ITS NOT QUANTITY BUT QUALITY RIGHT? and a first for me...

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Small Story...
Today I went to a hunted out spot Johnymc had told me about, I was not real sure of the exact spot but I knew the lactation.
So into the woods I went, made a right and began walking, looking for a sign of recent activity. after an hour of bug, mosquito, tick, and sticker bush infested wood I made an executive decision and I turned around to go back. on the way back I did a little swinging when I could move the coil more than a foot or two.. Surprisingly I got a quarter signal, dug it and out pops a 44 silver 25 cent. (In the middle of the woods) I got back to where I entered the woods and decided to go the other direction when tadaa there is the spot. I detected about an hour and getting ready to leave when I move part of an old tree and swing over the area, I get a silver signal at 2" I dig it and out pops that beautiful 1862 silver three cent. At first I did not even know what it was, flipped it over and saw the (III) yea baby...

Thanks for reading my story and looking...H.H. TnT..
more pix below this post

Attachments

• md1 012.jpg
    md1 012.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 0

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
TnT
You are the man. John and I spent about 7+ super hot hours kicking through those woods. I got an 1862 fat injun and he got a shield nickel and a 44 merc. It's def. a winter spot.
Way to go on a SUPER find!
Later bud.
Mark G

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW a three center. My heart would sure be beating fast if I had found a 3 center. Congrats Burdie

D

doyboy

Hell of a find there, buddy! I found an 1853 this year in a park.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
that is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i woods hunt as much as possible,,,, way to go......

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jaw Drop!!!! That 3 piece is amazing. Way to go

ohiograndpa

May 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow....nice finds...where did you say that spot was HAHAHH just kidding..nice finds

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First one I've ever seen,Excellent job....You might want to take a couple of briar's just in case,might be worth it..Very nice!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Quality is right- just for giggles I pulled out mine. I thought it was pretty decent, lol! Compared to this one, I'll take yours anyday. Mine looks like its been shot at and burnt in a campfire, lol! I 'd hazard a guess that that one is in at least AU condition.

Attachments

• 3 center.jpg
    3 center.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 3 center2.jpg
    3 center2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 230

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread