Is Tesoro at a standstill?

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't heard anything about whether Tesoro will be creating any new detectors soon or not. John Earle is working at Whites (I think), George Payne is at least semi-retired, and I'm not sure WHAT Jack Gifford is doing now. One thing I'm sure of though, that a new comparable Tesoro would weigh less than most other detectors, they for the most part still do. Anybody have any inside information?

LL

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a Tesoro dealer named Arizona Al many years back who (a) knew something about metal detectors and (b) a rare thing today, was honest about what he was selling. Tesoro had got in a rut of just changing frequencies and general design slightly. Nothing really new so little point in upgrading if you already had one. He went on a few forums and discussed this and twelve months on they did come out with improved models, H.O.T. circuits etc which did add to performance.

Seems in the last year or two they have again needed a slight kick though there has been improvements to filtering on some models. Their problem has been that weight, balance, build, warranty etc have been ahead of the rest for years and they have concentrated on things that work rather than gimmicks so its more difficult to come out with an improved design than those detector brands that are fairly awful.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Brian, that makes sense to me. I have a Silver Sabre maybe 30 years old - and it still works like it did when it was new. I may open it up and bring the threshold to just barely audible thou. I've done it with a golden Sabre and readjusted it internally for a better ground balance too. They are well-made detectors, for sure.

Thanks for the response, :icon_thumright:

LL

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
No idea but I hope they last many more years. They make the best detectors ever! and with a lifetime warranty you can't go wrong.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
relichunters said:
No idea but I hope they last many more years. They make the best detectors ever! and with a lifetime warranty you can't go wrong.

Amen to that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions