JESSE JAMES AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE A JOINT VENTURE

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
So I take it you have researched the Compton Daddy they are talking about already Kace? Is he a second cousin to the Bigalow from St. Joseph? :laughing7: I will never have that problem after I die Kace! It will be a long line of debtors coming to make sure that I'm dead! In Logan's case, his money wasn't even half of it! There was a lot of land in a lot of states that he owned as well. Which led me to look into the Jefferson Davis mapping and any possible heads up that he may have received from a friend. Like Morton and the Nebraska salt, he and a certain surveyor laid claim to for a while. I believed like several other large strikes in this country it could be linked to the K.G.C., AND it could if you wanted it to be, but of course, there is no hard evidence to prove anything for sure. There were, however, several pieces of Logan's land that contained wealth, but the oil property in Kansas and the stock holdings were the ones they were killing over In my opinion. I do not believe there was ever a full disclosure of what he owned after his brother killed the first blood sucking lawyer that came for that list. I read that he told his brother Ab "when I die I will make you the richest man in the world".Overall it was a very large amount of wealth when the assets were added together with the land which is much easier to see the value of now that it has been there for 150 years pumping oil! He told his brother Ab "don't stop cashing the checks the well is still pumping oil!" That money was the kind that litigation seems to follow for sure, and in their case, it was for many years and many generations as you pointed out in your post. That specific piece of property in Kansas changed hands under duress as what I believe was a "get out of jail free" card in the form of a quick claim deed that would be disputed upon that holder's death by Ab's widow in the early 1900s:icon_thumright: The litigation in most all of the cases was written about nationwide in the investment and gossip sections, but the stories seem to grace the oil monthlies and local rags more often in this area because of the location being so close to home. He was a large cattleman too with several out of state ranches. I have to wonder if any of those places Logan owned were frequented by Jesse and the boys or could have been used by them on occasion if they needed a place to stay. Maybe even a cache place? :dontknow:

View attachment 1688349

I've heard this story my whole life.. I've told you who I'm kin to. I also gave you other names and places you could check.

I'm aware of what his assets were, others might not be if you feel like repeating truths,half-truths and untruths especially when it's garnered from sensationalistic articles.

The Compton guy was bought and brought in to bolster the Claims of ALLEGED PATERNITY by parts of the family that wanted ALL assets. I said assets in my previous post cause it wasn't just about cash. I don't know what happened when you quoted my post but I said on there 'Nothing To It'. Logan Was His Son.

When someone dies and there's substantial assets there's almost always Slander and Backstabbing and unless the estate is set up In Trusts and/or has the 'No Contest Clause'....Chances are great there's going to be a lawsuit. That's what happened. They questioned Heirship, Just For Money/Assets....It splits families to the point of FUBAR.

By what you said about yourself, you are lucky you don't have to think about it with your family. If there is a lot of debt in anyone's estate...very few will show up if any. Look what happened to JFD. I saw a family split over a signed Super Bowl Football once. That was 30+ years ago, And the parents had Everything in Trusts For The Children and Grandchildren To Prevent That Except That Flippin' Football!! That ended up in litigation...Sad.

JJ and FJ's Mother had family in Nebraska encompassing several counties. I believe that's the primary reason for the time they did go there to stay and get married in FJ's case. In my opinion I think they probably did see LE on occasion, especially for horse trading and racing.

All of the families I've mentioned to you were into that and most came from Kentucky. Most were English/Scots-Irish...LE's family were of French Descent. I gave you the name of who he descended from. The name spelling and pronunciation were changed, but at times some would use the original spelling of the name.

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard this story my whole life.. I've told you who I'm kin to. I also gave you other names and places you could check.

I'm aware of what his assets were, others might not be if you feel like repeating truths,half-truths and untruths especially when it's garnered from sensationalistic articles.

The Compton guy was bought and brought in to bolster the Claims of ALLEGED PATERNITY by parts of the family that wanted ALL assets. I said assets in my previous post cause it wasn't just about cash. I don't know what happened when you quoted my post but I said on there 'Nothing To It'. Logan Was His Son.

When someone dies and there's substantial assets there's almost always Slander and Backstabbing and unless the estate is set up In Trusts and/or has the 'No Contest Clause'....Chances are great there's going to be a lawsuit. That's what happened. They questioned Heirship, Just For Money/Assets....It splits families to the point of FUBAR.

By what you said about yourself, you are lucky you don't have to think about it with your family. If there is a lot of debt in anyone's estate...very few will show up if any. Look what happened to JFD. I saw a family split over a signed Super Bowl Football once. That was 30+ years ago, And the parents had Everything in Trusts For The Children and Grandchildren To Prevent That Except That Flippin' Football!! That ended up in litigation...Sad.

JJ and FJ's Mother had family in Nebraska encompassing several counties. I believe that's the primary reason for the time they did go there to stay and get married in FJ's case. In my opinion I think they probably did see LE on occasion, especially for horse trading and racing.

All of the families I've mentioned to you were into that and most came from Kentucky. Most were English/Scots-Irish...LE's family were of French Descent. I gave you the name of who he descended from. The name spelling and pronunciation were changed, but at times some would use the original spelling of the name.

Kace

Well, we do have a chance, It might all change if everything goes good for us and this map leads us to what we are looking for! Who knows? I may end up with the vultures fighting over my assets!

Dad with Map.jpg

P.S. Who are you kin to and how?

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, we do have a chance, It might all change if everything goes good for us and this map leads us to what we are looking for! Who knows? I may end up with the vultures fighting over my assets!

View attachment 1689452

If that is what you wish for, then It is my sincere hope that you find enough assets to require a very large venue for the wake!

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That is just one place Kace! We still have to figure out the other sites that we have not got decoded yet! Even when you have the key they don't make it easy for you.:BangHead:
It is going better now that we know who we are dealing with in the field that is for sure .:icon_thumleft:

missing new three.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
No just the key and a working knowledge of the cryptology, except it is Spanish and K.G.C. and O.A.K. all in one. There are signs of multiple societies on the same trail with markers in some cases and pieces that were left years before and after 1882. I believe it was passed on between societies as well as family members, but there is no way to 100% prove it. It has no bearing on the hunt for gold, but I would like to know who all left it buried just the same.:dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Each one of those pieces represents a negotiated spot and a measured distance from that place to another specific negotiated spot to the next piece as well as each piece representing several other things from their specific area that are symbolized on each. Although some of the symbols have been relatively easy to decode there are others that have not been so easy and more that have yet to be decoded. It is a work in progress and good help is hard to find on a subject that is so unique.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
At the first site, the society relied on eyesight and recognition of symbolism all from one position. I mean you stand at one spot and if you look around there are symbols that start jumping out at you. The first ones are obvious eye-catchers, then they become smaller and harder to see and you have to look for them closer and begin to focus. That focus has continued for a long long time., from that thing to the next on the trail.
After that first site was recovered we have been working on what was dug up out of the ground to lead us to the next place. That has happened several times during my lifetime, but it is a slow process that has been a lot like a very long roller coaster ride. Exciting sometimes, but with a long slightly uphill stretch before the fun part begins. .:icon_thumright:
L.C. BAKER AGE 7.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This is part of the reason that I believe the O.A.K. went underground in 1864 and became isolated only to the unknown senior members that were the innermost circle that included politicians already placed inside the fabric of the U.S. government. On the timeline that would mean they were in control of the funds that they had accumulated by that time that was already in their possession. Considering that one map piece we have is dated 1862 I can only assume that they were active as K.G.C. at that time and collaborate that speculation with the R/61 carved into the first cross that would signify besides the turtle it was found at, that the K.G.C. was most definitely involved in this cache layout in its beginning. :icon_thumleft:
https://books.google.com/books?id=7...=onepage&q=corps de belgique missouri&f=false

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel - Peace Democrats said:
The Corps De Belgique was who Price was relying on at the beginning of his O.A.K. as he knew it. That tells me that the O.A.K. who survived the cut/ going underground in 1863 were not in touch with Price after that and if they had been before that, I would say that he never knew their names. There is no doubt in my mind that any previous ties to the Sons of Liberty gang and the O.A.K. that survived the morphing from the K.G.C. left in 63 were severed as well. The O.A.K. that was developed in Missouri was like a sinking ship and everything went overboard except the captain and a skeleton crew to run the ship. However, I have no doubt that there was someone higher up telling the captain and crew were to sail!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
ANYWAY, about JJ & KGC...

"On September 13, 1861, Sterling Price's State Guard, including Frank James, besieged Lexington, Missouri, garrisoned by 3,500 men of the Union army, under Colonel James A. Mulligan. On September 20, Price's men finally attacked, and by the early afternoon, Mulligan and his men had surrendered. The Confederates had lost 100 men, while the Union forces' losses were estimated at 1,774 men. The Battle of Lexington was the second major victory for the State Guard, and the Confederates gained control of southwestern Missouri by October. Frank James fell ill and was left behind when the Confederate forces later retreated. He surrendered to Union forces, was paroled and was allowed to return home. However, he was arrested by the local pro-Union militia and not released until he signed an oath of allegiance to the Union."

What does that say to you about Frank James's relationship with any secret society we know of at that time?

L.C.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
ANYWAY, about JJ & KGC...

Jesse James was only 14 years old in 1862. By 1863 Clement Vallandigham had been arrested for treasonous acts, released from prison, and exiled by Abe Lincoln to the South where he made a B line for Richmond to meet with Jefferson Davis and others. Jesse James was too young to have been involved with any secret society that I know of until after September 5th, 1869. Basic requirements. ...Be a man at least 21 years of age. This is the most basic requirement under most. If the Freemasons were a precursor to the K.G.C. then it would be 100% for sure.

The 1869 bank robbery in Gallatin, the incident that first brought Jesse public notice as an outlaw,

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that the most conservative members of a secret group of people are generally found to be the ones calling the shots and the ones who have the most to lose. In the case of the group I am studying, the loss would not just have been monetary. There seems to be much more at stake to the members than individual gain, yet ALL of them gained quite well. It is my conclusion that Jesse James was too young to have been involved with the K.G.C., but he could have possibly been selected by the O.A.K. after September 5th, 1869. In a way, I guess that would have been what was left of the K.G.C. selecting him if they were members of what was left of the O.A.K. after 1865 until his death. .:icon_thumright: I am pretty sure that whatever the O.A.K. called themselves next began sometime close to 1900 and had nothing to do with Freemasonry. .:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions