Is it worth picking that penny up off the ground ?(UPDATE)

Do you think i'm nuts,or will i hit my goal ?

• Hay NE Hunter you will hit your goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NE Hunter your nuts you will never find enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Is it worth picking that penny up off the ground ?

If we're going to dig in the dirt for coins, I see no reason not to pick one up from seeing it on the ground. It's fun just to find anything.......

S

stefen

Many valid points have been expressed to this question.

What I anticipated and didn't find is where a coin was picked up and found to be extremely rare and valuable. Now that would make your day.

The motto should be "Bending over is also exercise"....good for the back and keeps the fingers nimble! and the kids piggy banks full.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sure, I pick them up. They add up after a while.

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Well after a disappointing month and a half things are picking up with the warm wether around.Ill try to up date this month by month.Still i am five cents a day short.But thats seems to be changing.Stats are kept at the top of this tread. H H

B

bigjohncountry

:)Well yeah its worth it a penny saved is a penny earned i pick up any coin i find old or new ive never found a old one yet, it all adds up sooner or later,another way i add to my change collection is every dollar i break i save the change i could have a pocket full of change and wont use it ;D thats a poor mans way of saving and my wife hates it because everywhere she looks i have change a 5 gallon water jug well hold approximately $3k in change!!!!where we live we go to bridge festivals and we always throw our loose change in a water jug and most of the times we have had 2 to 3 hundred in changegood luck and happy picking it up

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found a "BAG" a few months back when cleaning a restruant floor ,always finds loose change,no bills yet. a junk ring nothing reallly great yet...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dekalb33 said:
i found a "BAG" a few months back when cleaning a restruant floor ,always finds loose change,no bills yet. a junk ring nothing reallly great yet...

Which Reminds me.

Have you Ever gone through the Drive Through at Mikey-D's
& when they hand you your Change & the bag, & then hand you your soda ?

Have you Ever Dropped your Change into the Bag with your Fries & sandwich, quickly to free up a hand to grab your soda ?

Have you Always remembered to Grab your Change out before Throwing the Bag in the TRash ?

Maby we should stop when ever we see a Bag along the Highway.

and look in the Trash Receptacles at the car wash ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by the way there wasnt "change' in the bag.... ::)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking my dog yesterday morning and came to a driveway where a guy was cleaning out his car. I found 35 cents behind the car out near the street and picked it up. I wonder if he knew it was there or it was just by chance? Either way, I felt pretty sneaky and looked back over my shoulder several times to be sure I wasn't being pursued. I also thought about this thread at the time. Monty

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Last weekend my son and I went to the circus. It was a 3-ring, performing type of circus, not the carnival type with all the rides and stuff. My son (he's 9) just HAD to ride the elephant after the show, so he stood in line for the tickets, stood in line waiting for the ride and it was over in about 3 minutes (he was spending his own money, saved from his weekly allowance). But what the heck, it's not every day an elephant comes to town, so you just gotta go for it when the chance comes, right??

Well, we were walking back to the car....it had started to rain a little and almost eveyone was gone....and I was looking down at the ground, checking it out like any good THer would do and lo and behold! There was a folded up $5 bill! I told my son "Wow! I found $5!." Then I opened it up and said "WHOA! There's a $20 inside! NO! There's TWO $20s inside folded up!!! WOWZERS!" Yep, a total of $45, found all because my son wanted to ride an elephant....and I was watching the ground, hoping and looking for a find. That definitely made up for not being able to get out and MD for the last few weeks!!

My son's bike was stolen off our patio on Easter while we were out at an egg hunt. I told him he would have to work and save to get a new one (trying to show him that things cost $$ and that money doesn't grow on trees). I gave him $20 of the $45 I found (after all, HE was the one who rode the elephant and if he hadn't we wouldn't have found the $45), he had saved another $10 from his allowance, so last Sunday, I matched his $$ with some of my Ace 250 coin finds, his Mom matched his $$ with an ebay sale and we went bike shopping. He's a happy rider again. And all because he really REALLY wanted to ride an elephant! ;D

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Whenever I detect the local park I take time to pick the aluminum cans out of the trash cans and so far this year I have filled 4 large trash bags(about 1000lbs)So yes I would reach down to pick up a Pennie.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
Thats a good idea with the aluminum cans. With scrap prices so high people are getting out just to pick up cans. now if we can get them to do the same with litter.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
With aluminum prices rising , I am now happy to find the pull tabs....figure I will be rich by the end of the year! ;)

S

stefen

If Confusous said 'A journey begins with the first step',

Then a million dollars begins with the first penny!

maugin

Aug 29, 2005
pick them ALL up! i once worked with a guy who thought pennies were junk & he would throw them along the road or parking lot or where ever we were. he thought i was crazy i went in behind him & picked them all up.
didn't get rich, but....
shame i don't work with him anymore!!
go for it!!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need a big time update here! How are you doing?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions