Is there an online website that lists current scrap metal prices?

MilitariaCollector

Dec 17, 2008

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of any website that shows prices like that. In response to your other question, it would seem that the department of weights and measures, or here in Florida, the Dept. of Agriculture would have an inspector that oversaw such an operation. If someone is using fraudulent scales, they're cheating. Although it might not seem like much, but would you want to deal with a cheat?

If you have that problem, weigh your own metal before you take it in, maybe just a bucket full or copper or brass and compare the two.

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know in Fort Wayne, IN there are at least 3 scrap yards. And one of them does have a website that they post daily at noon current pricing. You may try googling your locals to see if they also have website.

Ed

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Check with your local scrap yard, or others nearest you. They may pay out different amounts. They are just lake any other business. Each has to make a profit to stay in business and pay their bills. Just like me, being a building contractor. I may be able to make a living from $25.00 per hour, but within 30 miles from here they can get $50.00 per hour.
Get to know your scrap yard people and maybe get n updated payout sheet each time you go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread