lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been MIA on the beaches for several weeks due to back injury, but today I

resumed my favorite hobby, heading for the nearest beach.

Hunted for only one hour....( per Dr's order.)

It was soooooooooooo good to get out there again after such a long hiatus; met some detecting friends and it was great to chat with them again for a bit.

The beach , although quite sanded in near the shoreline ,had some bare spots mid- way up

so I concentrated in these areas; it's where I dug up the watch...about 6 " deep; it gave off a mid -tone, kind of "growling" sound. I think it is Stainless steel ....in poor condition..too bad.

Didn't find much in the way of treasures, but it was an enjoyable hunt.

Here's some pics.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF1913.JPG

DSCF1914.JPG

DSCF1916.JPG

Upvote 0
Congrats on your finds and glad to see you are recovering well, hope the rest of the recovery is speedy and pain free. Regards Dennis

Take it easy Lorraine, i have back and knee problems and it's no fun at all, i had to cut my hunting time way down, great finds just don't overdo it. HH

Sorry to hear about your back problems, Lorraine. Take it easy when you're at the beach, give your back muscles time to heal. Your finds were not your usual finds, but still interesting. Did that Timex "keep on ticking".
Ed

Last edited:
" Did that Timex "keep on ticking".
Ed[/QUOTE]

That timex has seen its better days....it was not ticking when I found it, nor was it ticking when I threw it in the waste basket after the photo shoot.:laughing7:

Lorraine

What a great way to recooperate! Just remember to follow the Dr's orders. Backs and load bearing joints take time to heal.

That is a nice piece of beach and great finds based on only 1 hour of hunting.

All of my beaches have apparently been hunted out. I can imagine how much stuff you will find when you can spend the entire day. Best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery.

It looks like whatever you are doing, you are doing it well!

Awe my friend,praying for you to get a speedy recovery sorry to hear about your back,but yes baby steps,glad to hear you went out a little better than none:thumbsup:
May GOD comfort and give you strength during this time of healing,,HH:hello:

Good to see you back, and hope for steady improvement in your health so you can enjoy your favorite hobby.

Good to hear your back is better. I have a terrible lower back, the technique you recopmmended on dragging the scoop out is what I do!! Take care. Have you checked out the age of the Timex? Ray

CSMPEREZ, I tried researching it, but couldn't find one like it.; it does look like maybe a '50's style..not sure

Lorraine

LOL! Don't be too quick to throw that Timex away. :laughing7:

The Timex Watch Forum - Welcome to our Home Page[/QUOTE]

Creeker42, thank you for this link, ...I think I'll resurrect the watch from the waste basket and do some further research on it.

Lorraine

Thank you, G. I. B.

This is the beach that I do most of my rocky area detecting in, but the rocks were mostly covered over at this time.

Can't wait for another windy, stormy prediction:headbang:

Lorraine

Last edited:
Lorraine, glad you are getting out again. I can symphatize with you as I have had a serious back injury myself. In pain daily. God Bless,Tim

Glad to see your back my friend Lorraine,Finds
shocked.gif

goodjob.gif
coolpics.gif

I wich you happy hunting next hunt
fall-leaves.gif

Hamid

Sorry to hear about your back problems, Lorraine. Take it easy when you're at the beach, give your back muscles time to heal. Your finds were not your usual finds, but still interesting. Did that Timex "keep on ticking".
Ed
Oh my friend i never saw you, where are you and you registed in Jan 2008 and you post 42 threads, you are right and you are good health. I wish you luck.
Hamid

nice comeback! glad to see you back at it.
DC

Welcome back to the game...good luck out there, hope you have a great year.

Glad you are feeling better Lorraine. I am all too familiar with back problems and having already had back surgery back in 1991. I have to be very careful at what I lift and carry, and what I sleep on and all sorts of stuff....... one move and I can be down for a week or two. Heck, last year I had to call an ambulance on myself because I had no-one to take me to the hospital and I dropped like a lead zeppelin when I tried to get out of bed one morning. Ooowiee-Ouchie. Just from lifting stuff that was not too heavy. So do take care of that back! I feel for ya. Now that I am here in Cheyenne and there is snow on the ground..... it scare's me that I will slip & fall. Have to find my "Yax Trax" in the packed boxes for my boots fast!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back