It Took A Licking And still is Ticking. Timex headquarters response

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is a cool story. I was out hunting around the lodge here when I got a decent tone. I dug up what appeared to be a watch. No biggie I thought. I took my finds inside and started tinkering with the watch. I thought to myself, there is no way this watch would ever tick again. I couldn't even get the winder knob to pull out. Well, I put a drop of oil on the winder and to my amazement it pulled out! well, then the next problem, to get the hour and minute hands to turn, with a little "back and forth" motion with the winder, they started to move! well that was cool and all but the second hand ticker just didn't want to go. I thought OK, that was fun sat the watch down and went home for the evening. well, the next day I went back up to the lodge, saw the watch I had placed there from the previous evening and I couldn't believe my eyes! The second hand was ticking!! It works to this day. I wrote Timex with photos and they just loved it. I guess it goes to show ya....Timex...it takes a licking and keeps on ticking! cheers!~ note: second hands in each photo is different!
~~~~TIMEX HEADQUARTERS USA~~~~~~
Over the years, Timex has received hundreds of letters from nice people like you. We've heard about Timex watches that have been loved and lost, and others that were found and cherished. We've had many people offer to do commercials testifying for Timex quality and durability. Photos and watches are sent that have been through more than any watch should have to endure, and yes they are always still ticking.
Here at Timex, those letters are passed around. We smile, chuckle and listen to your ideas, and it gives us a warm feeling that you took the time to write us.
Thank you for brightening our day with your letter, and especially, thank you for appreciating our products. It's people like you that keep us ticking.

Sincerely,

Jean Showmar
Timex Group USA Inc. Customer Service.js

Attachments

• 115_1198.JPG
    115_1198.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 878
  • 115_1199.JPG
    115_1199.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 864
  • 115_1205.JPG
    115_1205.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 864
  • 115_0975.JPG
    115_0975.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 847
Upvote 4

Magicmanmb

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2018
Myrtle Beach, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven’t lived until you try to explain the concept of winding a watch.
Thats in addition to this new camera just invented Polaroid & cassette tape recorders in addition to pocket size AM radios. Wallyworld is carrying these again and have clerks telling me that it’s the latest technology. It’s sad they really don’t know plus LP’s are super hot now. Held on to mine from the 60’s & 70’s and after burning to CD the one or two I like going to sell them to help fund A detector.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a good Time with my Ex, but traded her in when she quit tickin :tongue3: .. don't know if that qualifies as Timex or not?:dontknow:

Cool find and an interesting post!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and nice letter. Nice quarter also. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread