It's here!!

cyperpc

Nov 18, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;Fisher CZ-21; White Classic IDX Pro; White Classic SL
Oh boy! I just saved to get a Fisher CZ-21 but was thinking I should just go for the CTX 3030 because they have come down in price. I need a good saltwater unit and was thinking the Fisher CZ-21 was it. The White MX Sport missed the boat for saltwater IMO.. Now I will have to want a litter longer????

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy! I just saved to get a Fisher CZ-21 but was thinking I should just go for the CTX 3030 because they have come down in price. I need a good saltwater unit and was thinking the Fisher CZ-21 was it. The White MX Sport missed the boat for saltwater IMO.. Now I will have to want a litter longer????
Yeah, somebody needs to change the title of this thread to "It's Here!! (Sometime after February 2018)"

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can't go wrong with the CZ-21. Time the Equinox gets into distribution and the bugs ironed out, assuming it may be a winner, your probably in to spring of 2018. The CZ-21 is the "cat's meow" of saltwater. Technology is proven and there is a big fan base.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the response from minelab I got when I asked them about when they would release the Equinox..

"Ballpark release date is early next year. That is all we have been told so it could be Jan, Feb, Mar or even early April.

Kind Regards,

Minelab Service"

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the headphones (both the 600 & 800) are water proof, or like Garrett, ordered separately, I already have a Pro, and this minelab is a whole new animal, so again, I'm holding off on the MAX.

I cant answer that one yet.... but expect that answer soon.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
salt water proof?

Are you asking whether it is waterproof and can be used in salt water (already answered above = yes to 3 meters with multifrequency capability for salt beach/surf conditions) or are you asking what what the term "salt water proof" means because, yeah, that's not really a thing.

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
He's being jeff-gordon. Tongue-in-cheek.:laughing7:

I think it wasn't a serious question.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you have a large, 8 inch long, iron rod laying an inch above the quarters? (as was done in the test)
No Sir, I did not, it was a spur of the moment thing, I was just surprised is all.

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign me up. I love my Etrac but I also need a waterproof machine.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy heck... if this video is any indication of depth then the Equinox is going to have no problems finding deep goods. (Start video around the 3:10 minute mark). He loosely tests a 2 pound coin, which is a few mm smaller in diameter than a US half. It has no problems picking it up at 13-15". Impressive.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody figure out what all the differences are between the 600 and the 800? I know there is the gold mode and the wireless headphones, but not sure what else.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you dont hunt mineralized ground or look for very small gold then the 600 is the way to go imo. Think I heard the multi frequency system is identical on them

Last edited:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dont hunt mineralized ground or look for very small gold then the 600 is the way to go imo. Think I heard the multi frequency system is identical on them
Kind of what I was thinking, might be the way to go for me.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound like the greatest thing since slice bread! Looks like it could make my safari and eureka obsolete. But will it's response time in the single freq be fast enough to replace my fisher 1235x for competition hunts?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking for a new machine and need one that can perform well in wet sand since I have nothing that does well there since I sold my sovereign(which I regret)....I have been debating on whether to try and find another sovereign just for beach hunting, buy a ctx which I am not crazy about the weight or price of.....or see if the new AT Max really does perform well in wet sand.....now I am very, very tempted to hold off for this seemingly amazing new machine from Minelab. It almost seems they have built the perfect detector....for me anyway. Part of me wants to pre order one tomorrow but the skeptical side says to hold off. My skeptical side was right with the MX Sport....so what do I do???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread