It Took A Licking And still is Ticking. Timex headquarters response

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is a cool story. I was out hunting around the lodge here when I got a decent tone. I dug up what appeared to be a watch. No biggie I thought. I took my finds inside and started tinkering with the watch. I thought to myself, there is no way this watch would ever tick again. I couldn't even get the winder knob to pull out. Well, I put a drop of oil on the winder and to my amazement it pulled out! well, then the next problem, to get the hour and minute hands to turn, with a little "back and forth" motion with the winder, they started to move! well that was cool and all but the second hand ticker just didn't want to go. I thought OK, that was fun sat the watch down and went home for the evening. well, the next day I went back up to the lodge, saw the watch I had placed there from the previous evening and I couldn't believe my eyes! The second hand was ticking!! It works to this day. I wrote Timex with photos and they just loved it. I guess it goes to show ya....Timex...it takes a licking and keeps on ticking! cheers!~ note: second hands in each photo is different!
~~~~TIMEX HEADQUARTERS USA~~~~~~
Over the years, Timex has received hundreds of letters from nice people like you. We've heard about Timex watches that have been loved and lost, and others that were found and cherished. We've had many people offer to do commercials testifying for Timex quality and durability. Photos and watches are sent that have been through more than any watch should have to endure, and yes they are always still ticking.
Here at Timex, those letters are passed around. We smile, chuckle and listen to your ideas, and it gives us a warm feeling that you took the time to write us.
Thank you for brightening our day with your letter, and especially, thank you for appreciating our products. It's people like you that keep us ticking.

Sincerely,

Jean Showmar
Timex Group USA Inc. Customer Service.js

Attachments

• 115_1198.JPG
    115_1198.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 878
  • 115_1199.JPG
    115_1199.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 864
  • 115_1205.JPG
    115_1205.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 864
  • 115_0975.JPG
    115_0975.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 847
Upvote 4

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It Took A Licking And still is Ticking

Neat find now you can have the time with you never be later again....Matt. Just kidding about being late.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neat find. Did Timex give you a more or less date of when this model was made? I'm sure it's old because it's a wind it yourself watch, the good old days before having to worry about watch batteries.

HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool post! Hope you get some interesting info and Timex offers you a nice watch for your picture and story. HH, Mike

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

I guess that means it's time for you to go hunt again! :tongue3: jgas

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Sage, I have a digital Timex that I bought in 1978. I know that because every time i had to change the battery it reverted back to the year 1978. I retired it last year because the set knobs would not spring back. I wore out 3 bands and it withstood farming, deer hunting, fishing, and relic hunting for many years. I paid $9.95 for it and bought a new Timex like it for $27.95 last fall. Great find and story. HH.

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Sage :thumbsup:

I`m guessing the watch is from the early 70`s but don`t quote me on that.

Keep diggin those relics no matter how old they are :icon_king:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, I'd find a strap and put it on! :icon_pirat:

Baggins

Bronze Member