JESSE JAMES AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE A JOINT VENTURE

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet I could give you a tour you would never forget Sir. It would be interesting to see how much of it you had noticed already on your visits there.

L.C.

THAT would take a a couple of days talking with someone who is interested in tombstone meanings in that cemetery! It's a treasure! It would be fun though. There are a few cemeteries in Kansas City you would like too.

If you have an hour to spare que up online....Charles Gusewelle 'Stories Under The Stone' You will like that documentary. Wyuka is featured too.

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
THAT would take a a couple of days talking with someone who is interested in tombstone meanings in that cemetery! It's a treasure! It would be fun though. There are a few cemeteries in Kansas City you would like too.

If you have an hour to spare que up online....Charles Gusewelle 'Stories Under The Stone' You will like that documentary. Wyuka is featured too.

Kace

The meanings may differ, but when they produce map pieces it is not a meaning anymore, it is a direction,heading and distance to the next marker. The multiple meanings are what they counted on, it is how they left a symbol in plain sight for 100 years. As obvious as that little turtle was on Mr. Morton's railing it took many many years to discover it's true meaning left by the K.G.C. Thousands of people filed past it and never knew it for more than it appeared to them to be until the right man came along and seen it as a treasure symbol.

L.C.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Give me your opinion on this if you would...

The photograph of Jesse James taken in Nebraska...I know it's said to be from 1875, but the photo says JWJ was 27yrs old

JWJ was born September 5th, 1847

JWJ married Zee in April of 1874...He was 26yrs old

AFJ married Annie in June of 1874 in Omaha, Nebraska

JWJ didn't turn 27yrs old til September 5th of 1874

JS Morton's Arbor Day was First Observed in April of 1874....Proclaimed in March 1874, but not observed til April 10th, 1874.

Everything concerning Morton and James' happened in 1874.

Didn't you have something with 18 74 on it?

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever heard of Pierce county Nebraska? It was named for President Franklin Pierce and then changed in 1855. Why would you name a Capitol after a dead president and also rename another county that was named after a previous president? Where is the logic in that? There is logic if you read between the lines. It is a fact that Secretary of State William H. Seward, suggested that former president Franklin Pierce, who was greatly critical of the Lincoln administration's war policies, was an active member of the Knights of the Golden Circle. It is also a fact that Nebraska City stands in what was Pierce County Nebraska.

L.C.

Franklin Pierce.jpg

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still looking at your Dad's maps...

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still looking at your Dad's maps...

Wish I could show you the whole thing, it would make the hairs on your neck stand up. That is just a field map he drew to carry with us in the field, but it has all of the markings on it, except for the side markings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Give me your opinion on this if you would...

The photograph of Jesse James taken in Nebraska...I know it's said to be from 1875, but the photo says JWJ was 27yrs old

JWJ was born September 5th, 1847

JWJ married Zee in April of 1874...He was 26yrs old

AFJ married Annie in June of 1874 in Omaha, Nebraska

JWJ didn't turn 27yrs old til September 5th of 1874

JS Morton's Arbor Day was First Observed in April of 1874....Proclaimed in March 1874, but not observed til April 10th, 1874.

Everything concerning Morton and James' happened in 1874.

Didn't you have something with 18 74 on it?

Kace

Morton's birthday, was selected as the date for its permanent observance. Yes we have a map piece with 1874 on it, but it may or may not pertain to a year. As far as Jesse's age, I would guess a clerical error of some sort. I find all of those things in 1874 you mentioned interesting.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The meanings may differ, but when they produce map pieces it is not a meaning anymore, it is a direction,heading and distance to the next marker. The multiple meanings are what they counted on, it is how they left a symbol in plain sight for 100 years. As obvious as that little turtle was on Mr. Morton's railing it took many many years to discover it's true meaning left by the K.G.C. Thousands of people filed past it and never knew it for more than it appeared to them to be until the right man came along and seen it as a treasure symbol.

L.C.

I wasn't clear...I'm a big believer in cemetery clues...I'm also a HUGE believer in tombstones with fake names at the head of graves without People Ever being buried in them. I also am a believer in Really Reading inscriptions on tombstones.

Family plots at homeplaces are a perfect place to hide Anything.

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to turn into a pumpkin pretty quick! it is after midnight! May we continue this at a later date, I have enjoyed it. Until then, good night.

:occasion14:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish I could show you the whole thing, it would make the hairs on your neck stand up. That is just a field map he drew to carry with us in the field, but it has all of the markings on it.

I'd love to see it but I completely understand keeping it to yourself.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to turn into a pumpkin pretty quick! it is after midnight! May we continue this at a later date, I have enjoyed it. Until then, good night.

:occasion14:

I really enjoyed our conversation too...I believe there are more ties to the areas I'm in and yours to explore.

The field map you posted...Are there any symbols or writings that you could post without compromising what you have put together so far? If not, I understand.

You mentioned that you might have to leave Nebraska for another piece of the puzzle...Without revealing too much, are you able to say what state you are thinking you might have to go? Again, I understand if you can't say.

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd love to see it but I completely understand keeping it to yourself.

It has been in my family for over 40 years. Although it was never an everyday hunt for us, our minds were always working on it and coming up with something else to try. My Dad and the man who found the first piece spent many work nights going over topographical maps pinned up in our basement on the walls. They were trying to locate the mapped area for many years, and my Dad was down there every night it seemed like. My father and I finally did locate it years after that when I was a man. The internet came along and helped out quite a bit, but we spent many hours still doing it the old fashioned way too, that is what eventually paid off. Then we came to the realization that it was a map on a map, and finally that it was K.G.C., all of which never happened over night. After all of those years we are finally reading the symbols and understanding them, and most of all that they are not specific. Unfortunately it takes time and money to try each thing one at a time and check it off, especially when you are trying to feed your family, raise your kids, pay the bills. "Life Happens", and then your buying diapers,,,,,:angel3: It has been a long row to hoe and we will probably die digging. We are both Freemasons, and I believe that has helped us along the way. All you have to do is ask one to be one if you are interested in gaining that knowledge and improving your arsenal in the field. I find it very interesting that the original letter has a date on it of Dec, 10th, 1908 and was decoded with a document from 1896 which only coincides with some of the pieces we have. In other words, the older the trail gets the older the code and symbols are that were used. It is more proof of the transformation of the organization over the years that I can not make 100% public.
Along the way I became sidetracked on the Lincoln implications once I had identified Ben Ficklin in the mix with Russel Majors and Waddell............ & S.F. Nuckolls & John B. Floyd their silent partners. That cost me a few years in the archives as well, but it was well worth the time to try and find the truth, plus during that time I came acrossed the original letter from Lewis Cass to Gov. Francis Burt still in the original envelope in the archives. With Julius S.Morton identified as K.G.C. it was some pretty damn good proof that Franklin Pierce was involved in the take over of the Nebraska Territory. That left "ME" with no doubt that at one time the K.G.C. controlled this government from its highest seat of office. All of that history had very little to do with what was left by the K.G.C. after the Civil War began, but that is where the row began...in the ground under a turtles nose. I really would like to see what they left behind with this map, especially for my Father.

L.C.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been in my family for over 40 years. Although it was never an everyday hunt for us, our minds were always working on it and coming up with something else to try. My Dad and the man who found the first piece spent many work nights going over topographical maps pinned up in our basement on the walls. They were trying to locate the mapped area for many years, and my Dad was down there every night it seemed like. My father and I finally did locate it years after that when I was a man. The internet came along and helped out quite a bit, but we spent many hours still doing it the old fashioned way too, that is what eventually paid off. Then we came to the realization that it was a map on a map, and finally that it was K.G.C., all of which never happened over night. After all of those years we are finally reading the symbols and understanding them, and most of all that they are not specific. Unfortunately it takes time and money to try each thing one at a time and check it off, especially when you are trying to feed your family, raise your kids, pay the bills. "Life Happens", and then your buying diapers,,,,,:angel3: It has been a long row to hoe and we will probably die digging. We are both Freemasons, and I believe that has helped us along the way. All you have to do is ask one to be one if you are interested in gaining that knowledge and improving your arsenal in the field. I find it very interesting that the original letter has a date on it of Dec, 10th, 1908 and was decoded with a document from 1896 which only coincides with some of the pieces we have. In other words, the older the trail gets the older the code and symbols are that were used. It is more proof of the transformation of the organization over the years that I can not make 100% public.
Along the way I became sidetracked on the Lincoln implications once I had identified Ben Ficklin in the mix with Russel Majors and Waddell............ & S.F. Nuckolls & John B. Floyd their silent partners. That cost me a few years in the archives as well, but it was well worth the time to try and find the truth, plus during that time I came acrossed the original letter from Lewis Cass to Gov. Francis Burt still in the original envelope in the archives. With Julius S.Morton identified as K.G.C. it was some pretty damn good proof that Franklin Pierce was involved in the take over of the Nebraska Territory. That left "ME" with no doubt that at one time the K.G.C. controlled this government from its highest seat of office. All of that history had very little to do with what was left by the K.G.C. after the Civil War began, but that is where the row began...in the ground under a turtles nose. I really would like to see what they left behind with this map, especially for my Father.

L.C.:icon_thumright:

I Love Your Story! Thanks for sharing that LC and I Sincerely Hope You Can Complete This Quest With Your Dad!! It looks like you've put a lot together over the years.

I promised my Grandmother I'd find the truth for her on a fringe player of these topics and I couldn't do it before she passed...It's always bothered me. She was determined we go down home one day... we went to a lot of the places we always did at the farm... She repeated many things like they always did with me...Our last stop was at my Grandfathers grave...Within a week she was laying next to him. It crushed me.

Your story is similar to mine except mine is multi generational...and because of that I did have the old knowledge shared...I didn't have to start at ground zero so to speak. I still have to research and get my boots dirty, but I did get some invaluable tips on that too.

I like to learn from the people who really take the time to research, go to the archives and historical societies, get out in the field or cemetery and not just believe everything online or in books that have been copied from the ones written before as fact. I've met some really good researchers on here that ask great questions and give great answers.

I can tell you and your father have researched many avenues...I know from experience you can hit dead ends that way, but usually there is some truth to everything. Even if it's hidden in garbage and lies. You get information to lead another way.

Have you and your father been to Lake City in your travels?

I know you don't know me but I would never intrude on others hunts...Your story about you and your father just struck a chord with me. I don't want you to share too much... generalizations are fine if you are comfortable with that. Since some of the areas and people overlap...I might be able to give you ideas and locations that aren't readily available to access if you aren't known. What you guys are doing has nothing at all to do with me.

Kace

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a blanked out photo of my Father's cardboard field map. As you can see the map is made of three separate pieces, two crosses and a heart piece. The red dots are holes in the medallions where they were tethered. My dad colored them red so he would not think they were another dot on the map. The pieces are enlarged on this map as the original lead pieces are only about 3 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches wide and 3/8 inch thick. He drew them larger on the field map to make it easier to read. The originals are blackened with age and hard to see without magnification, but still very readable. We suspect a fourth piece may yet be found. If so, we may end up out of the State of Nebraska. Sorry not to show you more of the maps themselves,
hope you understand. I will tell you that each piece is a map in it's self before it plugs into the others to make an entirely different map all together.
That is one of the things makes it hard to decipher as each piece has unused symbols that pertain to a larger map it is part of. View attachment 1526395

LC that is impressive! I am fascinated by this. The fact the individual smaller pieces you have located, come together to make another is just WOW!
And when they come together, the holes in the pendants form a square! That is also just WOW! Bravo to you and your dad! 1000 likes!
Have you been able to determine the locations of the pendant holes?
I suspect (IMO) this square, is a clue to what you seek. A boundary line of sorts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I Love Your Story! Thanks for sharing that LC and I Sincerely Hope You Can Complete This Quest With Your Dad!! It looks like you've put a lot together over the years.

I promised my Grandmother I'd find the truth for her on a fringe player of these topics and I couldn't do it before she passed...It's always bothered me. She was determined we go down home one day... we went to a lot of the places we always did at the farm... She repeated many things like they always did with me...Our last stop was at my Grandfathers grave...Within a week she was laying next to him. It crushed me.

Your story is similar to mine except mine is multi generational...and because of that I did have the old knowledge shared...I didn't have to start at ground zero so to speak. I still have to research and get my boots dirty, but I did get some invaluable tips on that too.

I like to learn from the people who really take the time to research, go to the archives and historical societies, get out in the field or cemetery and not just believe everything online or in books that have been copied from the ones written before as fact. I've met some really good researchers on here that ask great questions and give great answers.

I can tell you and your father have researched many avenues...I know from experience you can hit dead ends that way, but usually there is some truth to everything. Even if it's hidden in garbage and lies. You get information to lead another way.

Have you and your father been to Lake City in your travels?

I know you don't know me but I would never intrude on others hunts...Your story about you and your father just struck a chord with me. I don't want you to share too much... generalizations are fine if you are comfortable with that. Since some of the areas and people overlap...I might be able to give you ideas and locations that aren't readily available to access if you aren't known. What you guys are doing has nothing at all to do with me.

Kace

Thanks for the kind offer, I will keep it in mind. You can never have enough help when it comes to symbolism and ciphers. Undoubtedly you will be digging for what you seek until you find it or die trying to. Is there any story of treasure being left in your area? Something to lead you to believe an amount was left there? That is how I restarted out with a clean slate and researched the people we had identified as K.G.C. to their core and back again. Diaries are a big help, or a friend of theirs who may have had loose lips in a personal letter. Good luck on your hunt!

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
LC that is impressive! I am fascinated by this. The fact the individual smaller pieces you have located, come together to make another is just WOW!
And when they come together, the holes in the pendants form a square! That is also just WOW! Bravo to you and your dad! 1000 likes!
Have you been able to determine the locations of the pendant holes?
I suspect (IMO) this square, is a clue to what you seek. A boundary line of sorts.

There are two sides to the map pieces as well, a front and a back that contain more symbols and dots that are like little keys to the other pieces. The way it is set up you have to have one piece to completely decode the other plus everything you have learned along the way. No one person that had a piece of it could have found the big kahoona (s). They were a crafty bunch. Who did they trust to make the map? It took years to locate the big map on the earth, we have a lot of things to try and exact locations to search that we were led to. The speculations are endless as you can imagine, so we are trying to concentrate on what we have located from the deciphering. If I had the money for equipment and personnel I could keep em busy for sure.

L.C.

Last edited:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LC - any link between JJ and Oklahoma ? I have an elderly neighbor who told me a story a few years ago , I plan to see him this weekend maybe I can get additional facts You never know

My apologies for being nearly 4 years late in answering your question but, yes, Jesse James had a lot of connections to the Indian Territory, later known as Oklahoma. I recommend you read the book "The Truth About Jesse James" by Rudy Turilli. There should be some old copies available on eBay. Lawton, Oklahoma was where Jesse (who had been operating under the name of J. Frank Dalton) publicly revealed his true identity when he was 100 years old in 1948. Also, I encourage you and anyone else who is interested to view my Jesse and Frank James Photo album at the Bloody Bill Anderson link below.
~Texas Jay

Home - William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson

LawtonConstitutionJesseJames-1948.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
My apologies for being nearly 4 years late in answering your question but, yes, Jesse James had a lot of connections to the Indian Territory, later known as Oklahoma. I recommend you read the book "The Truth About Jesse James" by Rudy Turilli. There should be some old copies available on eBay. Lawton, Oklahoma was where Jesse (who had been operating under the name of J. Frank Dalton) publicly revealed his true identity when he was 100 years old in 1948. Also, I encourage you and anyone else who is interested to view my Jesse and Frank James Photo album at the Bloody Bill Anderson link below.
~Texas Jay

Home - William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson

View attachment 1527343

Has there ever been a DNA test on Dalton/Jesse ? It seems to me I remember reading about something to that effect, maybe on one of your sites Jay? That is a pretty cool clip of the old man, did you see the size of that crowd? They look like believers to me!

L.C.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A member of our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group. Bud Hardcastle, was given permission to exhume Jesse's grave in Granbury in either 2000 or 2002. When they exhumed the grave beneath the Jesse Woodson James headstone, they unearthed the casket of a one-armed man named Henry Holland, not Dalton/James. Bud believes that Jesse's grave is in the next lot over and he went back to the judge and requested permission to exhume the next grave over and was denied. So, no, Dalton/Jesse has never undergone a DNA analysis. Bud hasn't given up hope of convincing a judge to allow him to exhume the right grave. I'm attaching a photo of that exhumation at Granbury.
~Texas Jay

More photos and information: http://bloodybillanderson.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=15837562

exhumingDaltonGranbury1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread