Jaw-dropping 1 hour hunt at beat to death park !!!

Mike Moutray

Nov 18, 2007
St. Louis, MO. / Naples, FL.
Detector(s) used
Explorer2/Excalibur
Had an hour or 2 to kill at pounded to death ghetto park. Hunted a spot that has been beat to death by Explorers... not by choice, only because the grass was just cut and that was the only spot in the park that wasn't 2 feet deep in grass. I was hoping for a stray indian or maybe a silver dime in the trash, but was shocked at all the signals I got!!! they were all inbetween zillions of pulltabs and iron and most of these targets came out of the hole with a trash items. The ground conditions were perfect which was why I got so many good signals to dig.

1901O, 1910, 1914 Barber Dimes... 1917D Merc... 1964D Roosy - barely legal :wink:... 1906 V Nickel... 1890, (2)1899, 1902 Indians... Transit Token... couple of buttons... and not pictured - 10 wheaties. Quite an impressive haul for a spare hour to hunt around here! HH, Mike.

12jun08finds.JPG

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike the vacuum man cleans up again. WTG MM!! I am sure the ground conditions had a little bit to do with the unexpected finds, but somehow I think you had much more to do with it. :thumbsup:

Don

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of oldies Mike. It's amazing how the old silver is still hidin' in the junk after all these years.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice haul...I think I would be cutting the grass there for them.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
How were you able to pull a V amongst zillions of pulltabs? You're a magician!

That's what I call "Getting The Job Done"!!

Congrats, Mike!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Formula1BMW

May 29, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Hey, great finds! I'm hunting a park now that has tons of trash tones too, although I'm not finding much, although I am ignoring most of the trash tones, I wonder....

OP
OP
Mike Moutray

Mike Moutray

Nov 18, 2007
St. Louis, MO. / Naples, FL.
Detector(s) used
Explorer2/Excalibur
Captn_SE said:
How were you able to pull a V amongst zillions of pulltabs? You're a magician!

That's what I call "Getting The Job Done"!!

Congrats, Mike!

CAPTN SE
Dan
I hunt in iron mask -12 which is nearly all metals and the constant tone of the barrage of pulltab hits makes you "tone deaf" to them after a while and the lower hit of nickels come thru to my brain just as good as the high hit of copper and silver. I found a couple old jeff nickels too, didnt put them in pic. Hunting that way is not for the faint of heart or the impatient people! :D Take care, Mike.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks, Mike, for the info. Somehow in my mind, I was thinking about a zillion beaver tails. Those guys are very tough to decipher between nickels. Pull tabs are much easier.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, looks like a fun hunt!

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Whoa Mike,

That's quite a haul for an hours or 200! :thumbsup:
Was this your first time at this park?