OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
“Once a Mason, always a Mason” is a truth, no matter how little interest the member may take, no matter if he demits, no matter if he be dropped N.P.D. or even expelled; he cannot “un-make” himself as a Mason. Was Thomas Jefferson a Freemason? Julius Morton? Jesse James? Funny thing about secret societies is they are secret. If there are secrets within that society they will be very hard to uncover using traditional methods. I would suggest that the truth would be easier to find and decipher if one was a Freemason. The archives of Nebraska City Lodge were burned to protect just that sort of thing coming to light on May 12th 1860. Nebraska City Fire, 1860 It is no coincidence that fire took place just five days after a Raleigh, North Carolina, meeting of the K.G.C. on May 7, 1860 in which the earliest preparations of Civil War were discussed by the opposing team who thought it best that all records be destroyed to protect the Knights in the coming days. That fire in Nebraska City included the news press and subscription list as well as the I.O.O.F. and Masonic records in the lodge that was above S.F. Nuckolls "Brick" building that was on the opposite side of the street from the prevailing winds.... Some proof went up in flames that day.

This is some overlooked early masonic history that may or may not give you some insight on the numbers attending in those days as well as the secret society being at the foundation of westward expansion. They wanted control of territories even before they were states. Also you can see from where these Freemasons first came West. Grand Lodge of A.F. & A.M. of Colorado :: Website

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Look close at this list, as #1 actually came from #2 if you read the history. https://www.glne.org/lodgeinformation.html
The Nebraska City lodge is also the wealthiest lodge in the entire state of Nebraska. One only has to look at the population of Grand Island, Lincoln, Omaha, etc.etc. to notice that some truth is there to seek. The population of Nebraska City is now around 8,000 people. How many of them are Freemasons? The Population of Omaha is around 500,000 at this time. What makes Nebraska City Lodge so wealthy? Nebraska city was built with the intentions of being named the Capitol of Nebraska. There is a reason that Lincoln became the capitol of Nebraska and had it's name changed to '"Lincoln" it is called marterizm. It is the same reason that Seward County Nebraska was organized in "1867", but it was originally called Greene County, and in "1862" it was renamed in honor of William H. Seward. There were strong feelings in an ongoing hidden war that took place behind the public office. History books have a way with candy coating, half telling, and in some cases, even omitting the truth.

L.C.

Link to Seward. https://www.britannica.com/event/Anti-Masonic-Movement

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I was mistaken on the date of the photo I was referring to that was taken in Nebraska City in 1875. I don't doubt the purposes of it being taken in Nebraska City during that period as being well thought out. It was mainly to let the public have a glimpse of the real man for comparison. There was a lot of thieving and killing going on around the country being tied to Jesse James and his gang that had absolutely nothing to do with them, and in some instances Jesse and the gang were 1000 miles away from what they were accused of. That would be a disgrace to Jesse, the K.G.C. and the Freemasons of which he was a brother. Much like today, the press ran what they were told to run. It was also an act of defiance from the organization that was in control of Nebraska City at that time. In 1875 Jesse was a wanted man. https://historical.ha.com/itm/weste...ouri-in-response-to-the-kansas/a/6110-44065.s. He road his horse down main street past the courthouse and the Sheriff's office to sit still for this picture. It is safe to say he was among brothers in Nebraska City.

L.C.
This is the photo I was referring to Kace, and I thank you for correcting me on the date Sir.

Jim McKee: Jesse James had ties to Nebraska | The (402)411 | journalstar.com

This seems to fit good also. "Frank James, too, left clear tracks. He married Anni Ralston in Omaha in June 1874, and much later returned several times to Nebraska City, once driving a stagecoach from Arbor Lodge in a parade..."

L.C.:thumbsup:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was mistaken on the date of the photo I was referring to that was taken in Nebraska City in 1875. I don't doubt the purposes of it being taken in Nebraska City during that period as being well thought out. It was mainly to let the public have a glimpse of the real man for comparison. There was a lot of thieving and killing going on around the country being tied to Jesse James and his gang that had absolutely nothing to do with them, and in some instances Jesse and the gang were 1000 miles away from what they were accused of. That would be a disgrace to Jesse, the K.G.C. and the Freemasons of which he was a brother. Much like today, the press ran what they were told to run. It was also an act of defiance from the organization that was in control of Nebraska City at that time. In 1875 Jesse was a wanted man. https://historical.ha.com/itm/weste...ouri-in-response-to-the-kansas/a/6110-44065.s. He road his horse down main street past the courthouse and the Sheriff's office to sit still for this picture. It is safe to say he was among brothers in Nebraska City.

L.C.
This is the photo I was referring to Kace, and I thank you for correcting me on the date Sir.

Jim McKee: Jesse James had ties to Nebraska | The (402)411 | journalstar.com

Thank You LC...

I agree that many things were attributed to him that he had nothing to do with!

It's interesting the core areas that he, Frank James, the Younger Brothers and others that were associated could go freely...There are areas of MO, not only parts of Clay County but south of there too that were like that for them. Completely protected from everyone! I have some written family stories of the signals that were given to them when they were in Monegaw Springs in St Clair County, MO to let them know if any outsiders were around and which way to come in undetected.

They played at Monegaw Springs without worry, bought horses at the farm at Lake City to race and both married in 1874..and like you said Frank married in Omaha, Nebraska.

I wasn't trying to correct you though...I just wondered if there was a photo made of him I missed!

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You LC...

I agree that many things were attributed to him that he had nothing to do with!

It's interesting the core areas that he, Frank James, the Younger Brothers and others that were associated could go freely...There are areas of MO, not only parts of Clay County but south of there too that were like that for them. Completely protected from everyone! I have some written family stories of the signals that were given to them when they were in Monegaw Springs in St Clair County, MO to let them know if any outsiders were around and which way to come in undetected.

They played at Monegaw Springs without worry, bought horses at the farm at Lake City to race and both married in 1874..and like you said Frank married in Omaha, Nebraska.

I wasn't trying to correct you though...I just wondered if there was a photo made of him I missed!

Kace

I am curious, did they leave any symbolism, trail markers, compass points, maps to depositories or caches still hidden, or any that were ever found in those places that you could post? Below is a K.G.C. compass point left by the K.G.C. in Nebraska City, Nebraska.

Thanks, L.C.

G.JPG

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
“Once a Mason, always a Mason” is a truth, no matter how little interest the member may take, no matter if he demits, no matter if he be dropped N.P.D. or even expelled; he cannot “un-make” himself as a Mason. Was Thomas Jefferson a Freemason? Julius Morton? Jesse James? Funny thing about secret societies is they are secret. If there are secrets within that society they will be very hard to uncover using traditional methods. I would suggest that the truth would be easier to find and decipher if one was a Freemason. The archives of Nebraska City Lodge were burned to protect just that sort of thing coming to light on May 12th 1860. Nebraska City Fire, 1860 It is no coincidence that fire took place just five days after a Raleigh, North Carolina, meeting of the K.G.C. on May 7, 1860 in which the earliest preparations of Civil War were discussed by the opposing team who thought it best that all records be destroyed to protect the Knights in the coming days. That fire in Nebraska City included the news press and subscription list as well as the I.O.O.F. and Masonic records in the lodge that was above S.F. Nuckolls "Brick" building that was on the opposite side of the street from the prevailing winds.... Some proof went up in flames that day.

This is some overlooked early masonic history that may or may not give you some insight on the numbers attending in those days as well as the secret society being at the foundation of westward expansion. They wanted control of territories even before they were states. Also you can see from where these Freemasons first came West. Grand Lodge of A.F. & A.M. of Colorado :: Website

L.C.

Thanks for those links LC...They were interesting to read.

I had no idea Nebraska City was such a Boomtown in 1860... I knew its original intentions but didn't know there was so much commerce at that time....Eight Attorneys's Offices and Two Boot Repair Shops Destroyed?! From Sawdust...

Without any kind of fire protection on such open land as Nebraska, it's a miracle the entire place didn't go up in flames. It's hard to even imagine what all was lost as far as records...When Lane burned Osceola,MO...so much was lost and they had a bit of time to prepare before it happened.

Luckily a lot of families took valuables and buried or hid them, the bank took most of the assets out and some had the foresight to recreate records and memories while they were still fresh in their minds. They still estimated over $1million was stolen by Lane and his militia.

Thank You Again...I'm sure I'll have more questions if you don't mind answering them...

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

I had no idea Nebraska City was such a Boomtown in 1860... I knew its original intentions but didn't know there was so much commerce at that time....Eight Attorneys's Offices and Two Boot Repair Shops Destroyed?! From Sawdust...

Without any kind of fire protection on such open land as Nebraska, it's a miracle the entire place didn't go up in flames. It's hard to even imagine what all was lost as far as records...When Lane burned Osceola,MO...so much was lost and they had a bit of time to prepare before it happened.

Luckily a lot of families took valuables and buried or hid them, the bank took most of the assets out and some had the foresight to recreate records and memories while they were still fresh in their minds. They still estimated over $1million was stolen by Lane and his militia.

Thank You Again...I'm sure I'll have more questions if you don't mind answering them...

Kace

The sawdust is what the history books printed. The news press and others had a different story of arson that was silenced soon after the blaze.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a blanked out photo of my Father's cardboard field map. As you can see the map is made of three separate pieces, two crosses and a heart piece. The red dots are holes in the medallions where they were tethered. My dad colored them red so he would not think they were another dot on the map. The pieces are enlarged on this map as the original lead pieces are only about 3 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches wide and 3/8 inch thick. He drew them larger on the field map to make it easier to read. The originals are blackened with age and hard to see without magnification, but still very readable. We suspect a fourth piece may yet be found. If so, we may end up out of the State of Nebraska. Sorry not to show you more of the maps themselves,
hope you understand. I will tell you that each piece is a map in it's self before it plugs into the others to make an entirely different map all together.
That is one of the things makes it hard to decipher as each piece has unused symbols that pertain to a larger map it is part of. dad's field map blanked out..jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am curious, did they leave any symbolism, trail markers, compass points, maps to depositories or caches still hidden, or any that were ever found in those places that you could post? Below is a K.G.C. compass point left by the K.G.C. in Nebraska City, Nebraska.

Thanks, L.C.

View attachment 1526377

I'm pretty familiar with both Wyuka cemeteries...I have family there. I'm a Tombstone Tourist and one of the biggest Taphophiles you'll find..lol. It's a relaxing hobby for me and goes with my love of history. Wyuka Cemetery in Nebraska City is one of my favorites and I try and go whenever I'm up there.

Well...It depends on what you mean by depositories...If you could tell me what your idea of that is I can answer you better....franklin size or something else?

Markers and Symbolism..Yes....Awhile back you posted a vertical line with two horizontal lines through it on top of a mound/cave. That to me means a dagger or a knife...not necessarily literally, but there would be a carving or shape of a knife probably in a rock or stone. Or it could be under or around an old blacksmiths business or home.

Did you see the pictures of the Crock and Coffin Shaped Turtle Snuff Box I posted on the Jesse James Treasures Thread? I told a bit about those things there. They are on separate pages...The crock pic is first. Take a look at those if you would like and I'll talk to you as much as I can here about them and tell you a story about a blacksmith and why I said what I did about your drawing.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The sawdust is what the history books printed. The news press and others had a different story of arson that was silenced soon after the blaze.

I kinda thought that...It's a good cover though. It's no different than putting mulched leaves or grass in a bag or tight container...left for awhile it will heat up enough to cause a fire. Plenty of fat and papers in a butcher shop to get it going and keep it going good and hot.

Innocent enough for anyone to say they didn't know that would happen.

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I kinda thought that...It's a good cover though. It's no different than putting mulched leaves or grass in a bag or tight container...left for awhile it will heat up enough to cause a fire. Plenty of fat and papers in a butcher shop to get it going and keep it going good and hot.

Innocent enough for anyone to say they didn't know that would happen.

Kace

If you read the news articles it tells about the prevailing winds and the way the fire moved into the wind and spread leading them to believe there was foul play. One talks about a man taken into custody charged and then the charges were dropped and the man let go. He managed to remain nameless. He was just a lucky out of towner I guess. LOL

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I am not ashamed to admit I had to GOOGLE "taphophile" to find out that I too am one. Thanks for the vocabulary enhancement Kace! If you read my book you know I needed it.:notworthy::laughing7:

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm pretty familiar with both Wyuka cemeteries...I have family there. I'm a Tombstone Tourist and one of the biggest Taphophiles you'll find..lol. It's a relaxing hobby for me and goes with my love of history. Wyuka Cemetery in Nebraska City is one of my favorites and I try and go whenever I'm up there.

Well...It depends on what you mean by depositories...If you could tell me what your idea of that is I can answer you better....franklin size or something else?

Markers and Symbolism..Yes....Awhile back you posted a vertical line with two horizontal lines through it on top of a mound/cave. That to me means a dagger or a knife...not necessarily literally, but there would be a carving or shape of a knife probably in a rock or stone. Or it could be under or around an old blacksmiths business or home.

Did you see the pictures of the Crock and Coffin Shaped Turtle Snuff Box I posted on the Jesse James Treasures Thread? I told a bit about those things there. They are on separate pages...The crock pic is first. Take a look at those if you would like and I'll talk to you as much as I can here about them and tell you a story about a blacksmith and why I said what I did about your drawing.

Kace

I bet I could give you a tour you would never forget Sir. It would be interesting to see how much of it you had noticed already on your visits there.

L.C.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the brothers recovered any treasures that they had buried and spend it. Good luck to those seeking their treasures.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you read the news articles it tells about the prevailing winds and the way the fire moved into the wind and spread leading them to believe there was foul play. One talks about a man taken into custody charged and then the charges were dropped and the man let go. He managed to remain nameless. He was just a lucky out of towner I guess. LOL

VERY LUCKY GUY! And at 2pm in the afternoon?? You have to admit the butcher shop was a perfect place for a fire..especially at that time of the Windy Day! lol!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
VERY LUCKY GUY! And at 2pm in the afternoon?? You have to admit the butcher shop was a perfect place for a fire..especially at that time of the Windy Day! lol!

Yes, and it was on the West end of town on the opposite side of the street almost four blocks away!, and with a wind blowing out of the South it traveled East and crossed the street to the South and caught the nicest brick building in town on fire! Amazing isn't it? However, it was one of the buildings that had some insurance, but they still claimed a loss on the structure. The only way that fire spread into the wind was with accelerant and matches! LOL:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Kace

Did you know Lane was trying to kill Julius Sterling Morton? You won't find it in a history book, but here is a letter about it written by a "friend". Some truth was ignored along the way I believe to protect the political careers of former Copperheads that were members of the K.G.C..

Letter about Lane trying to put a hit on Morton.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread