Is this a great metal detector find or what?

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also love to treasure hunt thrift stores, though they are more astute at plucking the good finds for their online sales anymore. I was visiting a newly reopened shop called Samaritan's Store and was looking around the small tools for gear when I heard a familiar beep-beep-beep. Looking back, I saw a working emerging from the back room air testing a metal detector. I moved to where he was and picked it up as soon as he put it on display. It's a Fisher F2 it excellent condition, but look at the price: $5!! It had 2 new 9-volt Duracells in it that cost more than that! I was as excited as I've been with almost any find I've pulled out of the dirt. :laughing7:

Here's what I got:

F2 1.JPG
F2 2.JPG

I love the F2 and can't wait to field test this one!

Upvote 29

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A $5 find and it works. What a great back up and keep it in the car, great idea. Leave the batteries out if in the sun or not in use for long. Congrats on that score, right place, right time!:icon_thumright:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily you can just turn the batteries around backwards for storage in that machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Javadroid

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A $5 find and it works. What a great back up and keep it in the car, great idea. Leave the batteries out if in the sun or not in use for long. Congrats on that score, right place, right time!:icon_thumright:

Yes - good reminder on the batteries, especially in this Arkansas sun... pretty brutal this week!

OP
OP
Javadroid

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily you can just torn the batteries around backwards for storage in that machine.

Yeah, interesting how they don't click into the machine but just rest against the connection points. Easy to turn around in the housing. It's just a great little detector all around.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
The F2 is the little brother to the F4. Their basically the same detector, with the F2 having a scaled down UI and LCD display, they also share the same coils. Put the 11" DD on that F2 and you'll be amazed at what it will find.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes - good reminder on the batteries, especially in this Arkansas sun... pretty brutal this week!

Here it's not just the heat that gets you, it's the jungle like humidity that makes you feel like you need SCUBA gear just to go outside.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thrift store wont be in business very long I would be going there a lot!!!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Way cool score on a decent machine. I own around eight machines so NO ONE can tell me two is too many. A backup in case of failure is always nice to keep swinging while the other one is away for repairs. I loan out machines to folks who are interested in the sport and keep a few simple to operate machines for just that purpose alone. It's NOT always about the money "honey".:occasion18:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome score, you can parley that into much more quickly if ya wanted to. Let her know you paid for it with dug clad, end of story.

OP
OP
Javadroid

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it's not just the heat that gets you, it's the jungle like humidity that makes you feel like you need SCUBA gear just to go outside.

Arcanslaw -- that's hilarious! :laughing7:

Where's home base for you? I'm in Siloam Springs but hunt the four states around me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread