Is this the only site on the internet?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tjc45 said:
I guess it's me, but i don't share everyone's bubbly feelings about this site. The finds are fun to read but are undocumented. There is at least one guy finding everyday where others are not finding at all. It's bothersome that admin has let that roll. And, it's happened more than once. I mean Roy Halladay pitching a perfect game, yeah that's fun to see and read about. Roy Halladay pitching a perfect game everytime out? That just ain't happenin.' Many of the folks in my metal detecting club and beach group have given up on this site because of the bogus find posting problem. Shame.

I didn't question the finds until this group pointed it out to me.

I guess you just gotta take the good with the bad, but i sure wish admin would stop that sort of thing from tainting an otherwise good site.

Gosh TJC, you better "give up" on ALL of the Internet forums on ANY subject then - LOL! The Internet is a loser wannabee's paradise. Heck, you can look like me and still be a rock star on the Web! That is why we have opinions and learn to make decisions - so we can choose who and what to believe! I just got kicked off of a forum for debating a sponsor. He didn't like my factual response to his post calling me a liar, and I got the boot. I'm still here though. That tell you anything about THIS forum? :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
Gosh TJC, you better "give up" on ALL of the Internet forums on ANY subject then - LOL! The Internet is a loser wannabee's paradise. Heck, you can look like me and still be a rock star on the Web! That is why we have opinions and learn to make decisions - so we can choose who and what to believe! I just got kicked off of a forum for debating a sponsor. He didn't like my factual response to his post calling me a liar, and I got the boot. I'm still here though. That tell you anything about THIS forum? :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

Terry, I get it, but a guy who bats 1000 should have been flagged a long time ago.

As for getting the boot, i hear ya! I posted a factual review of a sand scoop offered by a sponsor. The review, without calling it a bad product, pointed out design deficiencies. Anywhere else on the net, that type of post is a perfectly acceptable look before you leap post. The post got removed and i got a stern warning PM not to bash sponsor's product offerings. Since that time there have been numerous posts from buyers of that product reporting failure on first use. Gee, no kidding!!!

Just the way it goes on for profit forums.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tjc45 said:
Terry Soloman said:

Terry, I get it, but a guy who bats 1000 should have been flagged a long time ago.

As for getting the boot, i hear ya! I posted a factual review of a sand scoop offered by a sponsor. The review, without calling it a bad product, pointed out design deficiencies. Anywhere else on the net, that type of post is a perfectly acceptable look before you leap post. The post got removed and i got a stern warning PM not to bash sponsor's product offerings. Since that time there have been numerous posts from buyers of that product reporting failure on first use. Gee, no kidding!!!

Just the way it goes on for profit forums.

TJC,

No one is forced to believe in a find or even read any post by someone they do not believe is being honest. You think someone is posting bogus finds put them on ignore..........Unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt a find is bogus what do you accomplish by accusing someone other than starting an arguement online, and the fact is you could be wrong.....

It is like a few who get angry their find didn't make the banner......SO WHAT!...... So what if someone posts a bogus find, they are the one who is being hurt, not the reader, anyone faking finds is only fooling themselves, it is their honor that is being damaged.....

I have been on almost every detecting forum on the net and I prefer TN.....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
TJC,

No one is forced to believe in a find or even read any post by someone they do not believe is being honest. You think someone is posting bogus finds put them on ignore..........Unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt a find is bogus what do you accomplish by accusing someone other than starting an arguement online, and the fact is you could be wrong.....

It is like a few who get angry their find didn't make the banner......SO WHAT!...... So what if someone posts a bogus find, they are the one who is being hurt, not the reader, anyone faking finds is only fooling themselves, it is their honor that is being damaged.....

I have been on almost every detecting forum on the net and I prefer TN.....

Well said. Hear, hear! :headbang: :thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJC, you have a valid point, but this subject is very delicate in the case of a valuable found object. The law is rather ambiguous on final ownership, so many do not publicly proclaim any large finds. They like to keep em for some silly reason.

I myself, have 'invited' criticism and debate on my finds, and believe me, there have been many, some well deserved.

Relax and take it easy, have a :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: with us, just enjoy. The phony recoveries are obvious, but let them have their fun, after all that is what we & they need. Most posts are self cleaning eventually.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread