest:

Well, the other coin was a good one--dug by Rodeo:

dime in dirt.jpg

Here's the look on his face after he dug it. :D We knew it'd be old. My first thoughts when Rodeo said he had a silver were 1. Spanish Real 2. Capped Bust, or 3. Early Seated.

duo.jpg

Well, it ended up being an early seated dime--and I mean Early. :thumbsup:

dime in hand.jpg

dime uncleaned.jpg

So once it got to the point that we couldn't See anything, nor Feel our fingers, we headed home. Here's a photo of all of the finds, uncleaned:

finds all.jpg

And Rodeo's dime. It is an 1838. :thumbsup: BIG Congratulations on Rodeo for this not only being his First silver of the year, but also our Oldest American silver since the Iron Brigade started. She's holed, but she's a beauty. And any 1830s Silver is a tough find. :)

Dime Rev.jpg

Dime obverse.jpg

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Its ok BB! You did really good on the relics too! If I got as many relics as you that day; I would call it a very good day. In the pacific Northwest, we not only have to deal with clad, but we have to deal with all the trash these teenagers throw down on the ground. After digging that much, most of us get 1 keeper or none at all. But its all in good fun. I hope you have had a nice day hunting! :) Tell your buddy congrats on the seated dime! :)

I also love your posts! They keep me entertained while I am researching for the next big spot. So far JuJu is ahead of me on the researching part. haha, I have only found one good spot and the rest have been cemented over. Oh well. Good luck on your next hunt! :) :thumbsup: You can rest easy with a cup of :coffee2:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not Luck-it's his GUIDE!!! Nice finds and congrats to RR for a very nice piece of old silver. I like old holed coins because they seem personalized by someone who wore them around their neck or strung them on a wire. WTG and HH.

L

lovedigging

Buckleboy, Another great hunt by you as alway's. Enjoyed the pictures, Way to go buddy!!! :thumbsup:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Miss Liberty has been sitting there just waiting for you to take her home.

Great Finds and Hope Tomorrow will be just as Good or even better.

NT

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt and finds.
I,ll bet Rodeo will still be smilling at the next hunt. Nice seated dime.

redlined

Jan 15, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,Excellerator 4.5x7,Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202
Wow! You guys are making up for the ice storm downtime in a major way! Great finds fellas......

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your finds. Love to find a old seated holed or not. It is still a great find....Matt

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great hunt Buckles. That dime is sweet.
Good work my friend

Regards, Merf

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautylicious coin!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:My buddy just dug that same date a couple of weeks ago!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread