Jesse James the year 1876

curly

Greenie
Sep 13, 2003
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats interesting and seems more possible as a 'rest ranch' location, as thats about the line of white settlement during the 1870's along the Texas Frontier. But both books I have point to Rest Ranch as being near the Rio Grande, and associated with the cattle trade out in West Texas, some salt flats, and mountains of West Texas, and locations place it even west of Ft Lancaster in southern Texas. Supposedly, they were able to cross the Rio Grande at or about Ft Quitman way out near El Paso and get to their Ranch. Anyway, from what I understand, there could be quite a lot of loot buried near this location, whereve it is. In the early 1870's when they were supposed to be there, there were almost no settlements in that region of West Texas as the Comanche and Apache were still controlling the region and killing people on site. So, Ive had my doubts but mystified as to why these wrtitings place it there. But thanks for the info, as you info seems more plausible, yet Im still not convinced 100%.

Curly

OP
OP
D

dwight traina

Yes i have read about the story that you tell but it is like so many other stories that have nothing that you can prove there is a storie hear in s.w okla that the gang was coming out of mexico with severial mule loads of gold and they hade been in a snow storm for about a week the horses had not had a good feed there was ice evary where they were tring to make it to Rush springs having lot of trouble they stoped at the head of a small creek dumped the gold in the creek kicked the bank off on top of it and Jesse shot 2 full pistol loads into a cottonwood tree to mark the place so the storie gos there is no records to show this realie came about as for the 1870 west texas was full of buffalo hunters old fort griffin was where most of them were at one time are another. Allen Palmer was a Quantrell man like Frank James and the men that head on the ranch were men he could trust i do know that after the Northfield holdup Frank was wonded and they stayed there while his sister got him well again. It seem that the name Jesse James is the magic words to treasure hunting there has been a lot written about him and i dont think one should take it with a grain of salt willclose for now

curly

Greenie
Sep 13, 2003
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dwight traina,

Interesting post and one of my favorite research treasure hunting topics. I was researching the Curly Bill/Skeleton Canyon treasure some years ago in Arizona and I started researching the idea of some young outlaw group claiming to have robbed all this gold and treasure from Monterrey Mex, could have pulled off such a thing. I thought, how unlikely is it that two greenhorn outlaws in their youth to have gone to Mexico and robbed banks and fled across the Rio Grande into Texas and beyond to bury it in the 1880's?...pretty unlikely, but some things seemed very real and valid.

Then I found some old books from the 1800's talking about Maximiliian, and Jesse James, and general Shelby and the guerilla connection, how after the Civil War, Gen. Shelby fled into Mexico to assist Maximillian, and after the turmoil, fled in 1867 following Max's execution and the turmoil in Mexico. I imagined it was chaos down there, and leaving that lawless country, some of these guys could have done some robberies down there and gotten into the US with their treasure intact. I read about the James group being there with Shelby, and then some robberies that occurred as they fled north across the Rio Grande into Texas. Then I stumbled upon the famous buried treasue tale in Texas called Maximillians Gold, that claimed Max's wife fled with the family wealth into Texas along the Chihuahua trail in Texas and got waylaid, and burid the gold near the Pecos. Supposedly this came from a man dying in a Denton County Jail. Then I read that Jesse stayed with his sister and borther-in-law or some such in Denton County or some area of North Texas, and that he had a "rest Ranche" in Texas, either there or in West Texas. Then I read about his claim of escaping will bullions of silver from MExico, crossing the Rio Grande and burying it. Ive read Wilson's book and read his maps, and convinced those maps belong to this treasue in Texas. Also have a Rock Pens treasure clue thats its here in Texas, and then have seen a "Boot Rock" in Texas near the Rio Grande. Also have a tale of an old outlaw that died in NEw MExico, that claimed he was a memeber of four men years ago that was involved in a Mexican robbery, and who had taken his share, which was $80k, and buried it in Texas. Lastly, Ive read that a man named Sherman was related to the Jesse group and dug up some of the James loot along the Pecos River in Texas somewhere, and then that the grandson of Jesse looked for the loot about 30+ years ago in the Guadalupes of West Texas. Read that a man found a cave with three skeletons there tied to treasue boxes in a cave, which sounded like what the boys claimed they did when they buried it.

It seems very very plausible from all this and more that the Curly Bill treasure, Monterrey Robbery, Maximillian gold, and Shelby excursion from Mexico in 1867 are all related, to some kind of heist in Mexico, and the subsequent burial of the gold and loot in Texas. I cant prove this, but the evidence is getting clearer, the more I read. Ive got some locations in mind for this, I just need the maps and clues....and further evidence this could be what transpired. If indeed this is related to the Skeleton Canyon treasure mystery, this is truly a huge amount of gold and treasure, and includes golden statues, diamonds, and $80k+ in 20 dollar Mexican gold dollars, which would be worth a fortune today. Anyone interested in adding more, write to me, or this forum. Looking for answers....

Curly

Attachments

• 1893 indian cent.jpg
    1893 indian cent.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 20
  • lliberty loan.jpg
    lliberty loan.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
D

dwight traina

Think You Eddie Ihave been telling people that for a long time but they dont listin .They keep trying to make J FRANK DOLTON JJ but from what Mr star and the hand writeing people said it looks like they would quit wipeing a dead horse .They like the fairy tail about the KGC.Dwight traina

beautiful_hotty

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2005
I've been reading your chat about Jesse James and his maps.
I was wondering if any of you heard of him burying any treasure in Wisconsin?
And if there is any map to that?
Thank-You for any imformation you can give me!
your online "th" friend,
Sherry

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
hotty, sad to say but dwight isnt around any more......he is most likely down on purtey water creek.................lord rest his soul........................

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
Jesse James, Max, and Dwight

Sorry to hear Dwight passed on, my sympathies to his family & friends.

Curly, I don't think I have any historical answers about Max's treasure, but I have an idea on how it can be located. I have read the The Crown of Mexico by John Haslip, but it mentions nothing about the treasure. I find little or nothing historic on the Web re: Max's treasure, and would like to know if there are any pieces of it which could be positively ID'd, such as family heirlooms or known historic pieces. any ideas where to find some sort of list of the treasure, or any part of it.

I read somewhere years ago that the man who died in the barn (allegedly J. W. Booth), had different colored eyes than Booth. Just like the man shot outside the Chicago theater (allegedly John Dillinger) had different colored eyes. Booth, the story claimed, died many years later, revealing himself to his doctor on his death bed.

All this talk of numbers, symbols, signs, odd ways of looking at maps, etc., what good is it if you haven't found any of treasure? Seems to me from all I've read that most of these old caches are stumbled upon by accident by folks who aren't even looking for treasure, dumb luck.

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004
The KGC was and may still be a viable organization. They buried caches
in every state in the Union. At least at the many states that I have
checked leads me to believe evey state in included. I know the Mexican
mint robbery was made by KGC members and it is buried in Texas. I wish
that I could remember the names associated with Emperor Max's cache.
I would like to take the challenge to locate it. Also, the saga concerning
Jesse and the Mexican robbery and the deposit in the Wichitas is correct.
The loot is still there. Men are consistently recovering these KGC caches.
Unless you are a booby trap expert, stay out of caves where you to have
to dig an opening to get into it.
RE:Booth--you are correct, he did not die in the barn.
Jesse James was killed just as our history books tell us.
Jacob Walts-a member of the KGC, I doubt he ever had a mine.
May all your treasure hunting be safe and fruitful.
Al Osborn
[email protected]
By the way--never ask me to give you a KGC cahe siite if you can"t be
trusted and I will know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread