Rock House

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector

Attachments

• Rock House.jpg
    Rock House.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Rock House 1.jpg
    Rock House 1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,101
  • Rock House.jpg
    Rock House.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • Rock House 1.jpg
    Rock House 1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,100
  • Rock House 2.jpg
    Rock House 2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Rock House 3.jpg
    Rock House 3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,091
Upvote 0

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yes if your able to see whats there also check inside for any loose rocks that could hide a cache.

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Unfortunately, I did not have my MD in the truck at the time I went for the drive. Not close to my house. I better start leaving my MD in my truck.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes you should carry your detector with you at all times. And yes check out that place never know what is around waiting for you to dig up. Good luck...,Matt

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Be sure and get permission from the owner before you hunt. It might take a few years but the rules are the rules. You wouldn't want to disgrace the hobby would you?

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
The property is in Nation Forest area. The forestry in the area said it is public access area.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great house!!!
I really like the whitewall tire around the tree trunk.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Is it worth to metal detect it?" You will never know unless you try. Remember it's the thrill of the hunt. The idea is to get out there and enjoy the hobby. Does one find goodies always, NO. But, there might be a cache there or some really cool old relics.

Hopefully nobody else hit it yet, but then again one can't find it all can they.

Let us know if you find anything and more cool pictures like you already posted.

Good luck on the hunt.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great research but I am surprised you didn't take a detector with! Looks like a great place to detect and not extremely overgrown. Can you figure out any history of the site? Is there a water source, outhouse, barn, gold mine? Interesting for sure! I think you owe us all here at Tnet a good hunt there with pictures, LOL. If the inner floors are dirt, detect them as well. HH and I look forward to your finds, Mike

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is legal, you should absolutely go for it. Let us know what you find!

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
I have the county assessor office pulling up the area for me. After alittle more research I will proceed.

Keep you posted.

OPUS1

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
worth detecting???? umm heck yeah! You see the long rectangular black spot between the two small ones on the picture of the house? (door and windows) Ill bet there some goodies right there! lol

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey opus, I'm not trying to get you to reveal your rock house location, but can you get a google image of what that looked like from the aeriel. I think you can hide the coordinates before you get a screen shot of it. If not, I understand. I browse google alot too around my area and was just wondering if it would help me get an idea of what to look for.

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
This is a view of the house. Thought it might have looked like something so I checked it out. I was on my way from work and remembered it entered into my GPS. Didn't have my MD with me. Maybe it was a good thing, i might have hit the site without checking out permission.

Attachments

• Rock House.jpg
    Rock House.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 814

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Wow....that "spot" probably would not sent up any flags with me. When you zoomed in on it, did you get a clearer picture of a dwelling? Good job!! You might have stumbled onto virgin hunting, that might pay-off bigtime!
By the way, I am up here in Bakersfield.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow id check that spot out for sure. looks like the tires been there for awile. willy.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, I would MD there ASAP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread