OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace.....consider yourself "retracted" :laughing7: In my own humble opinion, I believe it was a strike against the newly formed banking system that was a sole Yankee adventure that got its start up capitol mostly from confiscated personal property, cash holdings and the land and livestock of C.S.A. soldiers and their families. Some were murdered for it when it was taken from them, some were wounded and laying up in Johnson's Island receiving news of their Father falling over dead on April 9th, upon his hearing of Lee's surrender. It would be a mighty long walk to Missouri from there after being forced to take the pledge of allegiance to get out of prison, only to find out everything you once owned was taken from you by the Yankees. To me, that is the kind of stuff that will drive a man to get some "Revenge" and "Retribution".

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone else on the trails ever run into these type of symbols on markers they have located or carved symbolism in stone or trees?

Thanks, L.C.

line symbols on markers.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am also curious about the use of these two types of symbols by the Spanish or the K.G.C. in the Southern United States if anyone has ever run into them on a trail.

Thanks, L.C.

skillet symbol.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
These two symbols were located on two separate markers on a trail. There was another lead cross clue buried in the ground at one of the corners, and it sent us in a different direction for a long distance to another site several counties away where we located another marker with symbols on it that are of a different nature and they used plain English as an eye catcher for us to see when we arrived at the site. At the other corner, we located there was also a buried piece left for us, but it had an altogether different coded message. My Dad and I located these two symbols early this Summer at one of the new sites and I think we have a pretty good idea of what they are telling us, but it is always good to hear what the people on here think so I can try that too if my theory of the symbolism doesn't pan out, Thanks in advance!:icon_thumleft: I will tell you what I think they mean after I try it out in the field, and anything else you guys might come up with too if needed. We are close to completion at one of the sites and I will show and explain what we found after we are able to complete the tasks that are now at hand. I plan on videoing the hunt if it all works out and doing some on-site videos of the symbolism we have located and details of what it led us too as well. I am positive that It will not get a G rating so I will have to publish the video on youtube! :laughing7:

line symbols on markers.jpg

L.C.:occasion14:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
These symbols were about three inches across and carved in stone at both sites with the center cupped out some like a dent.
View attachment 1630530

Found out that at the site these symbols were telling us that there were two lines crossing one marker and one line came from the other marker, but that line continued on to the third point below both of those markers and created a triangle and a site. We are working on what to do next as we have been given no distance to travel on the heading given by the site. Wondering if it is a calculation of the triangles circumference. Maybe times three as there are other Spanish symbols and methods that have been used on the trail by the K.G.C. ?

L.C.:icon_thumright:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found out that at the site these symbols were telling us that there were two lines crossing one marker and one line came from the other marker, but that line continued on to the third point below both of those markers and created a triangle and a site. We are working on what to do next as we have been given no distance to travel on the heading given by the site. Wondering if it is a calculation of the triangles circumference. Maybe times three as there are other Spanish symbols and methods that have been used on the trail by the K.G.C. ?

Your triangle is most likely in a 3,4,5 configuration. Since, the 3 is the 37 degree and the 5 is 53 degrees and the 4 is the 90 degree, I would go in the direction of the 3 as it would be the pointer for direction. Or you could use a compass and find where the center of the three lines cross inside the triangle and dig there if there is no more directions or markers.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
"Lt. Col. Chiles from Pattonsburg was married to Permilia G. Enyart, daughter of H.W. and Mary Ann Enyart. Permilia’s brother, Logan Enyart, Captain CSA, commanded Company B, Extra Cavalry Battalion (ECB), 4th Division of the MOSG and commanded Co.G of the 1st Mo. Calvary after it was organized in December 1861 at Springfield."

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right, if you look hard enough and follow those lines, this country has some very rewarding things to be found.

I'm familiar with the area of Wapanucka you are talking about...I think you'll find it better at LCMO..you've got a lot of the later information already. Most don't have what you do. It's closer to you as well fellow taphophile.

JMO,
Kace

Once I stand you at that Turtle and put the first map that was found there into your palm you will never sleep a full night again! It will open your eyes and bend your brain while you try to sleep. It will be with you in the back of your mind 24/7 from that day forward until you solve it. Plan on staying in Wyuka for at least the rest of that day and many others! So much to show you there, but I want you to discover your own path, that is what we need you to do with that brain of yours! When you do advance on the map and find something new to you that is over 100 years old, knowing that jt was left for you by the inner circle of the K.G.C. who were visited by Jesse W. James in Nebraska City from time to time, it is a spine-tingling rush that you will never forget, especially knowing that some of the gold you are searching for was more than likely stolen and handled by him and the gang. You have a good jug on your shoulders Kace, I am sure that you will be a big help on this trail and I can't wait to get you started to see what we can come up with this Spring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have contacted Marcel B. Matley about identifying the handwriting on the coded letter. I hope it turns into something worthwhile I will keep you all informed.

the letter from B.L. Few.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Once I stand you at that Turtle and put the first map that was found there into your palm you will never sleep a full night again! It will open your eyes and bend your brain while you try to sleep. It will be with you in the back of your mind 24/7 from that day forward until you solve it. Plan on staying in Wyuka for at least the rest of that day and many others! So much to show you there, but I want you to discover your own path, that is what we need you to do with that brain of yours! When you do advance on the map and find something new to you that is over 100 years old, knowing that jt was left for you by the inner circle of the K.G.C. who were visited by Jesse W. James in Nebraska City from time to time, it is a spine-tingling rush that you will never forget, especially knowing that some of the gold you are searching for was more than likely stolen and handled by him and the gang. You have a good jug on your shoulders Kace, I am sure that you will be a big help on this trail and I can't wait to get you started to see what we can come up with this Spring.

Thank You and I'm looking forward to it!

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1659620 i found a boulder with this carved on it.

Is that picture on its side or is that the way you see it in the field? When you say boulder, how big are you talking, could you pick it up and move it yourself or is it semi-permanent in its resting place? Have you found anything else besides the symbols in the same area?

L.C.

hollarromper

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No its turned on its side because my camera messed up the shot. If u click on the pic it will show it the way is should ne right side up. And its a permanant boulder that probably about 3 to 4 feet tall. Directly 90° from the boulder and directly on the other side of the creek i found what looks to be the head of an arrow carved into a tree and filled in with what looks like morter. Both of the lines to form the arrow tip are not the same size. It points right to my carving with the star and waning moon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Waning Moon", passed the treasure. Head Star shines down on the treasure, NORTH STAR...? Polaris...? There are several others used for Guiding Stars...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Good to review Mudane Astrology & the Gateway Arch of St. Louis; Stella Astrology & Masonic Astronomy...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread