ITS NOT QUANTITY BUT QUALITY RIGHT? and a first for me...

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Small Story...
Today I went to a hunted out spot Johnymc had told me about, I was not real sure of the exact spot but I knew the lactation.
So into the woods I went, made a right and began walking, looking for a sign of recent activity. after an hour of bug, mosquito, tick, and sticker bush infested wood I made an executive decision and I turned around to go back. on the way back I did a little swinging when I could move the coil more than a foot or two.. Surprisingly I got a quarter signal, dug it and out pops a 44 silver 25 cent. (In the middle of the woods) I got back to where I entered the woods and decided to go the other direction when tadaa there is the spot. I detected about an hour and getting ready to leave when I move part of an old tree and swing over the area, I get a silver signal at 2" I dig it and out pops that beautiful 1862 silver three cent. At first I did not even know what it was, flipped it over and saw the (III) yea baby...

Thanks for reading my story and looking...H.H. TnT..
more pix below this post

Attachments

• md1 012.jpg
    md1 012.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coins! Those 3 centers are tough to come by! Work those woods again!

R

realmhunter

I have never heard of anyone discovering of a 3 cent silver piece in hunting travels.. That is trully a rare coin to find. You should be so proud !;D RH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!! On your finds!! That 3 cent is a rare find, havent seen alot of them on here.Congrats and Good luck with the rest!! HH

B

BIG61AL

that's a coin every one dreams of finding and you FOUND one!!!!!!

YOU are one lucky treasure hunter!!!!!!!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Nice three center, your's is in MUCH better shape than mine. Soil out here does terrible things to coins- :-[

Awesome find ;D

OP
OP
TnT2000

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
wow I did not think this coin was that hard to find, althoe as I said I had never seen on other than in the book and I can't believe the size of it. thanks all for the input... TnT

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!! Very nice, WTG!!!
Love that 3 cent piece, totally awesome...
I have been wanting to hit some woods myself. Most of my hunting areas have been hit pretty hard and the finds are getting very scarce. Maybe sometime this winter, as the woods do look a little mean at the moment... ;D
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver, that 3 cent coin is a nice find! HH, Mike

M

mchamby

WTG, I have never seen one of those before, I guess you can take that off your list of things to find. HH
Mchamby

O

Ole Mole

What a sweeeeet find you have there. Just goes to show that places are never hunted out. Your persistence paid off. If I were you I would hit the area hard.

Good Luck and I like the 3 center.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions