JESSE JAMES AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE A JOINT VENTURE

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Perhaps an essay on perseverance in the midst of opposition, without engaging in contentious disputation. To the divinely inspired justice will prevail, unto the face of hubris....and the deluded.

Take heart, L.C., there are still those with an eye to see and an ear to hear. :wink:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This photo of Jesse James was taken at Nebraska City, Nebraska when the population in that city was over 5,000 people. The James brothers were most active as members of their own gang from about 1866 until 1876. .....BUT not in Nebraska City, Nebraska. In 1875 Jesse James and a group of men that most likely included a man from
Nebraska City who was a Banker and Jesse's good friend and Masonic Brother. This man named Logan Enyart was a retired Civil War C.S.A. Col. and a Knight of the K.G.C. His first wife Lucy Chiles had brothers that road with Quantrill's Raiders. Richard Chiles was one of the first men to raise the Missouri troops and his brother in law Logan Enyart was chosen for captain of his unit. Shortly after War was declared against the South, Richard Chiles resigned his commission and joined Quantrill......at any rate, the group that included the outlaws road past the jail and courthouse down the middle of main street and went inside a business there to have this photo made. After attracting that much public attention he sat still and posed for a picture. Think about this next Arbor Day, and plant an O.A.K. tree! jesse_james_1875_nebraska_city_nebraska_poster-rc109d91ea8f4446b9e65da178f12a9b0_wqsu7_8byvr_540.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Man had fallen, but not by the tempting of the serpent. For, with the Phœnicians, the serpent was deemed to partake of the Divine Nature, and was sacred, as he was in Egypt. He was deemed to be immortal, unless slain by violence, becoming young again in his old age, by entering into and consuming himself. Hence the Serpent in a circle, holding his tail in his mouth, was an emblem of eternity. With the head of a hawk he was of a Divine Nature, and a symbol of the sun. Hence one Sect of the Gnostics took him for their good genius, and hence the brazen serpent reared by Moses in the Desert, on which the Israelites looked and lived. - A Pike

snake.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That is actually supposed to be an E with the crescent moon or waxing moon as you call it. I believe it was symbolizing a new beginning, is that correct? The man who it belong's to, was well connected with Jesse W. James and Qauntrill's gang. Jesse and his whole gang would show up on a regular basis at the mans house. from time to time, perhaps to drop something off and pick something up. They were "Brothers of Lasting Faith," and worked together nicely.

L.C.

In my honest opinion, "If a person was to look up Hard Core Rebel in the dictionary, there should be a picture of him beside the definition.

The James/Enyart/ Quantrill link explained

During the Civil War about 150 Daviess County men were in the Confederate service. Of those at least 90 were in the Missouri Brigade CSA. Most of these Daviess County men responded to the call of Governor Jackson in June 1861 and became part of the Missouri State Guard (MOSG).
During the Civil War about 150 Daviess County men were in the Confederate service. Of those at least 90 were in the Missouri Brigade CSA. Most of these Daviess County men responded to the call of Governor Jackson in June 1861 and became part of the Missouri State Guard (MOSG).

They reported to J.H. Winston of Platte County and were placed under Col. Elijah E. Gates (1827-1915) who was from Easton, Buchanan County. Lt. Col. Richard Chiles of Gates staff formed a company of Pattonsburg men with a few from other towns in Daviess County.

The Chiles Battalion served about 4? months with battles at Blue Mills and Lexington. The first Daviess County man killed is believed to have been David Enyart, captain of Company G, MOSG, 1st Calvary, 4th Division. He was killed in action on Aug. 10, 1861, at the battle of Wilson’s Creek, Mo.

Lt. Col. Chiles from Pattonsburg was married to Permilia G. Enyart, daughter of H.W. and Mary Ann Enyart. Permilia’s brother, Logan Enyart, Captain CSA, commanded Company B, Extra Cavalry Battalion (ECB), 4th Division of the MOSG and commanded Co.G of the 1st Mo. Calvary after it was organized in December 1861 at Springfield. February 2004 ? Daviess County Historical Society enyart.jpg Enyart Moon.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
People often ask why didn't the Rebels buy more bullets and powder with all of that gold if they really had it. When Logan Enyart died he made his brother Ab Enyart the richest man in the world at that time. The first to die over the wealth was a lawyer named Black who traveled to Ordway Colorado to make Ab Enyart produce the deed for the Towanda oil well property as well as a detailed list of what he had inherited from his brother. He was shot inside Ab Enyart's bank which brother Logan had also loaned money. The Lawyer Black had arrived at Ab Enyart's farm the day before and was told by Ab it was too late to meet and to come and see him at the Bank in the morning. It was a Sunday morning and the bank was normally closed. Enyart claims that the Lawyer tried to rob him at gun point.....:icon_scratch: The litigation and Ab Enyart murder/ self defense trials that follows is a real "judicial joke" and worth the time to read if you want. The property was transferred to Ab Enyart's relative who happened to be the sheriff. After that man died Ab Enyart's widow fought for the property back because Ab had only given the sherriff a warranty deed. and from there it continues. All of those years and the oil is still pumping out of the well into somebodies pocket who may or may not know it was K.G.C. gold, some of it possibly deposited by Jesse James via Logan Enyart that bought that Towanda property after it was surveyed by and for the K.G.C./ O.A.K. who were at the head of the oil game just like they were at the salt game, railroad game,refrigerated beef car, telegraph and teletype, etc. etc.

L.C.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wasn't SHELL OIL Company involved as a "SHELL Company" for OAK at one time, with WEALTHY old men of OAK playing with $$$$$$$$$$$$$...? LOTS of it!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to find a copy of this book.....

The Enyart family, 1625-1975 by Lorence M Enyart (1976)

Hi LC...

I've read most of your threads/posts and haven't seen where you've found this book you were looking for...

It's by Lawrence Enyart

The family descended from Carel Enjart...The Enjart sur name spelling was changed to Enyart during immigration.

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi LC...

I've read most of your threads/posts and haven't seen where you've found this book you were looking for...

It's by Lawrence Enyart

The family descended from Carel Enjart...The Enjart sur name spelling was changed to Enyart during immigration.

Kace

No Sir, only some excerpts from it at this time that are posted in the Enyart archives on line. Thanks for reminding me to buy a copy.

L.C.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep in mind that an acre of land was worth less than $5.00. One of the K.G.C.'s first plans was to obtain vast amounts of land. They started when it was worth about $1.00 an acre. By the time Jesse James was done stoking the till and he was ready to retire in 1881, He didn't really need any money. Jesse was like a made man, his future was secured by his "Brothers of Lasting Faith". Ever wonder why Jesse Woodson James had a really good picture of himself taken in 1881? If the K.G.C. was capable of getting John Wilkes Booth to freedom in Texas, it stands to reason that they certainly had a good plan for their number one fund raiser Jesse Woodson James.
These two suspected getaways have a whole lot more in common than the general public has been informed of. Once all of the facts are known, the provability factor of their individual escapes begin to sail.

L.C. Baker :thumbsup:

The last ride of Jesse James: Infamous outlaw?s last crime was robbing the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers > Headquarters U.S. Army Corps of Engineers > Story Article View

Hi LC...I was wondering, which picture of Jesse Woodson James you were referring to that was taken in 1881? Could you post it here or where could it be seen?

Thanks,
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Jesse James was above all else a Freemason, and that made him well accepted amongst true friends. They don't just hand out the masonic badge to anyone, you have to be accepted unanimously by them. If he was of questionable character, he would never have made it past that part of the entrance to Freemasonry. Men of that kind of character do not run amuck robbing for no good reason, or their own malevolence.

Hi Again..I've studied Jesse W. James, Quantrell, Anderson and other Missouri outlaws and Civil War participants since I was a kid and more recently I'm trying to find information about KGC...I could never and can't find Jesse Woodson James listed anywhere as a Freemason from back in his day...of course that's said on forums, but without details of where or when he was initiated.

What lodge did he belong to or where could I find that information? You must of found what I can't since you said they don't hand out Masonic badges to just anyone!

Thanks LC,
Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Jesse was made a Mason-At-Sight by Albert Pike, CSA; a 32nd Degree. "M-A-S" could be done back then by Grand-Masters, etc. NO need for Lodge affiliations, etc.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Jesse was made a Mason-At-Sight by Albert Pike, CSA; a 33rd Degree. "M-A-S" could be done back then by Grand-Masters, etc. NO need for Lodge affiliations, etc. "JJ" became a 32nd, so he could be "in charge" of KGC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Comptroller). "Google" Making a Mason At Sight.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Jesse was made a Mason-At-Sight by Albert Pike, CSA; a 33rd Degree. "M-A-S" could be done back then by Grand-Masters, etc. NO need for Lodge affiliations, etc. "JJ" became a 32nd, so he could be "in charge" of KGC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. "Google" Making a Mason At Sight.

Ok Thanks...Where do I find that Albert Pike made Jesse W James...Outlaw, a Mason At Sight?

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
e
Ok Thanks...Where do I find that Albert Pike made Jesse W James...Outlaw, a Mason At Sight?

Kace
I have done R & I on it; seen it on MANY diverse sites; are YOU in the "PROVENANCE" game of ECS/bigscoop, now...? "Google" Jesse James, made a MASON a-sight by Albert Pike; MAY find something, dunno.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done R & I on it; seen it on MANY diverse sites; are YOU in the "PROVENANCE" game of ECS/bigscoop, now...? "Google" Jesse James, mad a MASON a-sight by Albert Pike; MAY find something, dunno.

Webel...I asked a valid question to LC...I've about had it with your insults hiding behind your keyboard so knock it off.

If you choose to believe everything you read, Great! There are Some Folks who want to research facts. That's why I asked LC...

If JWJ being a Freemason is an assumption..that's fine too. Say So. I'm trying to learn about KGC.

You've got Many Diverse Sites showing JWJ was a Freemason....Share...because I can't find it.

What's a bigscoop?

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi LC...I was wondering, which picture of Jesse Woodson James you were referring to that was taken in 1881? Could you post it here or where could it be seen?

Thanks,
Kace

I was mistaken on the date of the photo I was referring to that was taken in Nebraska City in 1875. I don't doubt the purposes of it being taken in Nebraska City during that period as being well thought out. It was mainly to let the public have a glimpse of the real man for comparison. There was a lot of thieving and killing going on around the country being tied to Jesse James and his gang that had absolutely nothing to do with them, and in some instances Jesse and the gang were 1000 miles away from what they were accused of. That would be a disgrace to Jesse, the K.G.C. and the Freemasons of which he was a brother. Much like today, the press ran what they were told to run. It was also an act of defiance from the organization that was in control of Nebraska City at that time. In 1875 Jesse was a wanted man. https://historical.ha.com/itm/weste...ouri-in-response-to-the-kansas/a/6110-44065.s. He road his horse down main street past the courthouse and the Sheriff's office to sit still for this picture. It is safe to say he was among brothers in Nebraska City.

L.C.
This is the photo I was referring to Kace, and I thank you for correcting me on the date Sir.

Jim McKee: Jesse James had ties to Nebraska | The (402)411 | journalstar.com

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread