Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It seems to me that you would have to believe the Dalton theory in order to swallow the Bigalow story hook line and sinker. I have yet to find any evidence that Bigalow existed anywhere but in a story. I am inclined to believe that was not Jesse James in the pine box in 1882, but I also don't think that the dead man they used for a body double was named Charlie Bigalow. Being a notorious local Missouri outlaw it would seem there should be more to Charlie Bigalow's story than one chapter involving Jesse James. It was not so populated that Bigalow would have blended in. What about previous crimes and warrants for his arrest? I can't seem to find anything but the one chapter in his life. That is, unless you want to believe the "He said, She said stories. I just can't find any factual evidence to support the man ever lived or died.

Just my 2$ worth L.C.:occasion14:
NOT into the "Dalton Theory"; I stand by my own R & I. Will NOT be bullied to believe in the "non-existence" of Charley BIGELOW; Not BIGALOW...

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Bullied? Yer kiddin me. :icon_scratch:

Kace offered ta look yer R&I over if ye had somethin bout yer BIGELOW prior to John James makin it up. "Google it" ain't R&I.

IF ye have somethin, why dont ye share it instead of cryin foul fer no reason. :dontknow:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
NOT into the "Dalton Theory"; I stand by my own R & I. Will NOT be bullied to believe in the "non-existence" of Charley BIGELOW; Not BIGALOW...

Reb..I don't think Anyone is Bullying you... We've all had different approaches and beliefs on this topic of James and Dalton. I still remember when you announced on This Very Thread that after having time to look at more information you proclaimed Dalton a fraud.

If anyone is doing real research on a subject, you've got to pull back the onion layers. There's plenty of Big Onions of repetition on this topic. There's also Smaller Onions where those looking to prove or disprove the assassination as history reported it and as John James,Dalton and Houk and others made claims that Have to look at everything. Just because History reported it one way and others looking to profit from writing books another way and say it a lot Doesn't Make Either True.

For a second look at the James Family and Dalton and Courtney Camps.

JWJ Family:
Fact: They never wanted to exhume JWJ's Grave at Kearney for DNA testing. Why? The Dalton, Courtney, JMJ, Chase and Gerlt camps claimed it was because they knew DNA would prove it wasn't JWJ buried there. That he didn't die, but lived on under a different name and had other wives and many children.

Fact: The James family Knew that the JWJ 1902 and 1978 exhumations and re burials would have posed questions and doubts regarding the 1995 exhumation and DNA testing would have been questioned even if a disgruntled County employee hadn't made his claims because of the 1902 JWJ exhumation and re burial at Mt Olivet and the 1978 exhumation. At that time in 1902 there was not any chain of custody/handling and the remains and casket were extremely deteriorated like they were in 1978 when I was there. Understandable. The original JWJ Grave was dug up later and partial remains were found and analyzed.

Dalton:
Fact: Bud H. And the fake James' boys Lied to the judge and got caught when requesting exhumation of JFD and dug up Holland, then saw that there was another casket there, but still took Hollands casket and remains off the cemetery grounds to 'an undisclosed location' without telling his family or the judge. The Other casket was disturbed..nobody knows for sure what was taken but not documented and supposedly Holland was re buried. That still disturbed Daltons supposed Wooden Casket. Bud also removed the temporary marker from Daltons grave prior to the current marker. That whole thing was a hot mess. Understandable why another exhumation probably will never happen and Granbury makes a lot of tourism $$$.

Fact: That lets Both of them out for absolute, unquestionable DNA testing. Although BDD and Bud wanted to use known JWJames descendants for DNA comparison???

Fact: Courtney's Family Has Had DNA testing and proved he was JLC and Not JWJ. BDDuke got caught lying and showing altered photoshopped pictures of JLC and the JWJames family and the judge naturally got mad and stopped any exhumations. Understandable.

Fact: Naturally there is a question of WHO is in the Casket Photo. The village of Bigelow,Mo is very close to Kearney and St Joe. It's Tiny...Blink and you miss it although there is a Hunting-Fishing lodge there now. But it's Never been a Big Metropolis. Those folks really do laugh and shake their heads when asked about Charley Bigelow where most folks are generational and know everyone. That's Understandable.

Fact: Bigelow, Mo could sure use the tourism money that would be sure to come by going along with those writers who claim that it was Charley Bigelow killed by riding on the coat tails of John James/Houk/Daltons claims that CB was killed to take Jesse James place. They could of even put a memorial marker up... They didn't, because then they'd have to prove he ever existed. Understandable.

Fact: The St Joe home where the shooting took place makes a small fortune every year and it's been moved at least twice and on top of that... what they claim was the kill shot bullet hole in the wall couldn't have been and has been challenged since they opened and made that claim. Just about $$$.

Fact: You are just as entitled to believe whatever you want to as anyone else. I was hoping you had other searching ideas is why I asked you and volunteered to pull hard copies... it was never to Bully. I know by reading non sensational books, documents and articles, many have looked for any existence of Charley Bigelow, like I have and know Baker has and no body has ever found where he existed. Kentuck, clearly has looked and posted information. Baker is doing it due to his hunt... he has to Try to get at the truth himself and not rely on others. I've made him the same offer as I did you regarding pulling factual hard documents in Missouri if he was able to find anything. He can't.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

I take that video demo to show what the claimed caliber of gun used to kill the guy in the casket would of similarly done when fired close range at him.

Kace

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Bullied? Yer kiddin me. :icon_scratch:

Kace offered ta look yer R&I over if ye had somethin bout yer BIGELOW prior to John James makin it up. "Google it" ain't R&I.

IF ye have somethin, why dont ye share it instead of cryin foul fer no reason. :dontknow:

Yes, please show what you have on the man to us Rebel I am all eyes and ears like everyone else on here.

P.S. Thomas Jefferson was a Freemason! :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes, please show what you have on the man to us Rebel I am all eyes and ears like everyone else on here.

P.S. Thomas Jefferson was a Freemason! :laughing7:
:laughing7: I have already provide some sources to Kace; NO, on TJ being a Free-Mason. OFF TOPIC! NOT gonna "bicker" about that EITHER! :laughing7:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Sources. LOL

I had Google on speed dial too tha other day, lookin fer some parts fer my classic Chevy I'm rebuildin. Put in "Hooker Headers", an lo an behold my prayers was answered. :o :thumbsup:

Wife bout had a conniption fit though and told me I couldn't have any o' what popped up. Yessir, gotta love "Google". Reckon I be usin it more often when lookin fer ...parts. :notworthy: :laughing7:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7: I have already provide some sources to Kace; NO, on TJ being a Free-Mason. OFF TOPIC! NOT gonna "bicker" about that EITHER! :laughing7:

Was it on a public forum or a PM? Can anyone find a link to it and post it for me? I would really like to see what is available on Mr. Bigalow or however it is spelled. I found many many Charley, Charlie, Bigaloe, Bigalows, but none of them fit for THE Bigalow I am looking for.

Thanks, L.C.

P.S. T.J. WAS A BROTHER!.. Galileo was not noted for being a lier....8-)

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Was it on a public forum or a PM? Can anyone find a link to it and post it for me? I would really like to see what is available on Mr. Bigalow or however it is spelled. I found many many Charley, Charlie, Bigaloe, Bigalows, but none of them fit for THE Bigalow I am looking for.

Thanks, L.C.

Well, I tried Googlin tha Soubonics route, an that dint work either. Mebbe good fer his CB folder though, I reckon.

https://www.facebook.com/Big-A-Low-Child-Care-Center-254779798327674/?hc_ref=OTHER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am always interested in what Rebel has to say, even though we don't always agree on what we think. He was on to the early K.G.C. in the West and what the overall jest of the plan was way before I introduced facts to prove he was right. Although he may not have known the names, he was onto the games. That is quite an uphill fight without hard evidence to back it up or open the doors for him to NEW information.

L.C.:icon_thumright:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Yessir, its always a "uphill fight" when ye don't have "hard evidence". Even tougher when someone else does.

Good luck to ya both, ye got yer work cut out fer ye. :icon_thumright:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
TY, I have added it into my "CB" Folder.

Reb, Just an FYI in case you're not familiar with Henry J. Walker and think about using his info. He's the same type of writer as:
Pastore
Houk/Jesse Lee James
Gannis
Turilli
Triplett..if you need more information on him just ask.
Schrader
Etc, Etc

I wasn't sure if you knew, so even though that Gen Article pretty much said that, I wanted you to know that's why Jones/James wrote that piece. I also have no idea if you've actually done the genealogy or other research on any of these folks going back many decades.

Also, where Walker said that Bigelow, Mo was named after Charlie Bigelows father.... that's not quite right. They wanted to make that area a prominent RR stop/destination and there was a man named John Bigelow who did scout for railroads..folks that lived around that area wanted the railroad to make their area more attractive to business and grow so they named it after John to show their appreciation and enthusiasm and also to try and sway him a bit if possible by naming the village after him. There are/were Bigelows who lived and are buried there...Just not THE Charlie Bigelow or family that's been referred to in numerous books and articles.

If you ever use Google or Wiki to research Bigelow, Mo... you'll just see it was named after a Rail Road Promoter.

Anyway, I wanted to give you a little more background on that.

Kace

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sources. LOL

I had Google on speed dial too tha other day, lookin fer some parts fer my classic Chevy I'm rebuildin. Put in "Hooker Headers", an lo an behold my prayers was answered. :o :thumbsup:

Wife bout had a conniption fit though and told me I couldn't have any o' what popped up. Yessir, gotta love "Google". Reckon I be usin it more often when lookin fer ...parts. :notworthy: :laughing7:

You're wife is gonna give you a Hook upside your Head with a frying pan... LOL!!

Kace

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sources. LOL

I had a "Header" from a hooker once. Let me tell you, it was sure well worth the money, ha ha.

Bill

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks, L.C.

Baker...The sources that Reb used and referred me to were the ones posted on this thread a page back .. Those books/articles were After John James and Houk/Dalton so there's no new information there for your research.

I've searched hi and lo for Bigelow and I cannot find Anything! He wasn't a Pinkerton agent and he wasn't law enforcement in any of the counties I mentioned before... there's Nothing Anywhere on him in Any Type of records...Missouri and elsewhere...I went +/- 10yrs of JWJames age of 34yrs in 1882 thinking that might help and it didn't.

What's the Thomas Jefferson Masonic stuff? I 'thought' he was 'made' in Paris or somewhere in France. I can't remember the details but I remember one of my Masonic gUncles talking about that and Monticello. That was years ago and All I remember about it. lol!

Kace

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread