Trajady

Oct 2, 2013
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my metal detector since Wednesday afternoon, heres todays finds

Here is what I dug up today with my new Garrett AT Pro. The cap gun seems to be copper plated, has a unique pattern down the barrel, and I can't find another like it on google images yet. The hexagon object I only found 4 of those triangular pieces that look like the top of a sea shell. It also folds open. The blade I can't tell much about because of all the rust. I can't find any stamps on it. The two shotgun shell ends are Winchester New Rival 12 gauge and a U.M.C. Co. New Club with a star around the primer. The remaining object that has a crease down it I don't even know what to call. The portrait looks egyptian and to the right of the face there are symbols. On top there is a bird, then something that looks like mountain tops or water, then a reverse nike symbol, and then what looks like an arabian lamp... This was dug up in NW Missouri. Thanks for looking.

PA110500.JPG PA110502.JPG PA110501.JPG PA110503.JPG PA110504.JPG PA110506.JPG

Upvote 8

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post that cap gun in the "what is it" section, there have been a few cap guns posted there that got proper ID's. In fact there is some member on here (forget who sorry) who is like a expert on vintage cap guns on here and can probably ID it for you (what time period,etc)

OP
OP
T

Trajady

Oct 2, 2013
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Perses both objects next to the quarter with the blade are the primer side of 12 gauge shells.

@HutSiteDigger Alright I'll put it up there, thanks for the suggestion.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Trajady, hope you can find out about the cap pistol. I found one of the daisy single cap pistol at a old home place and cant find it in my search so I think I will repost it in ( what is it ) section and see if anyone knows anything about it.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you wtg.Congrats.Good luck with your hunting.

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I just received my new AT Pro yesterday. I am already having tons of fun with it.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the thing with the crease is woman's sash belt buckle. probably dates between 1910 to 1920. the item in the bottom center pic is a lamp finial. I'd clean it up and use it, I think it's cool

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cap gun could be a Kit Carson Indian. Great finds.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
WELCOME TO T-NET!:hello: Groovy finds for your first couple days -- WOW! :wav:

I'm curious to learn what the 6-sided item is with triangular movable flaps - please let us know if you find out. HAVE FUN! Andi

OP
OP
T

Trajady

Oct 2, 2013
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I found out after posting on the what is it thread that the cap gun is a 1950s cap gun that had copper as the base plating and then chrome over the copper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions