January 1st, cold windy day at the drive in

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I wanted to dig on the first day of the New Year, but the ground was frozen and it was 15 at 8 am. My buddy Brandon had called me and said he found an old abandoned drive in theater. I've had some good luck at drive-in's in the past and they have gravel which is easier to dig in when the ground is frozen. We headed out around 1pm after the temp had risen to a balmy 28 degrees. I didn't have a chance to see how old this drive in was, but it was the best thing going today. The first coin was a 1965 memorial. The tabs and tab pieces were everywhere, so I cranked up the discrimination on my CZ5 to 5. That's higher than I normally use. I dug 6 clad dimes, 1 clad quarter and 2 pennies all from the 60's and 70's. I also dug 623,567 bottle caps, give or take 623,500. Hey!!! at least I got out.

Attachments

• showboattitle.gif
    showboattitle.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I know how strong a "silver fix" can be.

Wow, that's some really cold hunting. Temps like that in my area are non-existent, except in the mountains.

Silver or not, you got out, and that's all that mattered.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread