Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just so you know...

A crotch cam (LOL) is an easy one to accomplish IMO.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate when I am looking at a video of metal detecting or prospecting and all they do is talk and show nothing about what the video is about.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kills it for me (I'm probably a minority here) is the recovery time.
Most videos have someone running their pinpointer over and over a target until it seems like minutes before they recover the find.
Then after the pain, the target ends up being donkey doo! BORRRRRRING!!!!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kills it for me (I'm probably a minority here) is the recovery time.
Most videos have someone running their pinpointer over and over a target until it seems like minutes before they recover the find.
Then after the pain, the target ends up being donkey doo! BORRRRRRING!!!!!

One word to them... EDIT ! ! !

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flipping the coin over and over, then rubbing the sand off, until the the coin is ruined. Too much talking, just do some editing! Sometimes I wish Aquachigger would go a bit faster, but he still has about the best vids, and I always watch them all, always interesting, and he knows what he's talking about.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also....when a post goes up, and says...
"Look what I found!"
Then there is a link to the video, with no pics.

No. I won't watch it.

I know this thread is mainly about the videos themselves, but Dave hit on the Pet Peeve for me!

On this forum or any others I participate in I will not click on a thread that just has a YouTube link!!

If they are trying to drive views to their site they should at least put in the effort to share a few still pix and some text as to what the hunt was about.

Threads with a good story and pictures get far more attention then some plain YouTube link!!!

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are few that I subscribe to that interest me.

My peeve is the ones that dig terrible plugs and leave trash

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flipping the coin over and over, then rubbing the sand off, until the the coin is ruined. Too much talking, just do some editing! Sometimes I wish Aquachigger would go a bit faster, but he still has about the best vids, and I always watch them all, always interesting, and he knows what he's talking about.

Th as what I was talking about earlier in my post. He's great, but sometimes drawn out, and repetitive. But he's smart and looks genuinely happy. Plus he returns stuff when he can. Idk, I just like his videos.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this thread is mainly about the videos themselves, but Dave hit on the Pet Peeve for me!

On this forum or any others I participate in I will not click on a thread that just has a YouTube link!!

If they are trying to drive views to their site they should at least put in the effort to share a few still pix and some text as to what the hunt was about.

Threads with a good story and pictures get far more attention then some plain YouTube link!!!

You're all good. This thread is about Grumps or gripes and anything else you choose. I love when discussions go off tangent, but not when a thread is intended to be informational.

Pretend you're Lou and I'm Tyler in the movie Fight Club: "That's right. Get it out, Lou!" :occasion14:

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are few that I subscribe to that interest me.

My peeve is the ones that dig terrible plugs and leave trash

Omg, I absolutely HATE that... nuggetnoggin does that a lot. There's no excuse. I like to be like a boy scout. Leave no trace. Make it better than it was before. Don't be trespassers, dint leave trash, don't dig trash, and leave it. And for the love of GOD fill your D@mn holes. There's no need to carry a 54"shovel to dig enough dirty to fill a wheelbarrow, just to find a poptab...invest in the right tools. Buy Lesche and buy propointer... or a pin pointer in general. Gah, there's a lot that just irks me...

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last, but not least. I don't want to listen to you flap your lips while driving down the Santa Monica freeway headed to the beach. No one wants to listen to your drivel and look at your mug for 5 minutes prior to MDing!!>:(

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about people asking for "donations" with Patreon? Do you really think I'm going to pay to watch you metal detect? Not gonna happen.

I enjoy Aquachigger's videos, but he has a lot of nerve asking for donations. He is obviously well off financially, so looking for handouts is tacky, to say the least. He has a nice home, lots of land and travels to England to metal detect! And you want me to give you more money? Get real!

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
And your crap commercial coffee is not a status symbol!

It just shows you never had a fresh ground french-press cup of joe.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last, but not least. I don't want to listen to you flap your lips while driving down the Santa Monica freeway headed to the beach. No one wants to listen to your drivel and look at your mug for 5 minutes prior to MDing!!>:(

lol... heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread