nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a "Good For" huntin day..

This morning, I met Terry (Icandigit) in a small town that we have hit earlier this summer and had good luck at. He had just got a new detector, and wanted to try it out, and we were both looking to add to our silver collections. When we started out, it was cool, overcast, and a little breezy. As the day went along, it cleared off, and got right down windy. It wa blowing so hard, that when the leaves off the trees hit you in the face, you knew it. We started in the part of the park that we had worked before, both finding silver there, but we must have hit it pretty good, as all we found was a few pieces of clad. Terry did find a 1924 wheat, but my oldest coin was a '73 quarter. But, I did find an item that made the trip worthwhile. I am going to need some help from some of you Jay Hawkers in trying to determine where this token came from. Pictured below, are photos of both sides of the token. On the front it says DOUGHERTY & WOODWARD - KANS, on the reverse it states "Good For $1.00 in Merchandise".
I have no idea what city that this token is from. I also don't have the material to research a Kansas token here in Nebraska. Please help. Thanks, and HH

Attachments

• Dougherty & Woodward.jpg
    Dougherty & Woodward.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 390
  • Good For $1.00 in Merchandise.jpg
    Good For $1.00 in Merchandise.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It was a "Good For" huntin day..

That one would look good in anyone's token collection. Nice find.

S

seger98

Re: It was a "Good For" huntin day..

Very nice token..... WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions